• Yang Ru-shan was born the only son, and his main duty in life is to produce male heirs.
• Yang Ru-shan needs money for concubines, so he arranges for his beautiful daughter to be seen by General Xue.
• General Xue takes Yu-Fang as a concubine. They are together once, and he leaves for six years.
• In their next visit, Yu-Fang becomes pregnant with a daughter to whom General Xue's wife lays claim.
• When the General dies, he releases Yu-Fang from her position as concubine.
• Yu-Fang kidnaps her daughter and lives in the house she was privy to as a concubine.
• General Xue's wife forces Yu-Fang to move in with her father who treats her poorly.
• Yu-Fang suffers a nervous breakdown, and Dr. Xia comes to treat her, falls in love with her, and proposes marriage.
• Dr. Xia's children are unhappy with the match. His oldest son even...
This section contains 2,462 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)