|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What balance does Peter insist to Parker must exist?
2. How long is this encounter?
3. What feeling does Steven relish after his phone call is completed?
4. What test did Magda set up for Peter?
5. What does Peter admit to Kingston Parker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Magda do to test Peter to see if he is really Caliph?
2. Steven's feelings dramatically change pre and post phone call with Caliph. In what way and why?
3. Peter receives several warnings that Magda has doubts about him. What are those warnings and how does he respond?
4. What concerns does the 'doctor' have about MJ and what is her condition?
5. Steven's meeting with Peter at the hotel in Orly reveals that contrary to his initial reaction, they could easily trade places. What about this bothers Steven?
6. What does Inspector Richards reveal to Peter regarding his conversation with the Deputy Commissioner and what is his recommendation?
7. Peter needs to ensure Magda's safety. How does he do that without putting himself at risk?
8. What does Kingston expressly forbid Peter to do and how should Kingston expect Peter to respond based on his history?
9. At Thor Command, Colin and Parker have information that takes Peter's legs out from under him, and changes the way he feels for Magda. What is that information?
10. In his highly emotional state, he believes the worst about Magda is possible. What one factor above all others makes her identity as Caliph unlikely and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Parker and Peter were both considered as candidates to run Atlas. What characteristics do they share that make them ideal candidates? What characteristics separate them? What are the most important characteristics necessary to run Atlas and why?
Essay Topic 2
What position does Colin Noble have in this story? How can he be considered both a bad guy and a good guy? What events take him from hero to zero and back again in Peter's eyes?
Essay Topic 3
When Melissa-Jane is kidnapped, Caliph uses sources outside of the inner circle. Why is that? Why are her kidnappers instructed to take her to Laragh? What about the location bothers Gilly? How is this different from Caliph's behavior until this point and what can we presume is the intention of this deviation from normalcy?
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)