|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does Peter draw from the ambush in the Maserati?
2. What does Ingrid do to show those in power that they are serious?
3. What alerts him that someone is nearby at the creek?
4. What is Peter Stride's new command called?
5. What does Peter want to use to lure Caliph in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the British government respond to Ingrid's reaction?
2. Why does Colin follow Peter and Melissa-Jane and how is it significant to Peter?
3. How does Peter feel about Magda's Maserati?
4. Peter and Dr. Parker exchange differing viewpoints. What disagreements do Peter and Dr. Parker have concerning the merits of morally justifiable militancy?
5. When Peter meets Ingrid face to face, he tries to ask her questions which she refuses to answer. How does Peter manage to get the answers he wants anyway?
6. When Ingrid is given a counter proposal, she insists on it being delivered in person. Why?
7. Baroness Altmann goes out of her way to meet with Peter. What specifically does Baroness Altmann want from him?
8. Magda is devastated when she is mistaken told Peter is dead. How does she behave when she realizes he is not?
9. Peter's career is ended by his decision to disobey Parker. How does he feel about it?
10. What part of his meeting with Parker is the most difficult for Peter to listen to and how does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What position is Peter offered finally? Who has told him he would be ideal for the job in the past? Why does Magda's hail to the new position bother Peter and what does he ask of her? How does Peter see this position and what is it that inspires him to accept it? Who brings him the news and takes his answer back to those who offered the position?
Essay Topic 2
The attack on Peter in the Maserati was both expected and surprising. How is that the case? Several people or groups could have been responsible and were discussed from the outset of the attack. Who were they and what were their motives? In each case, who would the target have been?
Essay Topic 3
Caliph's position is multi-faceted. In which ways is that statement true? Caliph's ultimate desire is to take over which key position? Why is that in direct opposition and conflict with two of the positions he is supposed to a key figure in and which positions are they?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)