|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the gas to be used by the assault group?
2. Who is the Inspector that handles Melissa-Jane's kidnapping?
3. What is an indication of Peter and Colin's military status?
4. What have the two couples smuggled on board their flight?
5. How many men are in the assault group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the terrorists' initial demands when arriving on the flight deck?
2. How do the terrorists who board Speedbird 070 manage to deflect and draw attention at the same time and why?
3. Why does Colin follow Peter and Melissa-Jane and how is it significant to Peter?
4. Baroness Altmann goes out of her way to meet with Peter. What specifically does Baroness Altmann want from him?
5. According to the demands Ingrid makes, when are the men to be released and what is significant about the timing?
6. name the terrorists make reference to is Caliph. What does the name actually stand for and how is the definition significant?
7. How much does Peter tell Magda when he returns and what is her response?
8. Caliph's motives have changed since the Boeing hijacking. How?
9. When Ingrid is given a counter proposal, she insists on it being delivered in person. Why?
10. What offer does Magda make Peter that tempts him but that he has to refuse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What position does Colin Noble have in this story? How can he be considered both a bad guy and a good guy? What events take him from hero to zero and back again in Peter's eyes?
Essay Topic 2
Peter and Steven are twins but differ in many ways. How are they the same? What do they share that is unique to twin relationships? What characteristics are different between them? What would you speculate to be the main reason for these differences?
Essay Topic 3
Parker has his hands in many different arenas. Other than running Atlas, what else is he involved with? What is his ultimate goal and in what way do his other activities facilitate this ultimate goal?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)