|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivates the Baroness to find Caliph?
2. Why does Altmann object to this option?
3. What job offer does he accept?
4. How many passengers are aboard Speedbird 070?
5. What does he learn about her on that flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the terrorists who board Speedbird 070 manage to deflect and draw attention at the same time and why?
2. What is significant about whether the attempt on Peter in the Maserati was an assassination or abduction attempt?
3. How much does Peter tell Magda when he returns and what is her response?
4. What part of his meeting with Parker is the most difficult for Peter to listen to and how does he respond?
5. What are the terrorists' initial demands when arriving on the flight deck?
6. Why does Colin follow Peter and Melissa-Jane and how is it significant to Peter?
7. How does the British government respond to Ingrid's reaction?
8. How does Peter feel about Magda's Maserati?
9. What is the content of the letter that arrives for Peter at the Dorchester after Melissa-Jane is kidnapped?
10. What offer does Magda make Peter that tempts him but that he has to refuse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Caliph's position is multi-faceted. In which ways is that statement true? Caliph's ultimate desire is to take over which key position? Why is that in direct opposition and conflict with two of the positions he is supposed to a key figure in and which positions are they?
Essay Topic 2
Melissa-Jane is rescued as a result of a tip that leads Atlas to her location. Though Gilly is aware that they have been discovered, he is still unable to escape. Why? What circumstances work in his favor and which one work against him?
Essay Topic 3
Parker has his hands in many different arenas. Other than running Atlas, what else is he involved with? What is his ultimate goal and in what way do his other activities facilitate this ultimate goal?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)