|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter want to use to lure Caliph in?
2. How many men are in the assault group?
3. Who is the Inspector that handles Melissa-Jane's kidnapping?
4. Where does Peter go afterward?
5. What is Peter Stride's new command called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Peter's career is ended by his decision to disobey Parker. How does he feel about it?
2. What is the content of the letter that arrives for Peter at the Dorchester after Melissa-Jane is kidnapped?
3. Why does Colin follow Peter and Melissa-Jane and how is it significant to Peter?
4. What part of his meeting with Parker is the most difficult for Peter to listen to and how does he respond?
5. Like the rest of the terrorists, Ingrid is having problems. What are they and why?
6. Magda is devastated when she is mistaken told Peter is dead. How does she behave when she realizes he is not?
7. How much does Peter tell Magda when he returns and what is her response?
8. Peter and Dr. Parker exchange differing viewpoints. What disagreements do Peter and Dr. Parker have concerning the merits of morally justifiable militancy?
9. When Peter meets Ingrid face to face, he tries to ask her questions which she refuses to answer. How does Peter manage to get the answers he wants anyway?
10. Caliph's motives have changed since the Boeing hijacking. How?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Parker has his hands in many different arenas. Other than running Atlas, what else is he involved with? What is his ultimate goal and in what way do his other activities facilitate this ultimate goal?
Essay Topic 2
Caliph's position is multi-faceted. In which ways is that statement true? Caliph's ultimate desire is to take over which key position? Why is that in direct opposition and conflict with two of the positions he is supposed to a key figure in and which positions are they?
Essay Topic 3
Terrorism is a concern on the mind of everyone who travels. In this novel, the terrorists use an inventive method of getting weapons on board. How do they accomplish this? How do they combine their assets to distract airport security? Which of the four terrorists is best able to act as distraction and why?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)