|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was significant about the quote Caliph chose if Steven wanted contact to Peter?
(a) It seemed unrelated.
(b) It seemed to be too obvious.
(c) It seemed to be the epitome of his view of himself.
(d) It seemed to be too complicated.
2. Where is she headed to hide out?
3. What feeling does Steven relish after his phone call is completed?
(b) One of relief.
(c) One of bravery.
(d) Thrill of fear.
4. What does Peter agree is the tool of Caliph's trade?
5. Where does Atlas get its' awareness of Caliph from?
(c) Chinese communists.
(d) Russian intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man holding Melissa-Jane call himself?
2. To what group did Magda's father belong?
3. What does Peter admit to Kingston Parker?
4. What is the first indication Peter notices that his place in Magda's life has been restored?
5. What name is Magda going to use in exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once Peter and Magda have both told their sides of the story, they have made declarations and Magda has relinquished something important. What are the declarations and what has Magda relinquished?
2. Peter tells Magda everything he knows. Which parts are wrong?
3. Peter and Magda are not together again for some time. When her call comes, what does she want, and how does Peter interpret her request.
4. What does Inspector Richards reveal to Peter regarding his conversation with the Deputy Commissioner and what is his recommendation?
5. In his highly emotional state, he believes the worst about Magda is possible. What one factor above all others makes her identity as Caliph unlikely and why?
6. What concerns does the 'doctor' have about MJ and what is her condition?
7. Peter has a plan to bring Caliph down. How is Steven going to help him to flush Caliph out into the open?
8. Gilly is disturbed by some of the arrangements made by Caliph. What are they, and why do they make Gilly nervous?
9. Both Magda and Peter reach one conclusion that leads them to a second as they each think the other is Caliph. What are those conclusions and how do they affect the outcome?
10. What does Gilly do to minimize their risk of capture?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)