|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would have been the outcome had Peter succeeded in killing both Parker to rescue MJ and Magda because he believed her to be responsible?
(a) He would have been hooked by Caliph forever.
(b) He would go to trial.
(c) He would spend his life on the run.
(d) He would rot in jail.
2. What is the first indication Peter notices that his place in Magda's life has been restored?
(a) They eat together at the house.
(b) She buys him a present.
(c) His belongings are moved to the main house.
(d) She holds him differently.
3. What is Cynthia's reaction after MJ's rescue.
(a) Cynthia is frightened.
(b) Cynthia is remorseful.
(c) Cynthia blames Peter for MJ's suffering.
(d) Cynthia is grateful.
4. How long did it take before Steven received contact?
(a) Six days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
5. Where will Steven and Peter switch places?
(a) The Air Hotel of the Orly South Terminal.
(b) In the bar.
(c) In the restroom.
(d) On the plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bay mare Magda runs at the Grand Prix de Paris at Longchamp?
2. What details are most difficult for Steven?
3. What motivates Peter to nurse Magda back to health after he tried to kill her?
4. What name is Magda going to use in exile?
5. What question remains unanswered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gilly do to minimize their risk of capture?
2. Both Magda and Peter reach one conclusion that leads them to a second as they each think the other is Caliph. What are those conclusions and how do they affect the outcome?
3. What drives Peter to chase the escaping car alone and what risks is he willing to take?
4. Peter receives several warnings that Magda has doubts about him. What are those warnings and how does he respond?
5. Peter has a plan to bring Caliph down. How is Steven going to help him to flush Caliph out into the open?
6. What does Kingston expressly forbid Peter to do and how should Kingston expect Peter to respond based on his history?
7. What does Inspector Richards reveal to Peter regarding his conversation with the Deputy Commissioner and what is his recommendation?
8. Peter needs to ensure Magda's safety. How does he do that without putting himself at risk?
9. What ideals are at the root of Steven's commitment to Caliph? Why was Steven so eager to follow a man he hadn't met?
10. What concerns does the 'doctor' have about MJ and what is her condition?
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)