|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did she say to him that made no sense?
(a) "What were you thinking?"
(b) "It just couldn't be."
(c) "They warned me... I couldn't believe it.... Not you."
(d) "I knew it all along."
2. What does Magda ask in return for her compliance with his plan?
(a) A ticket to Switzerland.
(b) A holiday.
(c) A shopping spree.
(d) Three days of uninterrupted, Caliph free time with him.
3. What was significant about the quote Caliph chose if Steven wanted contact to Peter?
(a) It seemed to be the epitome of his view of himself.
(b) It seemed unrelated.
(c) It seemed to be too complicated.
(d) It seemed to be too obvious.
4. What is the name of Magda's holiday island chain off Tahiti?
(a) The Nine Fishes.
(b) The Three Corners.
(c) The Five Isles.
(d) The Eight Birds.
5. What does Gilly do as they are leaving the Old Manse?
(a) He sets it on fire.
(b) He wipes it free of prints.
(c) He vandalizes it.
(d) He pours oil over it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take before Steven received contact?
2. What information do Colin and Parker divulge that stuns Peter regarding the two calls made by Gilly from his hideout?
3. What troubles Steven about the voice of the contact that calls?
4. Where will Steven and Peter switch places?
5. What is the lead position called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Peter and Magda are not together again for some time. When her call comes, what does she want, and how does Peter interpret her request.
2. What concerns does the 'doctor' have about MJ and what is her condition?
3. When Peter and Magda are struggling on the deck, Magda gives in. Why?
4. Both Magda and Peter reach one conclusion that leads them to a second as they each think the other is Caliph. What are those conclusions and how do they affect the outcome?
5. If given a choice as to how he was to handle holding MJ after the kidnapping, what would Gilly have done?
6. Steven's meeting with Peter at the hotel in Orly reveals that contrary to his initial reaction, they could easily trade places. What about this bothers Steven?
7. Peter makes preparations to take Steven's place at the meeting with Caliph. What are they?
8. When Peter sees Magda next, they both see something different in each other. What is it and how do they give themselves away?
9. What does Magda do to test Peter to see if he is really Caliph?
10. How does Peter respond to Kingston's visit to Abbots Yew?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)