|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Peter and Magda fly to?
2. What does it appear motivates Caliph?
(a) Becoming more powerful.
(b) Controlling the world.
(c) Controlling Altmann.
(d) Amassing more wealth.
3. What question is answered by the terrorists' choice of destinations?
(a) Motivation is political.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Motivation is legal consequences after capture.
(d) Motivation is escape and avoidance.
4. What signals the men in the terminal?
(a) Number of fingers held up.
(b) Hand signals.
(c) A small bell.
(d) The clicks of radio buttons.
5. Who is Atlas?
(a) Colin Noble.
(b) Peter Stride.
(c) The President.
(d) Dr. Kingston Parker.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does he realize it is a trap?
2. What do Peter and Altmann discuss after a day on the slopes?
3. What is the next deadline that Ingrid announces?
4. What does he learn about her on that flight?
5. How many times does Peter see Altmann over three weeks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ingrid has several demands which include safe passage, media attention and money. What issue does Ingrid not allow for when making their demands? How does she resolve this?
2. How does Peter feel about Magda's Maserati?
3. What is the content of the letter that arrives for Peter at the Dorchester after Melissa-Jane is kidnapped?
4. Like the rest of the terrorists, Ingrid is having problems. What are they and why?
5. After the South African police force is asked to pull back, the terrorists make contact a second time. What do they tell Peter that deeply affects him and why?
6. When Ingrid is given a counter proposal, she insists on it being delivered in person. Why?
7. Caliph's motives have changed since the Boeing hijacking. How?
8. Peter and Colin are ready to act on an order to go to Delta which hasn't been given. How does Peter get around that problem?
9. According to the demands Ingrid makes, when are the men to be released and what is significant about the timing?
10. What are the terrorists' initial demands when arriving on the flight deck?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)