|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When would Colin run Delta if given a go-ahead?
(a) Right at the deadline.
(b) Right away.
(c) As soon as it was dark.
(d) Just before the deadline.
2. Who is the Inspector that handles Melissa-Jane's kidnapping?
(a) Inspector Archie Richmond.
(b) Inspector Ricky Atlas.
(c) Inspector Richard Alans.
(d) Inspector Alan Richards.
3. What motivates the Baroness to find Caliph?
(b) He cost her millions.
(c) He threatens her business.
(d) He murdered her husband.
4. Who does Melissa Jane tell Peter he reminds her of?
(a) Leonardo Dicaprio.
(b) Brad Pitt.
(d) Gary Cooper.
5. What conclusion does Peter draw from the ambush in the Maserati?
(a) That they were trying to take Magda alive.
(b) That they hoped he was dead.
(c) That they wanted the car.
(d) That they knew he would be there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Peter make that Ingrid denies?
2. What trade do the kidnappers offer for Melissa-Jane's life?
3. Who is the Captain of Speedbird 070?
4. What conclusion does Peter draw about Ingrid's demands that worries him?
5. What is an indication of Peter and Colin's military status?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the terrorists who board Speedbird 070 manage to deflect and draw attention at the same time and why?
2. How does the British government respond to Ingrid's reaction?
3. What part of his meeting with Parker is the most difficult for Peter to listen to and how does he respond?
4. Peter and Colin are ready to act on an order to go to Delta which hasn't been given. How does Peter get around that problem?
5. How does the terrorist group take control of Speedbird 070?
6. After the South African police force is asked to pull back, the terrorists make contact a second time. What do they tell Peter that deeply affects him and why?
7. South Africa does not want to give in to the terrorists demands. What issues make them reluctant to do so?
8. What is the content of the letter that arrives for Peter at the Dorchester after Melissa-Jane is kidnapped?
9. Like the rest of the terrorists, Ingrid is having problems. What are they and why?
10. Peter is disturbed after his meeting with Ingrid and is convinced that the situation is much more serious than they initially thought. Why?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)