|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the murders, what does the British government agree to do?
(a) Free the men the terrorists asked for.
(b) Provide the 170 million dollars.
(c) Provide the safe passage.
(d) Provide the extra plane.
2. What has Magda been told?
(a) That Peter is married.
(b) That Peter has left.
(c) That Peter is dead.
(d) That Peter has quit.
3. What protection does Peter offer Colin when he plans the Delta strike against Parker's orders?
(a) He orders his compliance.
(b) He offers to replace him.
(c) He offers to go along.
(d) Video and audio recordings of his objections.
4. Where do Peter and Magda fly to?
5. How does Parker respond to Peter's successful Delta insertion?
(a) He chastises him.
(b) He congratulates him.
(c) He promotes him.
(d) He berates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising fact does Peter learn about Baron Altmann?
2. What alerts him that someone is nearby at the creek?
3. How many children under the age of sixteen are on the plane?
4. How do the South Africans want to respond?
5. What does Peter believe the odds of successful Delta are?
Short Essay Questions
1. Peter gives the order to initiate condition Delta. What are the consequences?
2. When Ingrid is given a counter proposal, she insists on it being delivered in person. Why?
3. What are the terrorists' initial demands when arriving on the flight deck?
4. Peter and Colin are ready to act on an order to go to Delta which hasn't been given. How does Peter get around that problem?
5. Peter's career is ended by his decision to disobey Parker. How does he feel about it?
6. What part of his meeting with Parker is the most difficult for Peter to listen to and how does he respond?
7. After the South African police force is asked to pull back, the terrorists make contact a second time. What do they tell Peter that deeply affects him and why?
8. Peter and Dr. Parker exchange differing viewpoints. What disagreements do Peter and Dr. Parker have concerning the merits of morally justifiable militancy?
9. Magda is devastated when she is mistaken told Peter is dead. How does she behave when she realizes he is not?
10. name the terrorists make reference to is Caliph. What does the name actually stand for and how is the definition significant?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)