|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin provide that frightens Peter?
(a) Colin provides audio of the meeting that confirms they know who Peter is.
(b) Colin provides audio supporting the passenger count.
(c) Colin provides video of the explosive device.
(d) Colin has information on the engineer's condition.
2. Who begs Ingrid not to use the explosives on board when condition Delta is initiated?
3. What is the reason that Ingrid gives for refusing to allow the flight engineer to be removed for medical assistance?
(a) She wants the rest of the staff to be reminded of the possible consequences.
(b) She isn't concerned with his well being.
(c) In her mind, he is already dead.
(d) He already knows too much about them.
4. What does Magda's bodyguard do that angers Peter?
(a) Shoots Peter's attacker and kills him.
(b) Gives away his position.
(c) Hugs Magda.
(d) Yells at him.
5. How much money is part of their demands?
(a) One million pounds.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) One million in bullion.
(d) One million Krugerrands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children under the age of sixteen are on the plane?
2. How does Parker want to proceed?
3. What does Ingrid do to show those in power that they are serious?
4. Who does Melissa Jane tell Peter he reminds her of?
5. What alerts him that someone is nearby at the creek?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the terrorists who board Speedbird 070 manage to deflect and draw attention at the same time and why?
2. What is the content of the letter that arrives for Peter at the Dorchester after Melissa-Jane is kidnapped?
3. Magda is devastated when she is mistaken told Peter is dead. How does she behave when she realizes he is not?
4. Like the rest of the terrorists, Ingrid is having problems. What are they and why?
5. What are the terrorists' initial demands when arriving on the flight deck?
6. What makes the Captain think that this is a carefully planned operation?
7. After the South African police force is asked to pull back, the terrorists make contact a second time. What do they tell Peter that deeply affects him and why?
8. Peter and Dr. Parker exchange differing viewpoints. What disagreements do Peter and Dr. Parker have concerning the merits of morally justifiable militancy?
9. Ingrid has several demands which include safe passage, media attention and money. What issue does Ingrid not allow for when making their demands? How does she resolve this?
10. According to the demands Ingrid makes, when are the men to be released and what is significant about the timing?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)