|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the President of the United States select as special negotiator to find a solution to the disputed territories in the Middle East?
(a) Dr. Kingston Parker.
(b) Cynthia Barrow.
(d) Colin Noble.
2. Who does Steven wish Caliph were more like?
3. What else was searched?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His papers.
(c) His body.
(d) His briefcase.
4. Where is Steven told to begin his journey to meet Caliph?
(a) In Jerusalem.
(b) The Orly airport in France.
(c) In St. Petersburg.
(d) In Beijing.
5. What feeling does Steven relish after his phone call is completed?
(b) Thrill of fear.
(c) One of relief.
(d) One of bravery.
6. Why does Caliph use his 'name' so freely?
(a) To get a better reputation.
(b) To announce himself.
(c) To build credibility and fear in his enemies.
(d) All of the above.
7. What does Steven realize when Peter greets him?
(a) That he has aged.
(b) That he's been injured.
(c) Peter could walk into his bank and sign for the entire fortune at any time in his stead.
(d) That life is short.
8. What is Gilly's biggest objection to holding MJ in Laragh?
(a) It is too exposed and conspicuous.
(b) It is too remote.
(c) It has no amenities.
(d) It has no liquor store.
9. Who is made aware of her continued life to ensure Peter does not end up in jail?
(a) Magda's cook.
(b) Hapiti, and Tahiti's Chief of Police.
(c) Her bodyguards.
(d) Magda's lawyer.
10. What was significant about the quote Caliph chose if Steven wanted contact to Peter?
(a) It seemed to be the epitome of his view of himself.
(b) It seemed to be too complicated.
(c) It seemed to be too obvious.
(d) It seemed unrelated.
11. Where is she headed to hide out?
12. What does Peter agree is the tool of Caliph's trade?
13. What is the reward offered by Sir Steven Stride?
(a) Fifty thousand pounds.
(b) Twenty thousand pounds.
(c) Forty thousand pounds.
(d) Five hundred thousand pounds.
14. What does Peter admit to Kingston Parker?
(a) His feelings for Magda.
(b) His hopes for the future.
(c) The details of the kidnapper's demands.
(d) His job aspirations.
15. What balance does Peter insist to Parker must exist?
(a) The balance between security and justice.
(b) The balance between light and dark.
(c) The balance between law and force.
(d) The balance between right and worng.
Short Answer Questions
1. What code name did Magda's controller reveal belongs to the agent they have put close to Caliph?
2. Where does Peter see Magda next?
3. Where does the informant claim Melissa-Jane is being held?
4. What did Aaron recruit her to?
5. How long is MJ in the hospital?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)