|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the flares?
(a) To light up the immediate area for attack.
(b) To draw the terrorists to the nose and to destroy their night vision temporarily.
(c) To frighten the terrorists.
(d) To see inside the plane.
2. What question is answered by the terrorists' choice of destinations?
(a) Motivation is escape and avoidance.
(b) Motivation is political.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Motivation is legal consequences after capture.
3. What is an indication of Peter and Colin's military status?
(a) How they are treated by the rank and file.
(b) Where they are put up.
(c) How long they have to wait.
(d) The Cadillac that picks them up.
4. What is condition Alpha?
(a) Condition indicating all clear.
(b) The first stage of alert for Thor.
(c) Insertion readiness for Thor.
(d) Training stage for beginners.
5. What is the name of the gas to be used by the assault group?
(a) Factor X
(b) Factor V
6. Who does Peter meet there?
(a) The President.
(b) His priest.
(c) Baroness Magda Altmann.
(d) His daughter.
7. What does it appear motivates Caliph?
(a) Controlling Altmann.
(b) Controlling the world.
(c) Amassing more wealth.
(d) Becoming more powerful.
8. What is mailed to Peter at Magda's when he returns?
(a) The scarf MJ was wearing.
(b) The hat MJ was wearing.
(c) A human toe.
(d) A human finger with the same polish as Melissa-Jane's on it.
9. Who begs Ingrid not to use the explosives on board when condition Delta is initiated?
10. What did Ingrid have collected from the passengers?
(a) All wallets.
(b) All passports.
(c) All luggage.
(d) All cellphones.
11. What is her threat if their demands are not met?
(a) Flight staff will be assassinated.
(b) Payment will go up.
(c) Hostages will be tortured.
(d) Executions will begin.
12. When would Colin run Delta if given a go-ahead?
(a) Right at the deadline.
(b) Just before the deadline.
(c) Right away.
(d) As soon as it was dark.
13. What gift does Magda buy Peter?
(a) A first edition Cornwallis Harris book.
(b) A new car.
(c) A watch.
(d) A boat.
14. How does Parker surprise Peter?
(a) By revealing a secret agents identity.
(b) By revealing he is still on the Atlas payroll.
(c) By telling him he likes him.
(d) By admitting he was wrong.
15. What request does Peter make that Ingrid denies?
(a) Delivery of blankets.
(b) Removal of bodies by ambulance.
(c) Delivery of substitute hostages.
(d) Delivery of food and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most pressing issue in the flight engineer's condition?
2. How many men are in the assault group?
3. How does Parker respond to Peter's successful Delta insertion?
4. What do Peter and Altmann discuss after a day on the slopes?
5. What does Ingrid do to show those in power that they are serious?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)