|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Christine take Cheryl to the ranger station in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
(a) Tacoma, Washington.
(b) Lone Pine, California.
(c) Ashland, Oregon.
(d) Quincy, California.
2. How many nights in the past month did Cheryl tell Jimmy she had slept with a roof over her head in Chapter 11: “The Lou Out of Lou”?
3. Mount Mazama is said to have reached an elevations of about what, according to the author in Chapter 16: “Mazama”?
(a) 14,500 feet.
(b) 11,000 feet.
(c) 12,000 feet.
(d) 10,000 feet.
4. Crater Lake's depth is more than how many feet?
5. How many feet below was the water of Crater Lake from Cheryl when she first viewed it from the rim in Chapter 16: “Mazama”?
(a) 900 feet below.
(b) 200 feet below.
(c) 500 feet below.
(d) 100 feet below.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cheryl describe in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT” as "hilarious and a little bit strange, with a dark edge of mystery"?
2. How far is Chaska from Minneapolis, according to the author in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
3. When did Warren Rogers die?
4. How many miles from Crater Lake did Cheryl have to go to get to Shelter Cove Resort in Chapter 17: “Into a Primal Gear”?
5. Where did Cheryl split up with Stacy and Trina in the beginning of Chapter 11: “The Lou Out of Lou”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discovery does Cheryl make in Cassel in Chapter 12: “This Far”? What action does Cheryl take in light of the discovery?
2. What realization does Cheryl reach regarding her father in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
3. What angry thoughts does Chery reveal regarding her mother in Chapter 16: “Mazama”?
4. What dream keeps recurring for Cheryl in Chapter 14: “Wild”? What does she make of the dream?
5. How is the weather described in the beginning of Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”? How is Cheryl's mindset as she approaches the end of her journey?
6. What happens during Cheryl's day on the beach in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
7. What does Cheryl consider about her trail nickname in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
8. Who gives Cheryl the nickname "Queen of the PCT"? Why?
9. What does Cheryl do after she has hitchhiked to Old Station in Chapter 11: “The Lou Out of Lou”?
10. What is Cheryl's mindset like as she continues along her journey in Chapter 13: “The Accumulation of Trees”?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)