|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the ranger at Olallie Lake say had told him about Cheryl in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”?
(a) Rex and Stacy.
(b) Sam and Helen.
(c) Tracy and Andrew.
(d) Doug and Tom.
2. What was the name of the ranger that kept hitting on Cheryl in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”?
3. What was the trail name that Rick, Josh, and Richie had in the narrative?
(a) The Three Amigos.
(b) The Astronauts.
(c) The Three Young Bucks.
(d) The Ivy League Team.
4. Who was Stacy's friend that Cheryl met at the hostel in Ashland in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
5. When did Clinton Churchill Clarke die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the truckload of hippies drive from to look for the Rainbow Gathering in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
2. How did Lou's son die?
3. What campground did the girls drop Cheryl off at by the PCT in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
4. What beverage did Cheryl describe obsessing about during her hike in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
5. How much money did Cheryl have waiting for her in her resupply pack in Ashland in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Cheryl's day on the beach in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
2. What realization does Cheryl reach regarding her father in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
3. Where does Cheryl travel on the PCT in Chapter 13: “The Accumulation of Trees”? What destination does she reach?
4. Where does Cheryl pick up her resupply box in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”? Who does she encounter in this town?
5. What does Cheryl encounter when she arrives at Olallie Lake in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”?
6. What happens when Cheryl attempts to camp before setting out on the PCT in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
7. What does Cheryl do after she has hitchhiked to Old Station in Chapter 11: “The Lou Out of Lou”?
8. How does Cheryl respond to the situation when she discovers the water tank empty after crossing Hat Creek Rim in Chapter 12: "This Far"?
9. What historical and geological information about Crater Lake is related in Chapter 16: “Mazama”?
10. How is the weather described in the beginning of Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”? How is Cheryl's mindset as she approaches the end of her journey?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)