|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the elevation of Mount Shasta?
(a) 15,656 feet.
(b) 13,160 feet.
(c) 14,865 feet.
(d) 14,179 feet.
2. How old would Cheryl's mother have been on her birthday in Chapter 16: “Mazama”?
3. Who did the ranger at Olallie Lake say had told him about Cheryl in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”?
(a) Doug and Tom.
(b) Rex and Stacy.
(c) Sam and Helen.
(d) Tracy and Andrew.
4. Where did Clinton Churchill Clarke live?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Bellingham, Washington.
(d) Pasadena, California.
5. What did Cheryl drink too much of with her friends, causing her to get sick at the campground, in Chapter 13: “The Accumulation of Trees”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Cheryl encounter on the trail that was heading back to Seiad Valley to take a bus to Ashland in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
2. Where was Cheryl's final resupply box sent?
3. How many nights in the past month did Cheryl tell Jimmy she had slept with a roof over her head in Chapter 11: “The Lou Out of Lou”?
4. What was the nearest "reliable" source of water to Hat Creek Rim in Chapter 12: “This Far”?
5. How did Lou's son die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cheryl's mindset in the beginning of Chapter 17: “Into a Primal Gear.” How has Cheryl changed mentally and physically at this point in the journey?
2. How is the weather described in the beginning of Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”? How is Cheryl's mindset as she approaches the end of her journey?
3. Who is the reporter that Cheryl encounters in Chapter 11: “The Lou Out of Lou”? What happens during their exchange?
4. What happens when Cheryl attempts to camp before setting out on the PCT in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
5. What happens during Cheryl's day on the beach in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
6. What does Cheryl learn during her overnight stay at camp in Chapter 13: “The Accumulation of Trees”?
7. Where does Cheryl pick up her resupply box in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”? Who does she encounter in this town?
8. How does Cheryl respond to the situation when she discovers the water tank empty after crossing Hat Creek Rim in Chapter 12: "This Far"?
9. What observations does Cheryl make of her body in the beginning of Chapter 12: “This Far”?
10. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 11: “The Lou Out of Lou”? Who is Lou?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)