|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Cheryl's sister?
2. How many days was Cheryl on the PCT before she reached Golden Oak Springs in Chapter 5: “Tracks”?
3. What shape are the small metal PCT markers that appear periodically along the trail?
4. What state was Cheryl in as she stood atop the mountain in the Prologue?
5. What is the name of Cheryl's ex-husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cheryl's friend that she left her supply boxes with in Portland?
2. What did Troy work delivering around southern California when he picked Cheryl up to give her a ride in Chapter 6: “A Bull in Both Directions”?
3. What animal did Cheryl have a moving encounter with in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
4. The California coast parallels the PCT more or less about how many miles away, according to the author in Chapter 6: “A Bull in Both Directions”?
5. How old was Ed when Cheryl met him in Chapter 7: “The Only Girl in the Woods”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What internal and external conflicts are presented for Cheryl in Chapter 8: “Corvidology”?
2. What memories of Cheryl's marriage are shared with the reader in Chapter 2: “Splitting”?
3. How long does it take Cheryl to reach Golden Oak Springs? How much time does she spend there in Chapter 5: “Tracks”?
4. Where does Cheryl's hike of the PCT begin? What thoughts does Cheryl have upon arriving at her starting point in Chapter 2: “Splitting”?
5. What are the "last-minute" items that Cheryl remembers to bring as she sets out in Chapter 3: “Hunching in a Remotely Upright Position”?
6. What book inspired Cheryl's journey? Where did Cheryl first encounter this book?
7. What items does Cheryl describe that she has brought for her journey in Chapter 3: “Hunching in a Remotely Upright Position”?
8. How does Cheryl's encounter with Greg influence her mindset on the trail in Chapter 6: “A Bull in Both Directions”?
9. Who does Cheryl encounter when she arrives at Kennedy Meadows in Chapter 7: “The Only Girl in the Woods”?
10. Where did Cheryl go before she left Minnesota for her hike? What did she do here, according to the narrative in Chapter 2: “Splitting”?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)