|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the questionable water from the reservoir did Cheryl drink after iodizing it before she fell asleep in Chapter 12: “This Far”?
(a) 48 ounces.
(b) 128 ounces.
(c) 16 ounces.
(d) 32 ounces.
2. What new book did Cheryl begin reading in Chapter 16: “Mazama”?
(a) The Pacific Crest Trail: Part I: California.
(b) The Ten Thousand Things.
(c) The Best American Essays 1991.
(d) The Dream of a Common Language.
3. What is the elevation of Mount Shasta?
(a) 15,656 feet.
(b) 13,160 feet.
(c) 14,865 feet.
(d) 14,179 feet.
4. What do Francisco's friends call him as a nickname in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
5. How many miles from Crater Lake did Cheryl have to go to get to Shelter Cove Resort in Chapter 17: “Into a Primal Gear”?
6. When did Clinton Churchill Clarke die?
7. How high is the elevation of Broken Top Mountain, the South Sister of the Three Sisters?
(a) 9,234 feet.
(b) 14,223 feet.
(c) 10,358 feet.
(d) 8,645 feet.
8. How far is Chaska from Minneapolis, according to the author in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
(a) About two hours' drive.
(b) About three hours' drive.
(c) About four hours' drive.
(d) About an hour's drive.
9. Where did the truckload of hippies drive from to look for the Rainbow Gathering in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
(a) Ashland, Oregon.
(b) Bellingham, Washington.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) Portland, Oregon.
10. Cheryl described the sight of what mountain as filling her with relief as she set out in Chapter 12: “This Far”?
(a) Mt. Everest.
(b) Mt. Gregory.
(c) Mt. Shasta.
(d) Mt. McKinley.
11. How old was Lou's son when he died?
12. Where did Christine take Cheryl to the ranger station in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
(a) Ashland, Oregon.
(b) Tacoma, Washington.
(c) Quincy, California.
(d) Lone Pine, California.
13. where did Cheryl go with Lisa and the others during her visit in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”?
(a) Stover Camp.
(b) Ashland, Oregon.
(c) Horseshoe Casino.
(d) Bagby Hot Springs.
14. Where was Catherine Montgomery from?
(a) Bellingham, Washington.
(b) Phoenix, Arizona.
(c) Lincoln, Nebraska.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
15. Who was Stacy's friend that Cheryl met at the hostel in Ashland in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Susanna insist on doing for Cheryl in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
2. What creature reappears in Cheryl's dreams in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
3. Where did Christine tell Cheryl she and her husband live in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
4. When did Warren Rogers die?
5. Who did Cheryl encounter on the trail that was heading back to Seiad Valley to take a bus to Ashland in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)