|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had joked that Cheryl's nickname should be "the Hapless Hiker" in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
2. About how many years ago did Mount Mazama erupt?
3. Who did Cheryl encounter on the trail that was heading back to Seiad Valley to take a bus to Ashland in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
4. Where was the Rainbow Gathering supposed to be, according to Rex in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
(a) Toad Lake.
(b) Lassen Lake.
(c) Kangaroo Lake.
(d) Medicine Lake.
5. Who is the author of Waiting for the Barbarians?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Cynthia Shepherd.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) J. M. Coetzee.
6. How much money did Cheryl find in her resupply box at Olallie Lake Resort in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”?
7. What band did Jonathan say he knew personally in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
(a) The Attractions.
(b) They Might Be Giants.
(d) The Cure.
8. How far is Chaska from Minneapolis, according to the author in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
(a) About three hours' drive.
(b) About an hour's drive.
(c) About two hours' drive.
(d) About four hours' drive.
9. At what time did Cheryl finally reach the water tank at Hat Creek Rim in Chapter 12: “This Far”?
(a) 6:00 p.m.
(b) 12:00 p.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 4:30 p.m.
10. What animal came crashing through the bushes and onto the trail by Cheryl in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bull.
(c) A bear.
(d) A moose.
11. Where did Christine take Cheryl to the ranger station in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
(a) Tacoma, Washington.
(b) Lone Pine, California.
(c) Quincy, California.
(d) Ashland, Oregon.
12. Who was the person Cheryl had met along the trail that sent her a letter to Olallie Lake Resort in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”?
13. How old was Lou's son when he died?
14. Who does Cheryl describe in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT” as "funny and incisive, kind and a great conversationalist"?
15. Where were Cheryl's new boots supposed to be waiting for her in Chapter 13: “The Accumulation of Trees”?
(a) Horseshoe Meadows.
(b) Packer Lake Lodge.
(c) Kennedy Meadows.
(d) Castle Crags.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Cheryl stop to have a burger two days after leaving Rick and the others in Chapter 17: “Into a Primal Gear”?
2. Where was Catherine Montgomery from?
3. How old would Cheryl's mother have been on her birthday in Chapter 16: “Mazama”?
4. What is the name of the llama that Vera and Kyle had with them in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
5. Who was Cheryl's mother's favorite author?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)