|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cheryl describe in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT” as "hilarious and a little bit strange, with a dark edge of mystery"?
2. Where were Cheryl's new boots supposed to be waiting for her in Chapter 13: “The Accumulation of Trees”?
(a) Castle Crags.
(b) Horseshoe Meadows.
(c) Packer Lake Lodge.
(d) Kennedy Meadows.
3. Who was the person Cheryl had met along the trail that sent her a letter to Olallie Lake Resort in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”?
4. What did Cheryl drink too much of with her friends, causing her to get sick at the campground, in Chapter 13: “The Accumulation of Trees”?
5. How many miles are between Castle Crags and Seiad Valley?
6. What book did Cheryl receive in her box and begin reading in Chapter 17: “Into a Primal Gear”?
(a) The Dream of a Common Language.
(b) The Pacific Crest Trail, Volume I: California.
(c) The Ten Thousand Things.
(d) The Best American Essays 1991.
7. Where was Cheryl's final resupply box sent?
(a) Crater Lake.
(b) Olallie Lake.
(c) Ashland, Oregon.
(d) Castle Crags.
8. What was the name of the ranger that kept hitting on Cheryl in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”?
9. What is the name of Stacy and Trina's dog in the narrative?
(c) Stevie Ray.
10. What animal came crashing through the bushes and onto the trail by Cheryl in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
(a) A bear.
(b) A bull.
(c) A moose.
(d) A horse.
11. Where did Cheryl split up with Stacy and Trina in the beginning of Chapter 11: “The Lou Out of Lou”?
(a) Whitehorse Campground.
(b) Kennedy Meadows.
(c) Stover Camp.
(d) Castle Crags.
12. About how many years ago did Mount Mazama erupt?
13. Where did Clinton Churchill Clarke live?
(a) Bellingham, Washington.
(b) Phoenix, Arizona.
(c) Pasadena, California.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
14. Who did Cheryl encounter on the trail that was heading back to Seiad Valley to take a bus to Ashland in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
15. By what name is the Oregon PCT often referred to by hikers?
(a) The green tunnel.
(b) The long rise.
(c) The deep descent.
(d) The snowstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new book did Cheryl begin reading in Chapter 16: “Mazama”?
2. Who is the author of Waiting for the Barbarians?
3. When did Catherine Montgomery suggest the idea of the PCT to Joseph T. Hazard?
4. What was the nearest "reliable" source of water to Hat Creek Rim in Chapter 12: “This Far”?
5. What is the name of Christine's husband in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)