|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Catherine Montgomery suggest the idea of the PCT to Joseph T. Hazard?
2. Who had joked that Cheryl's nickname should be "the Hapless Hiker" in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
3. How did Lou's son die?
(a) He died from cancer.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was hit by a truck.
(d) He had an aneurysm.
4. What band did Jonathan say he knew personally in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
(a) The Attractions.
(b) They Might Be Giants.
(d) The Cure.
5. How much money did Cheryl have waiting for her in her resupply pack in Ashland in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
6. What do Francisco's friends call him as a nickname in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
7. When did Clinton Churchill Clarke die?
8. At what time did Cheryl leave Castle Crags in Chapter 14: “Wild”?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 11:00 a.m.
(c) 2:00 p.m.
(d) 4:00 p.m.
9. Who was Stacy's friend that Cheryl met at the hostel in Ashland in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
10. What new book did Cheryl begin reading in Chapter 16: “Mazama”?
(a) The Dream of a Common Language.
(b) The Ten Thousand Things.
(c) The Best American Essays 1991.
(d) The Pacific Crest Trail: Part I: California.
11. How much water did Cheryl take with her to make it to Hat Creek Rim as she set out on the trail in Chapter 12: “This Far”?
(a) 32 ounces.
(b) 64 ounces.
(c) 5 gallons.
(d) 3 gallons.
12. What was the name of Cheryl's mother's horse?
(b) Black Beauty.
13. When did Warren Rogers die?
14. Where was Catherine Montgomery from?
(a) Bellingham, Washington.
(b) Lincoln, Nebraska.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
15. Who is the author of Waiting for the Barbarians?
(a) J. M. Coetzee.
(b) Cynthia Shepherd.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) James Joyce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cheryl describe in Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT” as "hilarious and a little bit strange, with a dark edge of mystery"?
2. Where did Cheryl stop to have a burger two days after leaving Rick and the others in Chapter 17: “Into a Primal Gear”?
3. What is the elevation of Mount Shasta?
4. About how many years ago did Mount Mazama erupt?
5. How high is the elevation of Broken Top Mountain, the South Sister of the Three Sisters?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)