|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the book that Cheryl brought on her hike to tell her how to use her compass?
(a) North and South.
(b) Finding Your Way.
(c) Staying Found.
(d) Getting Lost.
2. What important item had Cheryl just lost over the edge of the mountain in the memoir's Prologue?
(a) Her boot.
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her backpack.
(d) Her hiking pole.
3. What is the name of Cheryl's ex-husband?
4. With what friend did Cheryl drive to Sioux Falls to pick up her truck in the flashback in Chapter 4: “The Pacific Crest Trail, Volume I: California”?
5. What state was Cheryl in as she stood atop the mountain in the Prologue?
6. What establishment did Cheryl spend the night at in Mojave in Chapter 2: “Splitting”?
(a) Rogers' Motel.
(b) White Pine Inn.
(c) White's Motel.
(d) Grace's Lodge.
7. Where did Ed say he lived most of the year in Chapter 7: “The Only Girl in the Woods”?
(a) Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Portland, Oregon.
(d) San Diego, California.
8. What vehicle did Cheryl encounter on the jeep trail as she was making her way toward Quincy in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
(a) A black SUV.
(b) A red Jeep.
(c) A green SUV.
(d) A blue corvette.
9. What is the name of Cheryl's sister?
10. What is the name of Cheryl's step-father?
11. How old was Cheryl when she first met Joe?
12. Where were the father and son going to attend a graduation ceremony when they agreed to give Cheryl a ride from Mojave to the PCT?
(a) San Luis Obispo.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
13. What year was it when Cheryl Strayed hiked the PCT?
14. What month was it when Cheryl left Minnesota to drive to Portland in Chapter 2: "Splitting"?
15. How old was Cheryl's mother when she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant that Cheryl describes in Kennedy Meadows in Chapter 7: “The Only Girl in the Woods”?
2. What is the name of the low green bush that Cheryl pointed out as she and Greg began on the PCT in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
3. How old was Ed when Cheryl met him in Chapter 7: “The Only Girl in the Woods”?
4. What is the total distance of the Pacific Crest Trail?
5. What did the skiers respond when Cheryl shouted to them from the PCT in Chapter 9: “Staying Found,” "WHERE ARE WE?"
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)