|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the outdoor store in Minneapolis where Cheryl had purchased much of her hiking supplies in the months before her trip?
(b) Bass Pro Shop.
(d) Sierra Trading Post.
2. What is the name of Cheryl's brother?
3. On what date was the Pacific Crest Trail officially designated by an act of Congress?
(a) September 12, 1965.
(b) October 2, 1968.
(c) March 2, 1990.
(d) July 6, 1996.
4. About how many miles per day was Cheryl able to cover in the first part of her trip in Chapter 5: “Tracks”?
5. What is the name of Cheryl's sister?
6. How did Cheryl overcome the situation when the bull charged her in Chapter 5: “Tracks”?
(a) She shot it.
(b) She sprayed it with bear spray.
(c) She climbed a tree.
(d) She blew a whistle.
7. What animal did Cheryl have a moving encounter with in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A fox.
8. What is the title of the book that Cheryl brought on her hike to tell her how to use her compass?
(a) Staying Found.
(b) North and South.
(c) Finding Your Way.
(d) Getting Lost.
9. What had Cheryl done with the book Staying Found after reading it?
(a) She gave it to Greg.
(b) She burned it.
(c) She mailed it home.
(d) She gave it to Tom.
10. Why did Bud tell Cheryl he gave her the only room at the motel in Chapter 6: “A Bull in Both Directions”?
(a) He liked her hair.
(b) He admired her hike.
(c) He liked her bracelet.
(d) She reminded him of his daughter.
11. What is the name of Frank's wife in the narrative?
12. Who is the author of As I Lay Dying, which Cheryl brought on her hike?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) William Faulkner.
13. What did Troy work delivering around southern California when he picked Cheryl up to give her a ride in Chapter 6: “A Bull in Both Directions”?
14. What school was Cheryl's ex-husband accepted to for graduate studies in New York?
(a) The New School.
(b) Pratt Institute.
(c) New York University.
(d) Columbia University.
15. The father and son that gave Cheryl a ride from Mojave to the PCT were from a suburb of what city?
(b) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before Cheryl set out to hike the PCT was her divorce settled?
2. What was author Cheryl Strayed's birth name?
3. For approximately how many months was Cheryl planning on hiking the PCT as she set out in Chapter 3: “Hunching in a Remotely Upright Position”?
4. What nickname did Frank give to Cheryl as they sat in his truck in Chapter 5: “Tracks”?
5. How many days was Cheryl on the PCT before she reached Golden Oak Springs in Chapter 5: “Tracks”?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)