|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant that Cheryl describes in Kennedy Meadows in Chapter 7: “The Only Girl in the Woods”?
(a) Riceland Burgers.
(b) The White Horse.
(c) Montague Inn.
(d) Grumpy's Restaurant.
2. What were Frank, Walter, and Carlos doing when Cheryl encountered them in Chapter 5: “Tracks”?
(c) Building a road.
3. What is the name of the low green bush that Cheryl pointed out as she and Greg began on the PCT in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
(a) Mountain Lily.
(c) Indian Paintbrush.
(d) Mountain Misery.
4. What is the elevation of Kennedy Meadows?
(a) 3,455 feet.
(b) 5,900 feet.
(c) 6,200 feet.
(d) 9,322 feet.
5. How much money did Cheryl have with her as she re-started on the PCT from Sierra City in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
(a) 60 cents.
(b) 34 cents.
(c) 13 dollars.
(d) 3 dollars.
6. How old was Cheryl when she first met Joe?
7. What animal did Cheryl have a moving encounter with in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
(a) A fox.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A bear.
8. The California coast parallels the PCT more or less about how many miles away, according to the author in Chapter 6: “A Bull in Both Directions”?
9. What is the name of the outdoor store in Minneapolis where Cheryl had purchased much of her hiking supplies in the months before her trip?
(a) Sierra Trading Post.
(d) Bass Pro Shop.
10. What town did Frank tell Cheryl to hitch a ride to when he dropped her off at the convenience store in Chapter 6: “A Bull in Both Directions”?
11. How long before Cheryl set out to hike the PCT was her divorce settled?
(a) Two years before.
(b) Six weeks before.
(c) One year before.
(d) One month before.
12. What is the elevation of the town of Mojave, California?
(a) 2,762 feet.
(b) 3,211 feet.
(c) 532 feet.
(d) 1,345 feet.
13. What was author Cheryl Strayed's birth name?
(a) Cheryl Thompson.
(b) Cheryl Nyland.
(c) Cheryl Smith.
(d) Cheryl Ross.
14. What river flows through Kennedy Meadows?
(a) The Merced River.
(b) The Klamath River.
(c) The Sacramento River.
(d) The South Fork Kern River.
15. What important item had Cheryl just lost over the edge of the mountain in the memoir's Prologue?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her backpack.
(c) Her hiking pole.
(d) Her boot.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman in Reno told Cheryl that "corvidology" is the study of what?
2. What mountain range does the Sierra Nevada connect with at Lassen National Park?
3. Where did Cheryl and Doug find a campground two miles down from Trail Pass Trail in Chapter 8: “Corvidology”?
4. What establishment did Cheryl spend the night at in Mojave in Chapter 2: “Splitting”?
5. Who is attributed to the following quote that opens Part Three? "We are now in the mountains and they are in us..."
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)