|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Part Three of the memoir?
(a) Range of Light.
(c) The Ten Thousand Things.
(d) Box of Rain.
2. What is the name of the low green bush that Cheryl pointed out as she and Greg began on the PCT in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
(a) Mountain Lily.
(b) Indian Paintbrush.
(c) Mountain Misery.
3. Where was Cheryl's first supply stop on the PCT?
(a) Iron Gate Reservoir.
(b) Kennedy Meadows.
(c) Mount Shasta.
(d) Castle Crags.
4. When was Cheryl Strayed born?
(a) August 14, 1967.
(b) September 17, 1968.
(c) March 12, 1969.
(d) July 7, 1973.
5. What is the elevation of Sierra City?
(a) 15,656 feet.
(b) 13,160 feet.
(c) 4,200 feet.
(d) 2,544 feet.
6. What town did Frank tell Cheryl to hitch a ride to when he dropped her off at the convenience store in Chapter 6: “A Bull in Both Directions”?
7. What is the name of Cheryl's sister?
8. About how many miles per day was Cheryl able to cover in the first part of her trip in Chapter 5: “Tracks”?
9. Who is the author of As I Lay Dying, which Cheryl brought on her hike?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) William Faulkner.
(d) James Joyce.
10. Who was the founder of the Sierra Club?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt.
(b) John Muir.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Philip Smith.
11. What nickname did Cheryl give to her hiking backpack?
12. What mountain range does the Sierra Nevada connect with at Lassen National Park?
(a) The Garfield Range.
(b) The Cascade Range.
(c) The Douglas Range.
(d) The Crease Range.
13. What is the elevation of Forester Pass on the PCT?
(a) 15,656 feet.
(b) 14,265 feet.
(c) 9,345 feet.
(d) 13,160 feet.
14. What did Troy work delivering around southern California when he picked Cheryl up to give her a ride in Chapter 6: “A Bull in Both Directions”?
15. What establishment did Cheryl spend the night at in Mojave in Chapter 2: “Splitting”?
(a) Grace's Lodge.
(b) White's Motel.
(c) Rogers' Motel.
(d) White Pine Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Carlos when Cheryl met him in Chapter 5: “Tracks”?
2. How old was Ed when Cheryl met him in Chapter 7: “The Only Girl in the Woods”?
3. What river flows through Kennedy Meadows?
4. Where had Cheryl originally intended to end her hike of the PCT?
5. What item did Cheryl take from the "PCT Hiker Free Box" in Kennedy Meadows in Chapter 7: “The Only Girl in the Woods”?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)