|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal did Cheryl have a moving encounter with in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A fox.
(d) A raccoon.
2. Who is the author of Waiting for the Barbarians?
(a) Cynthia Shepherd.
(b) J. M. Coetzee.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
3. The woman in Reno told Cheryl that "corvidology" is the study of what?
(b) Crows and ravens.
(d) Rocks and minerals.
4. For whom did Cheryl call out when the animal she encountered in the woods fled away in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
5. What state was Cheryl in as she stood atop the mountain in the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the founder of the Sierra Club?
2. How old was Ed when Cheryl met him in Chapter 7: “The Only Girl in the Woods”?
3. What animal's tracks did Cheryl spot after leaving Golden Oak Springs in Chapter 5: “Tracks”?
4. What month was it when Cheryl left Minnesota to drive to Portland in Chapter 2: "Splitting"?
5. Who were the men riding with Lou that picked Cheryl up in Chapter 11: “The Lou Out of Lou”?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)