|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18: “Queen of the PCT”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What publication did Jimmy Carter tell Cheryl he wrote for in Chapter 11: “The Lou Out of Lou”?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Hobo Times.
(c) The Stratford Review.
(d) The Times-Picayune.
2. What campground did the girls drop Cheryl off at by the PCT in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
(a) Medicine Lake Campground.
(b) Kangaroo Lake Campground.
(c) Black Butte Campground.
(d) Whitehorse Campground.
3. What is the title of the poem that Cheryl read to herself over and over on her first night camping on the trail in Chapter 4: “The Pacific Crest Trail, Volume I: California”?
(c) Love and Laughter.
(d) The Road to Peace.
4. What mountains does Chery describe to the west of Mojave in Chapter 2: "Splitting"?
(a) The Tehachapi Mountains.
(b) The Elk River Mountains.
(c) The Belcher Mountains.
(d) The Cameron Mountains.
5. What is depicted on Cheryl's only tattoo?
(a) A pink rose.
(b) A red heart.
(c) A green turtle.
(d) A blue horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Cheryl's new boots supposed to be waiting for her in Chapter 13: “The Accumulation of Trees”?
2. When did Warren Rogers die?
3. What band did Jonathan say he knew personally in Chapter 15: “Box of Rain”?
4. Where did Christine tell Cheryl she and her husband live in Chapter 10: “Range of Light”?
5. What important item had Cheryl just lost over the edge of the mountain in the memoir's Prologue?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)