|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: “Staying Found”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the poem that Cheryl read to herself over and over on her first night camping on the trail in Chapter 4: “The Pacific Crest Trail, Volume I: California”?
(a) Love and Laughter.
(d) The Road to Peace.
2. The California coast parallels the PCT more or less about how many miles away, according to the author in Chapter 6: “A Bull in Both Directions”?
3. What year was it when Cheryl Strayed hiked the PCT?
4. What state was Cheryl in as she stood atop the mountain in the Prologue?
5. What book did Cheryl receive in her supply box in Kennedy Meadows?
(a) The Complete Stories of Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) The Poetry of Emily Dickinson.
(c) The Complete Stories of Flannery O'Connor.
(d) The Complete Plays of William Shakespeare.
Short Answer Questions
1. For approximately how many months was Cheryl planning on hiking the PCT as she set out in Chapter 3: “Hunching in a Remotely Upright Position”?
2. What is the total distance of the Pacific Crest Trail?
3. What animal did Cheryl have a moving encounter with in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
4. How old was Cheryl's mother when she died?
5. Who is the author of The Dream of a Common Language?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)