|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: “Hunching in a Remotely Upright Position”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Cheryl's step-father?
2. What states does the Pacific Crest Trail pass through?
(a) Louisiana, Arkansas, and Missouri.
(b) California, Nevada, and Oregon.
(c) Colorado, Wyoming, and Idaho.
(d) California, Oregon, and Washington.
3. Cheryl Strayed writes in Chapter 3: “Hunching in a Remotely Upright Position,” "Every now and then I could see myself--truly see myself--and a sentence would come to me, thundering like a god into my head, and as I saw myself then in front of that tarnished mirror what came to me was" what?
(a) The fallen angel.
(b) The woman who was left behind.
(c) The woman with the hole in her heart.
(d) The woman who left her husband.
4. What month was it when Cheryl left Minnesota to drive to Portland in Chapter 2: "Splitting"?
5. What is the name of the outdoor store in Minneapolis where Cheryl had purchased much of her hiking supplies in the months before her trip?
(a) Bass Pro Shop.
(c) Sierra Trading Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had Cheryl been backpacking previously when she set out to journey the PCT?
2. Where had Cheryl originally intended to end her hike of the PCT?
3. What state was Cheryl in as she stood atop the mountain in the Prologue?
4. For approximately how many months was Cheryl planning on hiking the PCT as she set out in Chapter 3: “Hunching in a Remotely Upright Position”?
5. What mountains does Chery describe to the west of Mojave in Chapter 2: "Splitting"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)