|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11: “The Lou Out of Lou”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal did Cheryl have a moving encounter with in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
(a) A fox.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A bear.
(d) A raccoon.
2. Where did the couple offer to give Cheryl a ride to in Chapter 9: “Staying Found”?
(a) Kennedy Meadows.
(b) Horseshoe Meadows.
(c) Castle Crags.
(d) Packer Lake Lodge.
3. How much does water weigh per gallon?
(a) 8.3 pounds.
(b) 5.5 pounds.
(c) 1.6 pounds.
(d) 2.3 pounds.
4. What item did Cheryl take from the "PCT Hiker Free Box" in Kennedy Meadows in Chapter 7: “The Only Girl in the Woods”?
(a) A can of bear spray.
(b) A ski pole.
(c) A fishing pole.
(d) An ice axe.
5. Where did Ed say he lived most of the year in Chapter 7: “The Only Girl in the Woods”?
(a) San Diego, California.
(b) Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(d) Portland, Oregon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Frank give to Cheryl as they sat in his truck in Chapter 5: “Tracks”?
2. What is the title of the book that Cheryl brought on her hike to tell her how to use her compass?
3. Who is the author of The Dream of a Common Language?
4. What is the elevation of Kennedy Meadows?
5. How did Cheryl overcome the situation when the bull charged her in Chapter 5: “Tracks”?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)