Prologue and Chapter 1: “The Ten Thousand Things”
1. What was author Cheryl Strayed's birth name?
(a) Cheryl Ross.
(b) Cheryl Thompson.
(c) Cheryl Smith.
(d) Cheryl Nyland.
2. What state was Cheryl in as she stood atop the mountain in the Prologue?
3. What important item had Cheryl just lost over the edge of the mountain in the memoir's Prologue?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her boot.
(c) Her hiking pole.
(d) Her backpack.
4. What is the total distance of the Pacific Crest Trail?
(a) 680 miles.
(b) 2,663 miles.
(c) 3,240 miles.
(d) 1,100 miles.
5. What states does the Pacific Crest Trail pass through?
(a) California, Nevada, and Oregon.
(b) Colorado, Wyoming, and Idaho.
(c) Louisiana, Arkansas, and Missouri.
(d) California, Oregon, and Washington.
6. What led to the death of Cheryl's mother?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Breast cancer.
7. How old was Cheryl's mother when she died?
8. What is the name of Cheryl's step-father?
9. What is the name of Cheryl's sister?
10. What is the name of Cheryl's brother?
This section contains 3,999 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)