|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clara find by the bed that shocks her after seeing what Carwin left her?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A fort.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A purse.
2. Who informs Clara that Wieland was not sentenced to death?
3. What does Clara retrieve from her house when she encounters Carwin?
(a) Her notes.
(b) Her pencils.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her diary.
4. With whom does Clara get reunited finally in Europe?
5. What is Clara hysterical with when she learns about the murders from Hallett?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara confess that she is weak in, thus preventing her from using her penknife?
2. What does Clara find difficult to finish reading because it is true?
3. Three years after the event of attempted murder, where is Clara?
4. What does Clara receive at at Mrs. Baynton's house?
5. How is Theodore related to Clara?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Carwin described in the newspaper?
2. What happens to Wieland after the confession?
3. How does Clara recover from the trauma of the previous events?
4. How do Clara and Pleyel reunite?
5. What gift does Carwin possess and what does he say about it?
6. Upon reaching her house, what does Clara find that is mysterious and makes her think Carwin has committed some strange deed?
7. What does Clara discover about Pleyele's lover?
8. When Carwin wants to understand why she is cursing him, what does she say?
9. How does Carwin stop Wieland from killing Clara?
10. When Wieland collapses in sorrow, why does he still kill himself?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)