|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Wieland give Clara to prepare for death?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 6 minutes.
(c) 4 minutes.
(d) 3 minutes.
2. What is Wieland's appearance when he appears in front of Carwin and Clara?
(a) He is unkempt and dirty.
(b) He is slow and measured.
(c) He is manly and attractive.
(d) He is strong and powerful.
3. Who enters Clara's room and cries, asking for another victim?
4. What does Clara confess that she is weak in, thus preventing her from using her penknife?
5. What does Pleyel read on his way to see Clara to discuss his conflicting feelings for her?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A letter.
(c) A book.
(d) A magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carwin deny having knowledge of concerning Catherine?
2. What does Clara seize from her clothing while Wieland is disoriented?
3. When Wieland collapses in sorrow, what does Clara wish for him?
4. What does Pleyel do after his suspicions of Clara are confirmed?
5. When Carwin reenters Clara's room and reaffirms his innocence in the murders, what does she do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wieland thank God as he enters the room with Clara and Carwin?
2. How is Carwin described in the newspaper?
3. How does Clara react to Wieland's confession?
4. Why does Wieland not kill Clara?
5. When Wieland collapses in sorrow, why does he still kill himself?
6. When a group enters Clara's room led by Mr. Hallett, what does Clara learn, leading her grieving to Mrs. Baynton's house?
7. When Carwin hears Judith's glowing tribute to Clara, how does he test it out?
8. How do the strong convictions of Wieland show his madness?
9. What happens when Clara finds a note from Carwin?
10. How does Theodore Wieland, Clara's brother, admit his guilt upfront and explain the reason for his murder?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)