|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pleyel reaches Clara's residence, what does he hear that makes him suspect her?
(c) A conversation.
(d) A song.
2. Where does Theodore lure Catherine?
(a) Wieland's house.
(b) Clara's house.
(c) Charles' house.
(d) Brown's house.
3. When Theodore is found guilty of the murders, how does he respond?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Does nothing.
(c) Accepts it.
(d) Fights it.
4. When she sinks on her bed overwhelmed by what has happened, who does Clara curse in her house?
5. What has Carwin been accused of in the story that Pleyel reads about him?
(a) Forgery and theft.
(b) Arson and deceit.
(c) Murder and arson.
(d) Theft and murder.
6. What does Clara hesitate doing as Wieland gets ready to kill Clara?
(c) Answer him.
(d) Attack him.
7. When Wieland collapses in sorrow, what does Clara wish for him?
8. What does Wieland learn that he must take responsibility for instead of killing Clara?
(a) His regrets.
(b) His strength.
(c) His actions.
(d) His fears.
9. What does Clara find by the bed that shocks her after seeing what Carwin left her?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A fort.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A purse.
10. What does Pleyel do after his suspicions of Clara are confirmed?
(a) He fights.
(b) He severs ties.
(c) He lies.
(d) He screams.
11. What does Judith do for Clara?
(a) She is her friend.
(b) She is her servant.
(c) She is her doctor.
(d) She is her nurse.
12. What does Clara do when she learns about the murders from Hallett?
13. What does Clara find as she goes upstairs in the house from Carwin?
(a) A CD.
(b) A book.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A note.
14. Who does Wieland thank for leading him to Clara after he confronts Clara in her house?
15. How is Thomas related to Clara?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carwin go to summon Clara's friends for her protection?
2. What stops Wieland from killing Clara?
3. What does Clara feel desperate about when she agrees to meet Carwin?
4. What does Clara seize from her clothing while Wieland is disoriented?
5. Why does Clara stop at at Mrs. Baynton's house?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)