|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ability does Carwin have to do that makes him unique?
(a) Memorize numbers.
(d) Mimic others.
2. Where does Carwin go to summon Clara's friends for her protection?
3. Where does Mr. Hallett propose taking Clara?
(a) Mr. Midtown's.
(b) Mr. Mallory's.
(c) Mrs. Baynton's.
(d) Mr. Clark's.
4. What does Catherine plead for until her last breath?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her life.
5. What is Clara surprised to see inside the house as she comes to meet Carwin for their eleven o'clock meeting?
(a) A radio.
(b) A light.
(c) A substation.
(d) A TV antenna.
6. What happens when Theodore goes to Clara's house?
(a) He cries.
(b) He falls down.
(c) A burst of light dazzles him.
(d) A vault appears in the sky.
7. When Pleyel reaches Clara's residence, what does he hear that makes him suspect her?
(a) A conversation.
(c) A song.
8. What does Catherine recognize in Theodore?
(a) His fear.
(b) His madness.
(c) His sadness.
(d) His anger.
9. Three years after the event of attempted murder, where is Clara?
(a) In a cellar.
(b) In bed.
(c) In Italy.
(d) In a hospital.
10. How is Theodore related to Clara?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her friend.
(c) He is her brother.
(d) He is her confidant.
11. What does Clara seize from her clothing while Wieland is disoriented?
(a) A book.
(b) An insignia.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A penknife.
12. Where does Clara go to meet Carwin as he requested at eleven o'clock?
(a) Her mother's residence.
(b) Her brother's residence.
(c) Her house.
(d) His house.
13. Whose wife does Maxwell seduce?
(a) Count Morgan.
(b) Baron Marx.
(c) Duke Linden.
(d) Major Stuart.
14. Who does Wieland thank for leading him to Clara after he confronts Clara in her house?
15. What does Clara trust will mend the wound between her and Pleyel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas provide Clara with as proof of the killer's identity?
2. Who has been caught according to Thomas?
3. Who emerges from Clara's house after Pleyel arrives to talk to her about his feelings, confirming Pleyel's suspicions of Clara's guilt?
4. What does Clara do when she learns about the murders from Hallett?
5. When Theodore is found guilty of the murders, how does he respond?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)