|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wieland tell Clara to prepare for after he confronts her?
2. Whose voice does Clara hear in the house as she comes to meet Carwin for their eleven o'clock meeting?
3. Why does Clara stop at at Mrs. Baynton's house?
(a) For a book.
(b) For refreshment.
(c) For money.
(d) For questions.
4. What happens when Theodore goes to Clara's house?
(a) He cries.
(b) He falls down.
(c) A vault appears in the sky.
(d) A burst of light dazzles him.
5. With whom does Clara get reunited finally in Europe?
6. What does Catherine recognize in Theodore?
(a) His madness.
(b) His anger.
(c) His fear.
(d) His sadness.
7. What does Clara hesitate doing as Wieland gets ready to kill Clara?
(a) Answer him.
(c) Attack him.
8. What does Catherine plead for until her last breath?
(a) Her life.
(d) Her brother.
9. What does Carwin beg Clara to meet him at eleven o'clock to do with him?
(a) Have a conference.
(b) Eat together.
(c) Pray together.
(d) Love each other.
10. What does Clara retrieve from her house when she encounters Carwin?
(a) Her pencils.
(b) Her notes.
(c) Her diary.
(d) Her books.
11. What does Clara interpret as Carwin's confession regarding Wieland?
(a) His anger.
(b) His desire.
(c) His fear.
(d) His guilt.
12. Where does Clara go to meet Carwin as he requested at eleven o'clock?
(a) Her mother's residence.
(b) Her house.
(c) His house.
(d) Her brother's residence.
13. What ability does Carwin have to do that makes him unique?
(c) Mimic others.
(d) Memorize numbers.
14. When Wieland demands answers from Carwin after talking to Clara, how does Carwin behave?
(a) He is frozen.
(b) He jumps.
(c) He is talkative.
(d) He runs away.
15. Who enters the room when Wieland gets ready to kill Clara?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clara not feel the need to forgive Carwin?
2. On grounds of madness, where is Wieland placed?
3. What is Wieland's appearance when he appears in front of Carwin and Clara?
4. Whose actions remain unknown in the murders according to Thomas?
5. What does Clara accuse Carwin of doing to Wieland?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)