|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pleyel think Carwin is?
(a) A lover and leader.
(b) A friend and brother.
(c) A doctor and teacher.
(d) A thief and murderer.
2. After accusing Clara, what does Pleyel do?
(a) Run to her.
(d) Storm out.
3. What family does the narrator get close to?
(a) The Docs.
(b) The Pleyels.
(c) The Smiths.
(d) The Leaves.
4. Who does the narrator go to live with along with a sibling?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
5. Who does Pleyel claim to have heard talking with Clara on the grounds?
6. What reasons are given for the supernatural appearances of the story in Wieland?
7. What is the father's temple adapted into for socialization?
(a) A summerhouse.
(b) A playhouse.
(c) A theater.
(d) An inn.
8. On whom does the narrator place a focus in Chapter I?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
9. Who asks forgiveness from Clara for words spoken?
10. Whose weakness of character is revealed through conflicting emotions and an inability to logical over the Carwin-Clara relationship?
11. Whose voice does Wieland hear at the temple?
12. What apparently happened to Baroness Theresa de Stolberg according to a voice that Pleyel and Clara hear while walking with Wieland?
(a) She died.
(b) She won.
(c) She gained five pounds.
(d) She lost.
13. Which relations of the narrator die soon after the event at the temple?
(a) Her brother and sister.
(b) Her father and mother.
(c) Her sister and aunt.
(d) Her brother and uncle.
14. Whose house does Clara go to before meeting Pleyel?
(a) Mr. Marks'.
(b) Mrs. Baynton's.
(c) Mr. Mason's.
(d) Miss. Menon's.
15. In what form is the story of Wieland written?
(a) A string of loose thoughts.
(b) A letter.
(c) A journal.
(d) A poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has left Pleyel because of his jealousy over Clara?
2. When Clara goes into town to confront Pleyel, what does she experience?
3. What is Carwin's plan thwarted by that he tells Clara about?
4. When Clara has a dream that her brother is luring her to death, who rescues her?
5. Where is Clara walking when she hears a voice from the closet warning her to avoid a particular spot in her environment?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)