|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after his marriage does the narrator's brother have four children of his own?
2. What does Pleyel worry that Carwin might do to Clara?
(a) Seduce her.
(b) Control her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Fight her.
3. What does Stuart send detailing his journeys?
4. When Pleyel does not arrive as arranged, what does Clara wonder about?
(a) If he is angry at her.
(b) If he does not love her.
(c) If he is sick.
(d) If he is missing.
5. When Clara is alone in her room, what does she wake up to hear?
(a) A bird.
(b) A love song.
(c) A cry.
(d) A whisper.
6. Why is Pleyel disturbed about not hearing from Europe?
(a) He is anxious for news of his brother.
(b) He feels afraid.
(c) He believes his lover deserted him.
(d) He thinks he is crazy.
7. What do the voices from the closet and during her walks seem to give Clara constantly?
8. What does Pleyel read that makes him suspect Clara?
(a) Her book.
(b) Her letter.
(c) Her journal.
(d) Her magazine.
9. Who does the narrator's brother marry?
10. What does Clara lock, afraid as much for Pleyel's life as for her own after seeing Carwin?
(a) Her safe.
(b) Her door.
(c) Her cellar.
(d) Her bedroom.
11. After accusing Clara, what does Pleyel do?
(a) Run to her.
(d) Storm out.
12. Who does Clara recognize Carwin to be?
(a) The priest.
(b) The lover.
(c) The writer.
(d) The strange man.
13. Which relations of the narrator die soon after the event at the temple?
(a) Her brother and sister.
(b) Her sister and aunt.
(c) Her brother and uncle.
(d) Her father and mother.
14. In what period is Wieland set?
15. To whom does Pleyel give his accusations about Clara?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area is Wieland set?
2. In what form is the story of Wieland written?
3. What does the religious fanatic build for his beliefs?
4. What does Carwin say is common and can be replicated?
5. What apparently happened to Baroness Theresa de Stolberg according to a voice that Pleyel and Clara hear while walking with Wieland?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)