|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator move to on an estate?
(a) A cave.
(b) A small house.
(c) A bed and breakfast.
(d) An inn.
2. Who does the narrator's uncle find naked and burned inside the temple?
(a) The narrator's sister.
(b) The narrator's father.
(c) The narrator's brother.
(d) The narrator's mother.
3. What does Clara feel for Pleyel?
4. What does Clara do when she sees Pleyel to confront him?
5. What did the naked and burned person inside the temple have on their arm?
(a) A heavy blow.
(b) Long hair.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A book chain.
6. To whom does Pleyel give his accusations about Clara?
7. What does the narrator's mother see at the temple when the father goes there?
(a) A stream.
(b) A vampire.
(c) A flash of light.
(d) A ghost.
8. What does Pleyel worry that Carwin might do to Clara?
(a) Control her.
(b) Seduce her.
(c) Fight her.
(d) Leave her.
9. What does the religious fanatic build for his beliefs?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A church.
(c) A temple.
(d) A mosque.
10. What does Clara think Pleyel did that she conveys to Wieland?
(a) Cry from neighbors.
(b) Run away.
(d) Jump to conclusions.
11. What does the narrator's mother think has been fired at the temple?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A book.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A gunshot.
12. In what form is the story of Wieland written?
(a) A journal.
(b) A string of loose thoughts.
(c) A poem.
(d) A letter.
13. When Clara is alone in her room, what does she wake up to hear?
(a) A cry.
(b) A love song.
(c) A bird.
(d) A whisper.
14. Who does the narrator's brother marry?
15. What does Pleyel tease Clara about her feelings after discussing Carwin?
(a) Her jealousy.
(b) Her fear.
(c) Her anger.
(d) Her affection for another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pleyel intend on going?
2. What does Carwin tell Clara that he plans to do?
3. Why does Clara anticipate Pleyel's arrival?
4. What does Carwin say is common and can be replicated?
5. What kind of an opinion does Pleyel have of Clara initially before he suspects her of having a relationship with Carwin?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)