|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVIII & XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine recognize in Theodore?
(a) His fear.
(b) His anger.
(c) His madness.
(d) His sadness.
2. What does Wieland urge Clara to do as he believes her?
(a) Write down her story.
(b) Go see Pleyel.
(c) Call Pleyel.
(d) Go to bed.
3. What is the father's temple adapted into for socialization?
(a) A playhouse.
(b) An inn.
(c) A theater.
(d) A summerhouse.
4. When Pleyel reaches Clara's residence, what does he hear that makes him suspect her?
(c) A conversation.
(d) A song.
5. When Pleyel does not arrive as arranged, what does Clara wonder about?
(a) If he is angry at her.
(b) If he does not love her.
(c) If he is missing.
(d) If he is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pleyel withdraw from the social group that includes Carwin?
2. What family does the narrator get close to?
3. Whose voice does Clara hear in the house as she comes to meet Carwin for their eleven o'clock meeting?
4. What has Carwin been accused of in the story that Pleyel reads about him?
5. Who asks forgiveness from Clara for words spoken?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)