|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVIII & XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hides in the closet of Clara's house?
2. What did the naked and burned person inside the temple have on their arm?
(a) Long hair.
(b) A book chain.
(c) A heavy blow.
(d) A necklace.
3. What does the religious fanatic build for his beliefs?
(a) A temple.
(b) A church.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A mosque.
4. What does the narrator's uncle see as he enters the temple?
(a) A woman.
(b) A dungeon.
(d) A cloud of light.
5. Who has been caught according to Thomas?
(a) The victim.
(b) The fighter.
(c) The burglar.
(d) The killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pleyel disturbed about not hearing from Europe?
2. What does Clara feel desperate about when she agrees to meet Carwin?
3. When Pleyel reaches Clara's residence, what does he hear that makes him suspect her?
4. What had Carwin begged for from Clara a few weeks prior to Pleyel mentioning meeting him?
5. Whose perceived wrongdoings are magnified to Pleyel because of dashing expectations?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)