|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters X & XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the naked and burned person inside the temple have on their arm?
(a) Long hair.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A book chain.
(d) A heavy blow.
2. What does Clara identify the voice she hears and associates with the strange man?
(a) The villain.
(b) The loser.
(c) The hero.
(d) The friend.
3. Who flees the house, leaving Clara behind?
4. What does Clara lock, afraid as much for Pleyel's life as for her own after seeing Carwin?
(a) Her cellar.
(b) Her safe.
(c) Her door.
(d) Her bedroom.
5. What does Major Stuart recognize the orphaned girl as?
(a) His sister.
(b) His niece.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Pleyel claim to have heard talking with Clara on the grounds?
2. Who does the narrator's brother marry?
3. What does Wieland go to retrieve from a temple?
4. Who does Clara recognize Carwin to be?
5. What does Carwin rationalize?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)