|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters X & XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what period is Wieland set?
2. Where does Pleyel intend on going?
3. What is the name of the orphaned teenage girl that the narrator's brother adopts?
(a) Charles Brown.
(b) Henry Marks.
(c) Jan Mason.
(d) Louisa Conway.
4. What does Pleyel accuse Clara of doing with Carwin?
(b) Running away.
(c) Having sex.
5. What does the narrator's mother see at the temple when the father goes there?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A stream.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A flash of light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the religious fanatic come to America?
2. What kind of novel is Wieland?
3. Why does Clara anticipate Pleyel's arrival?
4. After accusing Clara, what does Pleyel do?
5. Who does Pleyel claim to have heard talking with Clara on the grounds?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)