|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VIII & IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Clara has a dream that her brother is luring her to death, who rescues her?
(a) A voice.
(b) A leader.
(c) A lover.
(d) A friend.
2. What did the naked and burned person inside the temple have on their arm?
(a) A heavy blow.
(b) A necklace.
(c) Long hair.
(d) A book chain.
3. What does Major Stuart recognize the orphaned girl as?
(a) His niece.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His friend.
(d) His sister.
4. Who does the narrator's brother argue with after seeing a letter?
5. What does Carwin tell Clara that he plans to do?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Rape her.
(c) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara identify the voice she hears and associates with the strange man?
2. Who is the narrator's brother?
3. When Clara is alone in her room, what does she wake up to hear?
4. On whom does the narrator place a focus in Chapter I?
5. What does the narrator's uncle see as he enters the temple?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)