|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VIII & IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Carwin begged for from Clara a few weeks prior to Pleyel mentioning meeting him?
2. Why does the religious fanatic come to America?
(a) To win the lottery.
(b) To play pool.
(c) To advise friends.
(d) To convert the natives.
3. Who does the narrator go to live with along with a sibling?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
4. Why does Clara anticipate Pleyel's arrival?
(a) She is eager to help him.
(b) She misses him.
(c) She is worried about him.
(d) She looks forward to sharing her feelings.
5. What is the name of the orphaned teenage girl that the narrator's brother adopts?
(a) Charles Brown.
(b) Jan Mason.
(c) Henry Marks.
(d) Louisa Conway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carwin's plan thwarted by that he tells Clara about?
2. What does the narrator's mother see at the temple when the father goes there?
3. Where does Major Stuart go on a tour of colonies?
4. Where does Clara wake to learn that a mysterious voice had called saying she needed help?
5. When Clara has a dream that her brother is luring her to death, who rescues her?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)