|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VIII & IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what form is the story of Wieland written?
(a) A poem.
(b) A letter.
(c) A journal.
(d) A string of loose thoughts.
2. What does the narrator's uncle see as he enters the temple?
(a) A cloud of light.
(b) A woman.
(c) A dungeon.
3. Where does Major Stuart go on a tour of colonies?
4. What does the fanatic call his estate?
5. Why does Clara anticipate Pleyel's arrival?
(a) She is eager to help him.
(b) She is worried about him.
(c) She misses him.
(d) She looks forward to sharing her feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pleyel withdraw from the social group that includes Carwin?
2. What does the religious fanatic build for his beliefs?
3. What did the naked and burned person inside the temple have on their arm?
4. What does Stuart send detailing his journeys?
5. What does Pleyel tease Clara about her feelings after discussing Carwin?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)