|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXII & XXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clara consider doing to Carwin but decides to not do since it is illegal?
(a) Have him arrested.
(b) Beat him up.
(c) Have him punished.
(d) Lock him up.
2. What does Pleyel do after his suspicions of Clara are confirmed?
(a) He severs ties.
(b) He lies.
(c) He fights.
(d) He screams.
3. When Clara tells Carwin about the murders, what does the information do to Carwin?
(a) Enrage him.
(b) Fill him.
(c) Shock him.
(d) Inspire him.
4. What does Carwin tell Clara that he has no knowledge of regarding Wieland?
(a) His strength.
(b) His power.
(c) His friendships.
(d) His madness.
5. Who does Clara recognize Carwin to be?
(a) The strange man.
(b) The writer.
(c) The lover.
(d) The priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ability does Carwin have to do that makes him unique?
2. When Clara is alone in her room, what does she wake up to hear?
3. Where does Pleyel meet Carwin?
4. What does Clara identify the voice she hears and associates with the strange man?
5. Upon returning to America after traveling in Europe, what does Carwin discover?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)