|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXII & XXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pleyel reaches Clara's residence, what does he hear that makes him suspect her?
(a) A conversation.
(c) A song.
2. What ability does Carwin have to do that makes him unique?
(a) Memorize numbers.
(c) Mimic others.
3. What does Carwin admit to Clara comes from him that she asks about concerning her closet?
(a) The books.
(b) The clothes.
(c) The voice.
(d) The shoes.
4. What has Carwin been accused of in the story that Pleyel reads about him?
(a) Forgery and theft.
(b) Theft and murder.
(c) Murder and arson.
(d) Arson and deceit.
5. What does Carwin tell Clara that he has no knowledge of regarding Wieland?
(a) His friendships.
(b) His madness.
(c) His strength.
(d) His power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara identify the voice she hears and associates with the strange man?
2. Who emerges from Clara's house after Pleyel arrives to talk to her about his feelings, confirming Pleyel's suspicions of Clara's guilt?
3. What does Clara receive at at Mrs. Baynton's house?
4. As Clara makes her way toward her house to retrieve an object, what does she pass?
5. What does Clara accuse Carwin of doing to Wieland?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)