|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXII & XXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who emerges from Clara's house after Pleyel arrives to talk to her about his feelings, confirming Pleyel's suspicions of Clara's guilt?
2. What does Pleyel read on his way to see Clara to discuss his conflicting feelings for her?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
3. When she sinks on her bed overwhelmed by what has happened, who does Clara curse in her house?
4. Why does Clara stop at at Mrs. Baynton's house?
(a) For money.
(b) For a book.
(c) For refreshment.
(d) For questions.
5. What does Clara consider doing to Carwin but decides to not do since it is illegal?
(a) Have him arrested.
(b) Have him punished.
(c) Lock him up.
(d) Beat him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carwin admit to Clara comes from him that she asks about concerning her closet?
2. Where is Clara walking when she hears a voice from the closet warning her to avoid a particular spot in her environment?
3. What does Pleyel tease Clara about her feelings after discussing Carwin?
4. Who does Clara recognize Carwin to be?
5. What does Clara retrieve from her house when she encounters Carwin?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)