|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXII & XXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carwin beg Clara to meet him at eleven o'clock to do with him?
(a) Love each other.
(b) Eat together.
(c) Have a conference.
(d) Pray together.
2. What does Judith do for Clara?
(a) She is her friend.
(b) She is her nurse.
(c) She is her servant.
(d) She is her doctor.
3. Where does Clara go to meet Carwin as he requested at eleven o'clock?
(a) Her mother's residence.
(b) Her house.
(c) His house.
(d) Her brother's residence.
4. What does Clara interpret as Carwin's confession regarding Wieland?
(a) His fear.
(b) His guilt.
(c) His desire.
(d) His anger.
5. When she sinks on her bed overwhelmed by what has happened, who does Clara curse in her house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara consider doing to Carwin but decides to not do since it is illegal?
2. Who emerges from Clara's house after Pleyel arrives to talk to her about his feelings, confirming Pleyel's suspicions of Clara's guilt?
3. As Clara makes her way toward her house to retrieve an object, what does she pass?
4. What does Clara receive at at Mrs. Baynton's house?
5. What is the conversation that Clara overhears from two voices in her closet about?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)