|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should Antoinette's husband have written to earlier?
(a) His father.
(b) Mr. Mason.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Richard Mason.
2. What does Antoinette hear from her bedroom one night?
(a) Her husband cheating on her with one of the servant girls.
(b) Her husband making plans to move to England.
(c) A wild scream outside her window.
(d) Baptiste and Christophine arguing over obeah.
3. What does the author of the letter want Antoinette's husband to do?
(a) It is a blackmail letter demanding money.
(b) Leave the island immediately because his life is in danger.
(c) Contact the local magistrate.
(d) Visit the sender to learn the truth about his wife.
4. What memory does Antoinette's husband have of his wedding ceremony?
(a) How excited he was.
(b) Every detail as if it were yesterday.
(c) Very little of the actual ceremony,
(d) How beautiful Antoinette looks.
5. Who does Antoinette recall arguing with before her wedding?
(a) Baptiste and Jo Jo.
(b) Her mother and step-father.
(c) Aunt Cora and Richard Mason.
(d) Tia and Josephine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Antoinette's husband when he wakes up from his rum-induced sleep?
2. Why doesn't Antoinette like her husband calling her Bertha?
3. Who narrates most of Part Two?
4. How do Antoinette and her husband get to the cottage?
5. Who are waiting for Antoinette and her husband when the arrive at their honeymoon cottage?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)