|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory does Antoinette's husband have of his wedding ceremony?
(a) Very little of the actual ceremony,
(b) How beautiful Antoinette looks.
(c) How excited he was.
(d) Every detail as if it were yesterday.
2. Who narrates the story for a brief time mid-way through Part Two?
(a) Aunt Cora.
(d) Richard Mason.
3. What does Antoinette's husband wonder after he writes his father a letter?
(a) If his father is proud of him.
(b) When he will see his father again.
(c) How the letters get posted.
(d) What Antoinette is doing.
4. When Antoinette's husband is recalling the events during his marriage to Antoinette, what bargain does he make with her?
(a) He will be a good husband.
(b) He will bring her safety.
(c) He will trust her if she trusts him.
(d) He will always take care of her.
5. How does Antoinette tell her husband she feels about the idea of happiness?
(a) She believes she can finally be happy.
(b) She feels happiness is unattainable.
(c) She doesn't believe in happiness.
(d) It makes her feel afriad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first new character the reader meets in Part Two?
2. Antoinette's husband says the young girl servant who meets them at the port is of what race?
3. What does Antoinette's husband learn from his visit to the author of the letter he received in Part Two?
4. Why doesn't Antoinette's husband like the her name "Antoinette"?
5. How does Antoinette's husband feel his first morning at the island?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)