|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Antoinette and her husband feeling when they leave the "honeymoon house?"
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They look forward to a new life in England.
(c) They are sad to leave such a beautiful place.
(d) They have reconciled their differences.
2. Who does Antoinette recall arguing with before her wedding?
(a) Baptiste and Jo Jo.
(b) Aunt Cora and Richard Mason.
(c) Her mother and step-father.
(d) Tia and Josephine.
3. How does the porter feel about the island?
(a) He doesn't say.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is not civilized.
(d) It is better than Jamaica.
4. What does Antoinette's husband wonder after he writes his father a letter?
(a) When he will see his father again.
(b) How the letters get posted.
(c) If his father is proud of him.
(d) What Antoinette is doing.
5. What does Antoinette do when she and her husband reach the boundary of the estate?
(a) She runs towards the cottage.
(b) She smiles.
(c) She thinks of England.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has just happened at the beginning of Part Two?
2. How else does Antoinette's husband describe this servant girl?
3. What does the servant girl at the "honeymoon house" say repeatedly to Antoinette's husband?
4. Antoinette's husband says the young girl servant who meets them at the port is of what race?
5. How does Antoinette's husband feel about Creoles of pure English descent?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)