|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antoinette's husband dream happens to him after he drinks the wine Antoinette gave him?
(a) He is back in England.
(b) His father is calling to him.
(c) He is lost in the woods.
(d) He is buried alive.
2. When Antoinette's husband is recalling the events during his marriage to Antoinette, what bargain does he make with her?
(a) He will always take care of her.
(b) He will be a good husband.
(c) He will bring her safety.
(d) He will trust her if she trusts him.
3. Why is Antoinette's marriage arranged?
(a) Antoinette needs to marry a rich man.
(b) Antoinette is in love and asks for the marriage to be arranged.
(c) The marriage is considered good for Antoinette considering her circumstances.
(d) Her new husband is widowed and needs a mother for his daughter.
4. What happens to Antoinette's husband when he wakes up from his rum-induced sleep?
(a) He wanders into the forest and gets lost.
(b) He argues with his wife.
(c) He writes a letter to his father.
(d) He asks for a stong pot of coffee.
5. What does Antoinette give her husband when they cross onto the estate?
(a) Water from a spring.
(b) A hug.
(c) A wildflower.
(d) She kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Christophine give Antoinette regarding fears about her husband?
2. What does Antoinette's husband see his wife do that upsets him?
3. What does Antoinette's husband write to Mr. Fraser in a personal letter?
4. What does Antoinette mock her husband about on their way to the cottage?
5. What are fireflies called on the island where Antoinette and her husband honeymoon?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)