|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author of the letter want Antoinette's husband to do?
(a) Leave the island immediately because his life is in danger.
(b) Contact the local magistrate.
(c) It is a blackmail letter demanding money.
(d) Visit the sender to learn the truth about his wife.
2. What shocks Antoinette's husband too much to speak?
(a) Daniel Cosway is murdered.
(b) The way his wife looks the night she gets home late.
(c) Christophine tries to poison him.
(d) Baptiste ignores his orders.
3. Who does Antoinette recall arguing with before her wedding?
(a) Aunt Cora and Richard Mason.
(b) Tia and Josephine.
(c) Baptiste and Jo Jo.
(d) Her mother and step-father.
4. Why doesn't Antoinette like her husband calling her Bertha?
(a) She thinks he is trying to turn her into someone else.
(b) She thinks the name is too formal, too British.
(c) It is not her name.
(d) She thinks the name is ugly.
5. What does Antoinette mock her husband about on their way to the cottage?
(a) His British mannerisms.
(c) How silly he looks.
(d) How cold he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Christophine give Antoinette regarding fears about her husband?
2. Who are the Mounes Mors of the island?
3. How does the porter feel about the island?
4. What happens to Antoinette's husband when he wakes up from his rum-induced sleep?
5. What does Antoinette do when she and her husband reach the boundary of the estate?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)