|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Aunt Cora returning from?
2. Where does Antoinette arrive in her dream?
(a) On a ship.
(b) An enclosed garden.
(c) An open field.
(d) On a mountain.
3. What does Antoinette recognize about her mother when she first goes to visit her after moving from Coulibri Estate?
(a) Her beautiful smile.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her hair and dress.
(d) The perfume she wears.
4. Who is Mr. Mason?
(a) He is a rich Englishman who marries Antoinette's mother.
(b) He is an investor who wants to buy Coulibri Estate.
(c) He is the Coulibri Estate owner's rich uncle.
(d) He is the Coulibri Estate owner's cousin.
5. Where does Antoinette go to school?
(a) Mount Calvary Convent.
(b) Spanish Town School for GIrls.
(c) Saint Mary's.
(d) Queen Victoria's Royal Academy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antoinette's favorite picture?
2. Who is Antoinette following in her dream?
3. How does Antoinette feel about the garden?
4. What does Antoinette pray for?
5. Who owns Coulibri Estate at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Antoinette's husband describe the island in the beginning of Part Two?
2. What reason does Mr. Mason give for staying at Coulibri after he marries Antoinette's mother?
3. Who does Grace exclude from the feeling of safety provided by staying at the house?
4. What is her husband's reaction to Antoinette's story about sleeping in the moonlight?
5. How does Antoinette describe the rooms she finds herself living in during Part Three?
6. How does Antoinette know what is behind the locked door?
7. How does Antoinette describe the garden at Coulibri?
8. Does Grace Poole seem to take good care of Antoinette?
9. What evidence is given that Part Two is narrated by someone other than Antoinette?
10. What happens between Antoinette and her husband that seems to seal the fate of their relationship?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)