|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Pierre as a child?
(a) He staggers when he walks and cannot speak clearly.
(b) He falls off his horse and is badly injured.
(c) He tries to kill his sister.
(d) He finds out his father is a former slave owner.
2. Who is invited to spend the winter with Mr. Mason?
(a) Aunt Cora.
(b) Some English friends.
(d) Sandi Cosway.
3. What else does Antoinette say she dreams in Part One?
(a) That she is in hell.
(b) That she has a dismal future in store.
(c) That her mother comes to take her home.
(d) That she is entering a beautiful forest.
4. What is the fate of Coulibri Estate?
(a) It is burned down by a mob of angry former slaves.
(b) It is abandoned and falls into ruin.
(c) It is where the family lives for many years.
(d) It is given to the former slaves as compensation.
5. In Part 1, why is Aunt Cora concerned about the family just after Antoinette's mother remarried?
(a) Aunt Cora wants the family to move to Spanish town.
(b) Aunt Cora doesn't want money wasted to repair Coulibri Estate.
(c) The former slaves are angry at their former owners and pose a threat.
(d) Aunt Cora wants to sell the estate for money to live off of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aunt Cora returning from?
2. What kind of food do the Mason's eat?
3. What does Antoinette recognize about her mother when she first goes to visit her after moving from Coulibri Estate?
4. How long has Annette been a widow?
5. Immediately following Antoinette's description of her dream, what does the nun tell Antoinette to do after they have talked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe who is speaking when Part Three begins.
2. Why does the letter from Daniel Cosway upset Antoinette's husband?
3. How does Antoinette say she feels about Mr. Mason?
4. What evidence is given that Part Two is narrated by someone other than Antoinette?
5. What new details does Antoinette disclose about her dream the second time she has it?
6. How is Sandi reintroduced into Antoinette's narrative of Part Three?
7. How does Antoinette describe the garden at Coulibri?
8. How does Antoinette know what is behind the locked door?
9. Is there any evidence of passion between Antoinette and her husband?
10. Describe Antoinette's early impressions of what she hears and sees outside her locked rooms in Part Three.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)