|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main town near the "honeymoon cottage" of Part Two?
(a) St. Pierre.
2. Where do Antoinette and her husband stay their first night at the honeymoon island?
(a) With the magistrate.
(b) At the cottage.
(c) In the town.
(d) On the ship.
3. What is Antoinette's husband's first impression of the cottage?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is ugly.
(c) It is awkward and sad.
(d) It needs repair.
4. How much money is paid to Antoinette's husband from Antoinette's inheritance?
(a) Thirty thousand pounds.
(c) The reader does not know.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
5. How does the porter feel about the island?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is not civilized.
(c) He doesn't say.
(d) It is better than Jamaica.
6. What does Antoinette's husband write to Mr. Fraser in a personal letter?
(a) He is considering a book about obeah.
(b) He wants arrangements made to return to Jamaica.
(c) He enquires about his father's health.
(d) He wants to have Daniel Cosway arrested.
7. What does the servant girl at the "honeymoon house" say repeatedly to Antoinette's husband?
(a) How lucky he is to be married to such a rich wife.
(b) He has been bewitched by an obeah spell.
(c) The servant will only answer to the wife.
(d) How sorry she is for him.
8. What does Antoinette mock her husband about on their way to the cottage?
(a) How silly he looks.
(b) How cold he is.
(c) His British mannerisms.
9. How does Antoinette's husband feel things will look in the sun?
10. How does Antoinette tell her husband she feels about the idea of happiness?
(a) It makes her feel afriad.
(b) She believes she can finally be happy.
(c) She feels happiness is unattainable.
(d) She doesn't believe in happiness.
11. What is Antoinette's husband's impression of the people living on the honeymoon island?
(a) They are cheerful.
(b) They are lazy.
(c) They are sombre.
(d) They are greedy.
12. What happens to Antoinette's husband when he wakes up from his rum-induced sleep?
(a) He wanders into the forest and gets lost.
(b) He argues with his wife.
(c) He writes a letter to his father.
(d) He asks for a stong pot of coffee.
13. Why does Antoinette visit her beloved former servant in Part Two?
(a) She hears the servant is very ill.
(b) She believes the servant can give her an obeah love potion.
(c) She wants the servant's help to leave the Island.
(d) She wants the servant to work for her again.
14. When has Antoinette been to the cottage before?
(a) With her family to get away from the hot weather in summer.
(b) This is her first time to the cottage.
(c) She has been there three times before.
(d) Once with her Aunt Cora.
15. When Antoinette's husband is recalling the events during his marriage to Antoinette, what bargain does he make with her?
(a) He will bring her safety.
(b) He will trust her if she trusts him.
(c) He will be a good husband.
(d) He will always take care of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Antoinette's husband get a disturbing letter?
2. Who are waiting for Antoinette and her husband when the arrive at their honeymoon cottage?
3. What is the name of the estate where the cottage is located?
4. Who narrates the story for a brief time mid-way through Part Two?
5. Who does Antoinette's husband decide to visit concerning the letter he received?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)