|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Antoinette's husband when he wakes up from his rum-induced sleep?
(a) He asks for a stong pot of coffee.
(b) He writes a letter to his father.
(c) He argues with his wife.
(d) He wanders into the forest and gets lost.
2. How many children does Christophine have?
(b) Twin boys.
(c) One son.
(d) A son and a daughter.
3. What happens to Antoinette's inheritance in Part 2?
(a) She had no inheritance.
(b) She has squandered it away.
(c) It belongs to her husband now.
(d) It was used to pay for her schooling.
4. What does Antoinette's husband write to Mr. Fraser in a personal letter?
(a) He wants to have Daniel Cosway arrested.
(b) He is considering a book about obeah.
(c) He wants arrangements made to return to Jamaica.
(d) He enquires about his father's health.
5. Who narrates most of Part Two?
(b) Mr. Mason.
(c) Antionette's husband.
6. When has Antoinette been to the cottage before?
(a) She has been there three times before.
(b) With her family to get away from the hot weather in summer.
(c) This is her first time to the cottage.
(d) Once with her Aunt Cora.
7. What is the name of the main town near the "honeymoon cottage" of Part Two?
(c) St. Pierre.
8. What does Antoinette's husband wonder after he writes his father a letter?
(a) How the letters get posted.
(b) What Antoinette is doing.
(c) If his father is proud of him.
(d) When he will see his father again.
9. Why is Antoinette's marriage arranged?
(a) Her new husband is widowed and needs a mother for his daughter.
(b) Antoinette needs to marry a rich man.
(c) The marriage is considered good for Antoinette considering her circumstances.
(d) Antoinette is in love and asks for the marriage to be arranged.
10. What does Antoinette's husband say happens the day before the wedding ceremony?
(a) Richard Mason bursts into his room with bad news.
(b) He gets sick with fever.
(c) Aunt Cora is angry.
(d) Antoinette is eager to marry him.
11. What is Antoinette's husband's name?
(a) Alexander Cosway.
(b) He is never named in "Wide Sargasso Sea".
(c) Richard Mason.
(d) Mr. Rochester.
12. Who should Antoinette's husband have written to earlier?
(a) Richard Mason.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) His father.
13. What advice does Christophine give Antoinette regarding fears about her husband?
(a) Take over running the household like a good wife should.
(b) Cry and act weak to gain her husband's sympathy.
(c) Speak to her husband and make him understand.
(d) Stop worrying and be happy she is married to a wonderful man.
14. What is Antoinette's husband's impression of the people living on the honeymoon island?
(a) They are lazy.
(b) They are cheerful.
(c) They are sombre.
(d) They are greedy.
15. What does Antoinette hear from her bedroom one night?
(a) Baptiste and Christophine arguing over obeah.
(b) A wild scream outside her window.
(c) Her husband cheating on her with one of the servant girls.
(d) Her husband making plans to move to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are fireflies called on the island where Antoinette and her husband honeymoon?
2. Who are waiting for Antoinette and her husband when the arrive at their honeymoon cottage?
3. How does Antoinette's husband feel his first morning at the island?
4. How do Antoinette and her husband get to the cottage?
5. Antoinette's husband says the young girl servant who meets them at the port is of what race?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)