|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antoinette remember her mother wearing as Part One ends?
(a) A red flower in her hair.
(b) Her mended riding habit.
(c) Her soft nightgown.
(d) Her wedding dress.
2. Who does Antoinette/Bertha write a letter to from her room in Part Three?
(a) She writes to Sandi.
(b) She writes to Christophene.
(c) She writes to Mr. Rochester.
(d) She writes to Richard Mason.
3. What does Antoinette call her step-father one night?
(b) White pappy.
(c) Mr. Mason.
4. What is the importance of the green parrot, Coco?
(a) The parrot dies in front of the family, which is very bad luck in Jamaica.
(b) The parrot squawks loudly to warn the family a fire broke out in the mansion.
(c) The parrote belongs to one of the family servants.
(d) The parrot is a favorite childhood pet of Antoinette's.
5. Who are the Mounes Mors of the island?
(a) The Dead Ones.
(b) The original inhabitants of the island.
(c) The people of French descent.
(d) The practioners of voodoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoinette/Bertha believe she sees happening in the tapestry?
2. Why are Antoinette/Bertha's wrists swollen and red one morning?
3. How does Antoinette tell her husband she feels about the idea of happiness?
4. What are fireflies called on the island where Antoinette and her husband honeymoon?
5. When Antoinette's husband is recalling the events during his marriage to Antoinette, what bargain does he make with her?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)