|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to stare at the couple when they arrived from Jamaica?
(a) Two women.
(b) Three little boys.
(c) The servants.
2. What is the fate of Coulibri Estate?
(a) It is given to the former slaves as compensation.
(b) It is abandoned and falls into ruin.
(c) It is burned down by a mob of angry former slaves.
(d) It is where the family lives for many years.
3. Who goes with Antoinette to visit her mother?
(a) Mr. Mason.
4. What does Antoinette ask her husband about England?
(a) Is it true it is like a dream?
(b) Does he miss England?
(c) Will they go to live there?
(d) Is it cold there?
5. Who are Godfrey and Sass?
(a) Two former slaves who stay on as Cosway servants.
(b) Two wealthy plantation owners near Coulibri.
(c) Troublemakers who spread gossip about former slave owners.
(d) English suitors of the Mason widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specific instructions does Mr. Rochester's housekeeper give to the woman being hired as the new caretaker for Mr. Rochester's wife?
2. Which of Antoinette/Bertha's doors is kept locked where she is being cared for?
3. In the story, how do the newly freed slaves behave towards their former white owners?
4. What does Antoinette/Bertha do sometimes when night falls?
5. Who is Christophine?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)