|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antoinette give her husband when they cross onto the estate?
(a) A wildflower.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) A hug.
(d) Water from a spring.
2. Who does Antoinette/Bertha see coming out of a bedroom one night when she is wandering the passageways of the house?
(a) Grace Poole.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A girl.
(d) Aunt Cora.
3. How does Antoinette's husband feel about Creoles of pure English descent?
(a) They are just as proper as European English.
(b) They are beautiful people.
(c) They are not really English or European.
(d) They no different than European English.
4. What does Mrs. Poole say to Antoinette/Bertha about Richard Mason?
(a) He will return later.
(b) She doesn't mention Richard Mason.
(c) He never arrived.
(d) He is gone and won't come back.
5. What does Antoinette/Bertha say she sees in the sky near the end of Part Three?
(a) She says she sees all her life.
(b) She believes she sees a bright moon.
(c) She says she sees ominous clouds.
(d) She thinks she sees flames blazing hot and red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoinette/Bertha believe she sees happening in the tapestry?
2. Who should Antoinette's husband have written to earlier?
3. How many times has Antoinette had the dream when she describes it so vividly in Part One?
4. Where does the reader first encounter Antoinette/ Bertha Mason in Part Three?
5. Who narrates the story for a brief time mid-way through Part Two?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)