|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antoinette's husband says the young girl servant who meets them at the port is of what race?
(a) He describes her as White.
(b) He describes her as Creole.
(c) He describes her a half-caste.
(d) He says she is Colored.
2. What is the name of the estate where the cottage is located?
(b) Grace Poole.
(d) It is not named.
3. What does Antoinette remember when she is speaking with the nun after her dream?
(a) She misses Christophene.
(b) She likes to eat cake.
(c) That her mother is dead.
(d) She wants to move to England.
4. How does Antoinette's demeanor change after she leaves school?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is increasingly confused about the past and present.
(c) She is bitter.
(d) She is a perfect young lady.
5. What are the sounds Antoinette/Bertha hears all her life?
(c) Soft breezes of the islands.
(d) Ocean waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part Three, what does Antoinette/Bertha thinks happens during her journey from the West Indies?
2. What does Antoinette/Bertha, Mr. Rochester's wife, notice is removed from her bed when she describes her rooms in Part 3?
3. What does Mrs. Poole usually do at the table each night?
4. Who rescues Antoinette from being harassed and taunted by a mean boy and girl near the end of Part One?
5. In Part Three, how many times is the reader told Antoinette/Bertha has the same dream?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)