|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace say she believes about Antoinette/Bertha's behavior in Part Three?
(a) She thinks Antoinette/Bertha has been mistreated.
(b) She believes Antoinette/Bertha pretends not to remember things.
(c) She believes Antoinette/Bertah is really very rich.
(d) She believes Antoinette/Bertha is a sweet woman.
2. Who does Antoinette/Bertha hear talking but says she never sees?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mr. Cosway.
3. What does Antoinette's husband write to Mr. Fraser in a personal letter?
(a) He enquires about his father's health.
(b) He wants arrangements made to return to Jamaica.
(c) He wants to have Daniel Cosway arrested.
(d) He is considering a book about obeah.
4. What does Antoinette/Bertha's caretaker do many nights before falling asleep?
(a) She ensures everything is in its place and the door is locked.
(b) He enjoys a cold supper.
(c) She makes sure there is plenty of coal on the fire.
(d) She drinks heavily.
5. Why does Antoinette resent the nuns' cheerful faces?
(a) They are mocking her.
(b) They are only nice when visitors are there.
(c) She believes they are safe.
(d) She is forced to stay with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who should Antoinette's husband have written to earlier?
2. In Part 1, why is Aunt Cora concerned about the family just after Antoinette's mother remarried?
3. Where is the porter from?
4. Who does Antoinette/Bertha write a letter to from her room in Part Three?
5. After Grace Poole is hired, why does she believe all the servants continue working at Mr. Rochester's estate?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)