|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antoinette/Bertha do sometimes when night falls?
(a) She sings songs from her childhood.
(b) She falls peacefully to sleep.
(c) She hides in the closet.
(d) She takes the keys from the sleeping caretaker, Grace Poole.
2. Where does the Antoinette/Bertha believe she is when she is walking down the passageways of Mr. Rochester's estate?
(a) She thinks she is back at Coulibri.
(b) She believes she is in a cardboard world.
(c) She thinks she is in Trinidad.
(d) She is sure she is in England.
3. Who narrates the story for a brief time mid-way through Part Two?
(c) Aunt Cora.
(d) Richard Mason.
4. What advice does Christophine give Antoinette regarding fears about her husband?
(a) Take over running the household like a good wife should.
(b) Speak to her husband and make him understand.
(c) Stop worrying and be happy she is married to a wonderful man.
(d) Cry and act weak to gain her husband's sympathy.
5. Why does Antoinette/Bertha think there are strange people in the house with her during her narrative of Part Three?
(a) She believes she hears them laughing and talking.
(b) She thinks she sees them from her bedroom window.
(c) She does not think there are other people there.
(d) She believes she hears them walking outside her door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Antoinette recall arguing with before her wedding?
2. Who should Antoinette's husband have written to earlier?
3. How are Antoinette and her husband feeling when they leave the "honeymoon house?"
4. Where does Christophine go to live?
5. Who is the first new character the reader meets in Part Two?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)