|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antoinette's demeanor change after she leaves school?
(a) She is a perfect young lady.
(b) She is bitter.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is increasingly confused about the past and present.
2. What does the Antoinette/Bertha keep hidden from Grace Poole?
(a) A knife.
(b) Matches and candles.
3. How much money is paid to Antoinette's husband from Antoinette's inheritance?
(a) Fifty thousand dollars.
(b) The reader does not know.
(d) Thirty thousand pounds.
4. What happens to Antoinette's husband when he wakes up from his rum-induced sleep?
(a) He wanders into the forest and gets lost.
(b) He asks for a stong pot of coffee.
(c) He argues with his wife.
(d) He writes a letter to his father.
5. Why does Antoinette visit her beloved former servant in Part Two?
(a) She wants the servant's help to leave the Island.
(b) She believes the servant can give her an obeah love potion.
(c) She hears the servant is very ill.
(d) She wants the servant to work for her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food do the Mason's eat?
2. Who is Mr. Mason?
3. What does Antoinette call her step-father one night?
4. Where is Antoinette walking towards in her dream?
5. What is being described at the opening of Part Three?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)