|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fate of Coulibri Estate?
(a) It is burned down by a mob of angry former slaves.
(b) It is given to the former slaves as compensation.
(c) It is abandoned and falls into ruin.
(d) It is where the family lives for many years.
2. What is Antoinette's husband's name?
(a) He is never named in "Wide Sargasso Sea".
(b) Richard Mason.
(c) Alexander Cosway.
(d) Mr. Rochester.
3. How does the Bishop feel about the nuns?
(a) They are excellent teachers.
(b) They are very lax.
(c) They are too strict.
(d) They need to mind their own business.
4. Why does Antoinette/Bertha think there are strange people in the house with her during her narrative of Part Three?
(a) She thinks she sees them from her bedroom window.
(b) She believes she hears them laughing and talking.
(c) She does not think there are other people there.
(d) She believes she hears them walking outside her door.
5. When has Antoinette been to the cottage before?
(a) She has been there three times before.
(b) Once with her Aunt Cora.
(c) This is her first time to the cottage.
(d) With her family to get away from the hot weather in summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Antoinette like her husband calling her Bertha?
2. What does the Antoinette/Bertha keep hidden from Grace Poole?
3. Who does Antoinette/Bertha write a letter to from her room in Part Three?
4. At the end of Part Three, who does Antoinette/Bertha believe she sees beckoning to her when she is standing on the roof?
5. During the interview to find a caretaker for Mr. Rochester's wife, what does the letter disclose as his demeanor towards his wife?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)