|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Antoinette's husband decide to visit concerning the letter he received?
(a) The chief magistrate.
(b) His lawyer.
(c) The letter's author.
(d) A priest.
2. Why do Tia and Antoinette cease to be friends?
(a) Tia has to go work for another family in the West Indies.
(b) They have an argument at the "bathing pool."
(c) Antoinette moves away to Spanish Town.
(d) Antoinette is told she cannot be friends with Tia because Tia is black.
3. Where does Myra say everyone went?
(a) To hell.
(b) To town.
(c) To a wedding.
(d) On a picnic.
4. Why does Antoinette resent the nuns' cheerful faces?
(a) They are only nice when visitors are there.
(b) They are mocking her.
(c) She is forced to stay with them.
(d) She believes they are safe.
5. Who are waiting for Antoinette and her husband when the arrive at their honeymoon cottage?
(a) A group of negores.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) Visitors from Jamaica.
(d) Servants dressed in new uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Antoinette walking towards in her dream?
2. Who is the first new character the reader meets in Part Two?
3. Who came to stare at the couple when they arrived from Jamaica?
4. How much money is paid to Antoinette's husband from Antoinette's inheritance?
5. Who narrates most of Part Two?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)