|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How else does Antoinette's husband describe this servant girl?
(a) Withering and dull.
(b) Lithe and cheerful like an island breeze.
(c) Angry like a storm about to break.
(d) Lovely and malignant, like the place.
2. What is Patois?
(a) A French dialect spoken in the Islands.
(b) A style of dress worn by house servants.
(c) A spicy dish served in the West Indies.
(d) An African language the former slaves speak.
3. What type of stories are read to the school girls when they do their needle work?
(a) Stories of Queen Victoria.
(b) History of the British Empire.
(c) The lives of saints.
(d) How to behave like ladies.
4. What is Mrs. Cosway's situation at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is an important part of Spanish Town society.
(b) She is moving to England with her children.
(c) She is the loving and caring mother of two children.
(d) She is a poor widow of five years.
5. What does Mr. Mason say the servants can smell?
(b) The hurricane winds as they approach the island.
(c) The new flowers in the garden.
(d) The rum on his wife's breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Antoinette and her husband feeling when they leave the "honeymoon house?"
2. What has just happened at the beginning of Part Two?
3. How does Antoinette feel about the garden?
4. Where and what is Spanish Town?
5. What does Antoinette's husband say happens the day before the wedding ceremony?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)