|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antoinette feel about the garden?
(a) She believes it is beautiful and must be like the garden in the Bible.
(b) She is afraid to go there.
(c) She dislikes that is overgrown and unkept.
(d) She believes the garden is magical.
2. What is wrong with Pierre as a child?
(a) He falls off his horse and is badly injured.
(b) He staggers when he walks and cannot speak clearly.
(c) He tries to kill his sister.
(d) He finds out his father is a former slave owner.
3. Where do Antoinette and her husband stay their first night at the honeymoon island?
(a) On the ship.
(b) At the cottage.
(c) With the magistrate.
(d) In the town.
4. What does Antoinette's husband see his wife do that upsets him?
(a) Poison his wine.
(b) Mistreat one of the servants.
(c) Kiss a former lover.
(d) Sneak into his study and read his journal.
5. Who are waiting for Antoinette and her husband when the arrive at their honeymoon cottage?
(a) Servants dressed in new uniforms.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) Visitors from Jamaica.
(d) A group of negores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Antoinette to visit her mother?
2. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Mason frequently argue?
3. Where is Aunt Cora returning from?
4. Who is Christophine?
5. Where is the porter from?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)