|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Pierre after the family leaves Coulibri Estate?
(a) He goes to school in England.
(b) He becomes a magistrate in the West Indies.
(c) He is cured from his childhood illness.
(d) He dies from injuries received in a fire.
2. What is the name of the estate where the cottage is located?
(b) It is not named.
(d) Grace Poole.
3. Where is the porter from?
(b) Somewhere else.
(d) He is a native of the island.
4. Where and what is Spanish Town?
(a) It is a large, sophisticated town in Jamaica.
(b) It is a slum located in Negril.
(c) It is a small shanty town near the Coulibri estate.
(d) It is a port city in Dominica.
5. What advice does Christophine give Antoinette regarding fears about her husband?
(a) Take over running the household like a good wife should.
(b) Stop worrying and be happy she is married to a wonderful man.
(c) Cry and act weak to gain her husband's sympathy.
(d) Speak to her husband and make him understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant event occurs just before the story begins?
2. What does Antoinette call her step-father one night?
3. What happens to Antoinette when she grows into a young lady of about seventeen?
4. What is Antoinette's favorite picture?
5. What does Antoinette's husband say happens the day before the wedding ceremony?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)