|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antoinette tell her husband she feels about the idea of happiness?
(a) She doesn't believe in happiness.
(b) It makes her feel afriad.
(c) She feels happiness is unattainable.
(d) She believes she can finally be happy.
2. Who is Mr. Mason?
(a) He is a rich Englishman who marries Antoinette's mother.
(b) He is the Coulibri Estate owner's cousin.
(c) He is the Coulibri Estate owner's rich uncle.
(d) He is an investor who wants to buy Coulibri Estate.
3. How long after they were married do the Mason's start having trouble?
(a) Less than a month.
(b) After their honeymoon.
(c) When the new servants quit.
(d) Over a year.
4. What does Antoinette's husband learn from his visit to the author of the letter he received in Part Two?
(a) James Cosway is his wife's half-brother.
(b) Christophene is about to be arrested.
(c) Antoinette is a half-caste.
(d) The priest wrote the letter.
5. What advice does Christophine give Antoinette regarding fears about her husband?
(a) Stop worrying and be happy she is married to a wonderful man.
(b) Cry and act weak to gain her husband's sympathy.
(c) Speak to her husband and make him understand.
(d) Take over running the household like a good wife should.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who narrates most of Part Two?
2. What does Antoinette wear in her dream?
3. Why does a nameless boy sob in front of Antoinette and her husband?
4. When has Antoinette been to the cottage before?
5. How does Antoinette's husband feel his first morning at the island?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)