|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How else does Antoinette's husband describe this servant girl?
(a) Lovely and malignant, like the place.
(b) Angry like a storm about to break.
(c) Lithe and cheerful like an island breeze.
(d) Withering and dull.
2. What does Antoinette pray for?
(b) Her mother to get well.
(c) A husband.
3. What is the name of the porter?
(a) Jo Jo.
(b) Young Bull.
4. Who are Godfrey and Sass?
(a) Two former slaves who stay on as Cosway servants.
(b) Troublemakers who spread gossip about former slave owners.
(c) English suitors of the Mason widow.
(d) Two wealthy plantation owners near Coulibri.
5. What is Antoinette's husband's name?
(a) He is never named in "Wide Sargasso Sea".
(b) Richard Mason.
(c) Alexander Cosway.
(d) Mr. Rochester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate of Coulibri Estate?
2. Where do Antoinette and her husband stay their first night at the honeymoon island?
3. How are Antoinette and her husband feeling when they leave the "honeymoon house?"
4. How does Antoinette feel in her dream?
5. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Mason frequently argue?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)