|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Antoinette when she grows into a young lady of about seventeen?
(a) She marries Sandi.
(b) She moves to England.
(c) Mr. Mason introduces her to "proper society".
(d) She becomes a nanny.
2. Immediately following Antoinette's description of her dream, what does the nun tell Antoinette to do after they have talked?
(b) Think happy thoughts.
(c) Go back to bed.
(d) Stay awake for the rest of the night.
3. What is Antoinette's favorite picture?
(a) "The Dancer".
(b) "The Miller's Daughter".
(c) A portrait of her father and mother.
(d) A portrait of her with her brother.
4. What significant event occurs just before the story begins?
(a) There is a slave uprising in Spanish Town.
(b) Jamaica is a former colony that wins its independence from England.
(c) England and France are at war over the ownership of the West Indies.
(d) The slaves are emancipated.
5. What does Antoinette remember that her mother hated?
(b) Strong light.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) Cool shade.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antoinette feel on her first day at school?
2. What becomes of Pierre after the family leaves Coulibri Estate?
3. How many times has Antoinette had the dream when she describes it so vividly in Part One?
4. What does the nun give Antoinette after wakes up from her dream?
5. Where does Christophine go to live?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)