|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Antoinette to visit her mother?
(d) Mr. Mason.
2. What significant event occurs just before the story begins?
(a) The slaves are emancipated.
(b) Jamaica is a former colony that wins its independence from England.
(c) There is a slave uprising in Spanish Town.
(d) England and France are at war over the ownership of the West Indies.
3. Who owns Coulibri Estate at the beginning of the story?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(b) Antoinette Cosway.
(c) Annette Cosway.
(d) The Mason family.
4. Where does Christophine go to live?
(a) To Trinidad.
(b) With Mr. Mason.
(c) With her son.
(d) Back to Coulibri.
5. What does the nun give Antoinette after wakes up from her dream?
(a) A stern lecture.
(b) A shot of rum.
(c) A chocolate drink.
(d) A soothing bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Mason frequently argue?
2. How does Antoinette feel on her first day at school?
3. Who is Antoinette following in her dream?
4. What else does Antoinette say she dreams in Part One?
5. What does Antoinette recognize about her mother when she first goes to visit her after moving from Coulibri Estate?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)