|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Antoinette walking towards in her dream?
(a) The beach.
(b) A forest.
(c) A church.
(d) Couliburi Estate.
2. What does Mrs. Eff say has changed Mr. Rochester?
(b) Military service.
(c) The West Indies.
3. How do the nuns describe beauty to Antoinette?
(a) It is to be greatly desired.
(b) It is transcendent.
(c) It is a mortal sin,
(d) Beauty comes from the soul.
4. When Antoinette's husband is recalling the events during his marriage to Antoinette, what bargain does he make with her?
(a) He will always take care of her.
(b) He will be a good husband.
(c) He will trust her if she trusts him.
(d) He will bring her safety.
5. Who narrates the story for a brief time mid-way through Part Two?
(c) Richard Mason.
(d) Aunt Cora.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a glacis?
2. What does Antoinette mock her husband about on their way to the cottage?
3. What is wrong with Pierre as a child?
4. What are fireflies called on the island where Antoinette and her husband honeymoon?
5. How many times has Antoinette had the dream when she describes it so vividly in Part One?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)