|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman being interviewed for Mr. Rochester's wife's caretaker say is a major concern of hers?
(a) That her ward might die in her care.
(b) That she isn't trained for the task of being a caretaker.
(c) That the pay isn't enough.
(d) That the housekeeper is lying about her pay.
2. What does Antoinette remember when she is speaking with the nun after her dream?
(a) She likes to eat cake.
(b) She wants to move to England.
(c) She misses Christophene.
(d) That her mother is dead.
3. Who narrates the story for a brief time mid-way through Part Two?
(a) Richard Mason.
(b) Aunt Cora.
4. From whom does Antoinette's husband get a disturbing letter?
(a) His lawyer.
(b) Daniel Cosway.
(c) His father.
(d) Aunt Cora.
5. How is Antoinette/Bertha's behavior described by others in Part Three when she is on her journey to England?
(a) She behaves sullenly.
(b) She behaves violently.
(c) She behaves quietly.
(d) She is anxious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grace feel about her "situation" with Antoinette/Bertha?
2. What becomes of Antoinette's mother after they leave Coulibri?
3. What does Antoinette/Bertha do sometimes when night falls?
4. What is Antoinette/Bertha frantically looking for the morning after she had a special visitor in her room?
5. What does Mr. Mason say the servants can smell?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)