|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Mason frequently argue?
(a) Mr. Mason wants to sell Coulibri Estate.
(b) Mr. Mason is having an affair with a black servant girl.
(c) Mrs. Mason does not want to send her children to school.
(d) Mrs. Mason wants to move away from Coulibri Estate.
2. What shocks Antoinette's husband too much to speak?
(a) Baptiste ignores his orders.
(b) Daniel Cosway is murdered.
(c) The way his wife looks the night she gets home late.
(d) Christophine tries to poison him.
3. In the story, how do the newly freed slaves behave towards their former white owners?
(a) They continue to work happily for their former owners.
(b) They are discontent and some work grudginly for their former owners.
(c) They don't care one way or the other about their former owners.
(d) They rebel and kill many of the former slaveowners.
4. How does Antoinette describe everything at her school?
(a) Grey like the stones.
(b) Cool and soothing.
(c) Very colorful.
(d) Brightness or dark.
5. What does Antoinette do when she and her husband reach the boundary of the estate?
(a) She smiles.
(b) She runs towards the cottage.
(c) She cries.
(d) She thinks of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antoinette's husband's impression of the people living on the honeymoon island?
2. Who rescues Antoinette from being harassed and taunted by a mean boy and girl near the end of Part One?
3. How does the porter feel about the island?
4. Where and what is Spanish Town?
5. What is the name of the porter?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)