|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the porter feel about the island?
(a) He doesn't say.
(b) It is not civilized.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is better than Jamaica.
2. What does Antoinette say about the earth on the estate?
(a) It is slippery.
(b) It is good for growing.
(c) It is red there.
(d) It is sandy.
3. Immediately following Antoinette's description of her dream, what does the nun tell Antoinette to do after they have talked?
(a) Go back to bed.
(b) Think happy thoughts.
(d) Stay awake for the rest of the night.
4. What does Antoinette's husband question Amelie about?
(a) The curious letter she delivered to him.
(b) Where his wife is.
(c) Her argument with Christopeine.
(d) Why she is always giggling.
5. Who does Mr. Mason want to hire as servants?
(b) Baptiste and Jo Jo.
(c) Proper British servants.
(d) Mannie and Myra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Antoinette walking towards in her dream?
2. Part One is told from whose point of view?
3. What does Antoinette remember her mother wearing as Part One ends?
4. Who does Antoinette's husband decide to visit concerning the letter he received?
5. How else does Antoinette's husband describe this servant girl?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)