|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to stare at the couple when they arrived from Jamaica?
(a) Three little boys.
(c) Two women.
(d) The servants.
2. Who is Christophine?
(a) A former slave who has stayed on as a servant.
(b) A servant who lives in Spanish Town.
(c) The estate owner's best friend.
(d) A Creole woman related to the estate owner.
3. What is a glacis?
(a) A look-out tower attached to a large manion.
(b) A large fan used to keep the house cool.
(c) The French word for a glass.
(d) A large covered porch.
4. How many children does Christophine have?
(a) A son and a daughter.
(c) Twin boys.
(d) One son.
5. Where does Christophine go to live?
(a) With her son.
(b) To Trinidad.
(c) Back to Coulibri.
(d) With Mr. Mason.
Short Answer Questions
1. How else does Antoinette's husband describe this servant girl?
2. Who does Antoinette/Bertha write a letter to from her room in Part Three?
3. Who does Antoinette's husband decide to visit concerning the letter he received?
4. Why does Antoinette/Bertha think there are strange people in the house with her during her narrative of Part Three?
5. When has Antoinette been to the cottage before?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)