|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the nuns describe beauty to Antoinette?
(a) It is transcendent.
(b) It is to be greatly desired.
(c) Beauty comes from the soul.
(d) It is a mortal sin,
2. What happens to Antoinette's husband when he wakes up from his rum-induced sleep?
(a) He wanders into the forest and gets lost.
(b) He writes a letter to his father.
(c) He argues with his wife.
(d) He asks for a stong pot of coffee.
3. Where do the newly married Mason's spend their honeymoon?
(b) Spanish Town.
4. Where is Antoinette/Bertha in Part Three when she remembers her journey from the West Indies?
(a) She is lying on her bed.
(b) She is in the red room.
(c) She is in the chapel hall.
(d) She is in the estate passages.
5. What does Antoinette's husband dream happens to him after he drinks the wine Antoinette gave him?
(a) His father is calling to him.
(b) He is buried alive.
(c) He is back in England.
(d) He is lost in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grace say she believes about Antoinette/Bertha's behavior in Part Three?
2. What becomes of Pierre after the family leaves Coulibri Estate?
3. Where is Aunt Cora returning from?
4. In Part 1, why is Aunt Cora concerned about the family just after Antoinette's mother remarried?
5. Who is Christophine?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)