|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antoinette's husband's first impression of the cottage?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is ugly.
(c) It needs repair.
(d) It is awkward and sad.
2. Part One is told from whose point of view?
(a) Aunt Cora's.
3. After Grace Poole is hired, why does she believe all the servants continue working at Mr. Rochester's estate?
(a) They enjoy their jobs.
(b) They are paid very well.
(c) They are loyal to their employer.
(d) They are sheltered and safe.
4. How does Mrs. Eff describe the servants to Grace Poole?
(d) Non-stop talkers.
5. What is Mrs. Cosway's situation at the beginning of the story?
(a) She is the loving and caring mother of two children.
(b) She is an important part of Spanish Town society.
(c) She is a poor widow of five years.
(d) She is moving to England with her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Antoinette/Bertha think she will have to stay with Grace Poole?
2. Who does the Grace Poole say she is unwilling to work for?
3. Why doesn't Antoinette's husband like the her name "Antoinette"?
4. Antoinette's husband says the young girl servant who meets them at the port is of what race?
5. What is wrong with Pierre as a child?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)