|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, why is Aunt Cora concerned about the family just after Antoinette's mother remarried?
(a) Aunt Cora wants the family to move to Spanish town.
(b) Aunt Cora wants to sell the estate for money to live off of.
(c) Aunt Cora doesn't want money wasted to repair Coulibri Estate.
(d) The former slaves are angry at their former owners and pose a threat.
2. How does Antoinette/Bertha know when Grace Poole falls asleep?
(a) She sees Grace's mouth become very slack.
(b) She sees her eyes closed.
(c) She hears her snoring.
(d) She notices Grace covers her head with a blanket when she falls asleep.
3. Who came to stare at the couple when they arrived from Jamaica?
(a) Three little boys.
(b) Two women.
(c) The servants.
4. What does Antoinette/Bertha's caretaker do many nights before falling asleep?
(a) She ensures everything is in its place and the door is locked.
(b) He enjoys a cold supper.
(c) She makes sure there is plenty of coal on the fire.
(d) She drinks heavily.
5. How does Antoinette/Bertha describe her room?
(a) She finds it comfortable.
(b) She feels very safe.
(c) She says it is bare.
(d) She thinks it is pleasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Antoinette recall arguing with before her wedding?
2. What happens to Antoinette when she grows into a young lady of about seventeen?
3. How does Myra always look?
4. Why is Antoinette's marriage arranged?
5. How does Antoinette tell her husband she feels about the idea of happiness?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)