|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is meant when Antoinette/Bertha's caretaker speaks of the "situation"?
(a) It means a problem.
(b) It means a physical condition.
(c) It refers to an event that happened between Bertha and another servant.
(d) It is another way of saying a job.
2. What does Antoinette pray for?
(a) A husband.
(d) Her mother to get well.
3. What does the servant girl at the "honeymoon house" say repeatedly to Antoinette's husband?
(a) How lucky he is to be married to such a rich wife.
(b) He has been bewitched by an obeah spell.
(c) How sorry she is for him.
(d) The servant will only answer to the wife.
4. Part One is told from whose point of view?
(c) Aunt Cora's.
5. What is Antoinette's husband's impression of the people living on the honeymoon island?
(a) They are greedy.
(b) They are sombre.
(c) They are lazy.
(d) They are cheerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoinette's husband question Amelie about?
2. Who is the first new character the reader meets in Part Two?
3. How does Antoinette's husband feel about Creoles of pure English descent?
4. Why are Antoinette/Bertha's wrists swollen and red one morning?
5. What does Antoinette/Bertha think she needs to do in order to be recognized by Richard Mason?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)