Students Collect Newspaper, Internet, and Magazine Articles on Slavery, Racism, and Classism.
• Students will research articles about modern slavery, racism, and classism a day or two before the activity.
• They will bring in printed copies of the articles they find, i.e.: cut out of the paper or magazine or printed off the internet.
• Divide the class into three groups, one with each topic as their theme.
• Students will exchange information they have found, so that each group has several resources about their topic.
• Have each group prepare a short oral presentation on what they have learned about these topics.
Make a Map of the West Indies.
• Provide the class with a map of the Caribbean, and go over it with them.
• Divide the class into groups and give each group a list of the important islands and towns mentioned in the story.
• Have each group draw a...
This section contains 1,532 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)