|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT happen when the physicians come to take John away for treatment?
2. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
3. Why does Celia refuse to take Beatrice's next child as her own?
4. What makes it easy for Beatrice and Harry to continue their midnight trysts?
5. What happens at the moment that Beatrice is killed?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Celia. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of John. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Culler. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating the Culler in the story?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)