|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia say about the house at Wideacre?
2. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
3. Which of the following does NOT happen after Beatrice tells John her distress at being merely a visitor at Wideacre?
4. Where is Beatrice when the mob approaches the house?
5. Which of the following is NOT true regarding the men tearing down the fencing?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Harry and Ralph. How are they different? How are they similar? Why is Beatrice so attracted to both of them?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of John. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)