|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been a tradition for generations regarding the wheat harvest which Beatrice no longer honors?
2. Where does John drive Beatrice one day?
3. In what town does Beatrice find workers to build the fencing?
4. Why does Beatrice ride her horse recklessly during hunting season?
5. Where is Beatrice when the mob approaches the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Celia begins to show signs of strength as the story evolves. Cite at least three examples that show that Celia is growing stronger and more resilient and note why you selected the examples.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Celia, John, Julia and Richard. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)