Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Celia think is Julia's father?
2. Who does Beatrice tell John is the father of the child?
3. What does Celia say about the house at Wideacre?
4. Who does the wheat doll resemble this year?
5. Who does John accuse of betraying him as he is taken away?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Beatrice. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of girls and women in the 18th century in England. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they enjoy that 21st-century women do not?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)