Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Celia think is Julia's father?
2. Who does Beatrice tell John is the father of the child?
3. What does Celia say about the house at Wideacre?
4. Who does the wheat doll resemble this year?
5. Who does John accuse of betraying him as he is taken away?
Explain the role of girls and women in the 18th century in England. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they enjoy that 21st-century women do not?
Explain the taboo of incest as portrayed in the story. Why would the author have included such a controversial topic in the novel? Was incest more accepted in the 18th century than it is now? Explain.
There are several events of foreshadowing in the book. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)