|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT happen after Beatrice tells John her distress at being merely a visitor at Wideacre?
2. What have the people of Wideacre called upon Beatrice to do again?
3. Why does Beatrice tell Dr. Rose to keep John a little bit longer even though he is well enough to come home?
4. In what town does Beatrice find workers to build the fencing?
5. Who does the wheat doll resemble this year?
Essay Topic 1
There is much symbolism in this story regarding the wheat harvest. What does the wheat symbolize for the workers? What does it mean for Beatrice and Wideacre? How does the nature of the wheat harvest change as the story extends?
Essay Topic 2
WIDEACRE is a classic story of good vs. evil. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Harry and Ralph. How are they different? How are they similar? Why is Beatrice so attracted to both of them?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)