|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Mrs. Lacy about the estate of Wideacre?
(a) It is the largest estate in the country.
(b) It requires lots of attention.
(c) It is no longer profitable.
(d) It is getting rundown.
2. Whose infatuation with Harry angers Beatrice?
(c) Mrs. Lacy's.
3. What does Beatrice vow after her father's death?
(a) To murder Harry.
(b) To murder her mother.
(c) To implicate Harry in the murder.
(d) To get even with Ralph.
4. What words does Dr. McAndrew mouth to Beatrice as she leaves with Celia and Harry?
(a) Don't forget to write.
(b) Come back soon.
(c) I love you.
(d) Bon voyage.
5. What happens to the girls in society families like Beatrice's?
(a) They are sent away to school.
(b) They are married off.
(c) They are shut away in the house.
(d) They never get their inheritances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Beatrice elicit from Celia?
2. What does Celia refuse to let Mrs. Lacy do to Julia?
3. Whose death does Ralph plan?
4. What does Mrs. Lacy order from the apothecary for Beatrice?
5. Celia encourages feelings of love in men while Beatrice provokes feelings of _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beatrice react when she hears of how near Ralph is getting to Wideacre?
2. How are Beatrice and Ralph alike in their views of love and pleasure?
3. How are Celia and Beatrice different in appearance and demeanor?
4. How does Beatrice behave after the birth of her child?
5. What two things does Beatrice see as hurdles to her future and how does she plan to manage them?
6. When does Beatrice realize Ralph's influence over Harry?
7. How does Beatrice come to realize that she is not her father's favored child after all?
8. How does the spark of attraction begin with Harry and Beatrice?
9. What does Beatrice think is the real reason her mother wants Harry to come home from school?
10. Explain Beatrice's concept of the importance of her home, Wideacre, in the universe.
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)