|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Beatrice NOT use to describe Celia?
2. Who promises to go along on Celia and Harry's wedding trip?
(a) Mrs. Havering.
(c) Mrs. Lacy.
3. How did Meg transport Ralph's body in order to get medical attention?
(a) In a handcart.
(b) On a sled.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) On horseback.
4. Beatrice hears about ______________ leading bread riots.
(a) A missionary.
(b) A one-legged man.
(c) A union representative.
(d) A politician.
5. Who will be raising Beatrice's child?
(d) Mrs. Lacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medicine is prescribed for Beatrice so that she can sleep at night?
2. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT do after giving birth?
3. What causes Mrs. Lacy to fall ill and stay in her room for a few days?
4. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
5. What farm activity is Harry monitoring in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beatrice have to gain control over Harry's management of the wheat harvest?
2. What is the tipping point where Beatrice realizes she no longer has the upper hand over Harry?
3. How do Celia's maternal instincts give her a new, forceful personality?
4. Describe the metaphor Beatrice uses to compare her life with the land of Wideacre in the spring.
5. How are Celia and Beatrice different in appearance and demeanor?
6. How does Beatrice come to realize that she is not her father's favored child after all?
7. What impediment stands in the way of Beatrice and Ralph's taking over Wideacre and what is the plan to remove it?
8. How are Beatrice and Ralph alike in their views of love and pleasure?
9. Under what circumstances does Beatrice first meet Ralph?
10. How does the author use foreshadowing when mentioning the one-legged man?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)