|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT mentioned in Squire Lacy's will?
(a) Harry would inherit Wideacre.
(b) Mrs. Lacy would inherit a dowager house.
(c) Beatrice would inherit a dowry.
(d) Ralph would inherit 10 acres.
2. What does Mrs. Lacy order from the apothecary for Beatrice?
(a) An emetic.
(b) Sleeping potions.
(c) Herbs for nausea.
(d) Chamolile for tea.
3. What color are Beatrice's eyes?
4. Who promises to go along on Celia and Harry's wedding trip?
(c) Mrs. Havering.
(d) Mrs. Lacy.
5. What surprises Mrs. Lacy about the estate of Wideacre?
(a) It is the largest estate in the country.
(b) It is no longer profitable.
(c) It requires lots of attention.
(d) It is getting rundown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Celia's skin tone be described?
2. Who do the people of Wideacre look to for leadership?
3. How does Beatrice plan to retain a hold over Harry?
4. Who is Beatrice's brother?
5. What does Beatrice call it when Harry interacts with the people of Wideacre?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Celia and Beatrice different in appearance and demeanor?
2. Explain Beatrice's concept of the importance of her home, Wideacre, in the universe.
3. What are the circumstances of Harry and Beatrice's first sexual encounter?
4. Describe the tryst in which Beatrice learns about Harry's sexual proclivities.
5. Why does Mama think it important to introduce Celia into the household?
6. When does Beatrice realize Ralph's influence over Harry?
7. What two things does Beatrice see as hurdles to her future and how does she plan to manage them?
8. What does Beatrice think is the real reason her mother wants Harry to come home from school?
9. What is the relationship that is developing between Beatrice and Dr. McAndrew?
10. What is the tipping point where Beatrice realizes she no longer has the upper hand over Harry?
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)