|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the family members earns love and respect from kindnesses shown to the starving people?
2. What is the only thing that will rouse Beatrice from her bed during her depression?
(a) A fire in the stables.
(b) Inspecting the wheat harvest.
(c) Christmas dinner.
(d) Learning that Richard is sick.
3. What eventually kills Mama?
(a) A stroke.
(b) An aneurysm.
(c) An overdose of laudanum.
(d) A stab wound.
4. How does Celia infuriate Beatrice before storming out of the house?
(a) She wants to be mistress of Wideacre.
(b) She wants Beatrice to sign over rights to Julia.
(c) She threatens to tell John the truth about Julia.
(d) She contends that there is something wrong with the relationship between Beatrice and Harry.
5. Who is the banker advising Beatrice and Harry in the matters of Wideacre?
(a) Mr. Levinson.
(b) Mr. Llewellyn.
(c) Mr. Legrand.
(d) Mr. Lewiston.
6. Where do John and Beatrice live after their wedding?
(a) In a country cottage.
(b) In Dublin.
(c) At John's home.
(d) At Wideacre.
7. What causes Mama to pass out in the library?
(a) Paint fumes overwhelm her.
(b) Seeing Beatrice and Harry making love.
(c) She gets up from her chair too quickly.
(d) A statue falls on her head.
8. Where does John drive Beatrice one day?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To church.
(c) To town.
(d) To the sea.
9. To what does John admit he was nearly addicted?
10. How much medicine does Beatrice tell Celia to give Mama at a certain time?
(a) Two capsules at bedtime.
(b) The whole bottle.
(c) Two teaspoons before dinner.
(d) One drop before bedtime.
11. What does John determine upon inspecting the baby?
(a) He looks just like Beatrice.
(b) The baby cannot be his child.
(c) The name Richard suits him well.
(d) He looks just like his father.
12. Where is Beatrice when the mob approaches the house?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the stables.
(c) In the house.
(d) In London.
13. Who do John and Beatrice encounter while at the shore?
(a) A mother and child.
(b) A young couple.
(c) A pirate.
(d) A priest.
14. What does John prescribe for Mama's condition?
15. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT think after she is left alone in the house?
(a) She can finally rest.
(b) There is nothing more for her to do.
(c) She'll be OK if she makes it to morning.
(d) The future is in Ralph's hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the moment that Beatrice is killed?
2. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT receive on her birthday?
3. What job does Beatrice offer the town's workers who refuse to do it?
4. What is John's only purpose in life now?
5. What is Beatrice's new baby named?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)