|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Beatrice, who else dies in the mob attack?
2. Why does Beatrice tell Dr. Rose to keep John a little bit longer even though he is well enough to come home?
(a) There is influenza at home.
(b) She is renovating his room.
(c) Celia is ill.
(d) She is planning a surprise party for him.
3. What do the pirates want with Beatrice?
(d) Hide goods on Wideacre land.
4. Where is Beatrice when the mob approaches the house?
(a) In the house.
(b) In the stables.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In London.
5. Who does John accuse of betraying him as he is taken away?
6. What does John prescribe for Mama's condition?
7. What is Beatrice's second attempt to abort the child?
(a) Intentional falls.
(b) Poisonous herbs.
(c) Beating her abdomen.
(d) Primitive surgery.
8. What is Beatrice's new baby named?
9. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT receive on her birthday?
10. Why is Beatrice so conflicted about the changes that must occur at Wideacre?
(a) She is not sure she wants to give Wideacre to her children.
(b) She hopes that Harry will change his will.
(c) She thinks about killing Harry.
(d) The income is vital but she doesn't like the changes to her home.
11. Which of the following activities do the people of Wideacre NOT use the common grounds?
(a) Gathering firewood.
(d) Grazing horses.
12. How much medicine does Beatrice tell Celia to give Mama at a certain time?
(a) Two capsules at bedtime.
(b) The whole bottle.
(c) One drop before bedtime.
(d) Two teaspoons before dinner.
13. Why does Beatrice tell Harry he will never be without her?
(a) He would die without her giving him pleasure.
(b) They share the same business ambitions.
(c) She makes him laugh.
(d) They are so much alike.
14. What/who does Beatrice see at the window when lightning lights up the sky?
(a) Two dogs.
(c) A ghost.
15. In what city does Beatrice intend to sell Wideacre's wheat crop?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the people of Wideacre suffering this winter?
2. Which of the following does NOT happen after Beatrice tells John her distress at being merely a visitor at Wideacre?
3. Who indicates interest in buying Wideacre?
4. What does Ralph send Beatrice for her birthday?
5. What does Beatrice finally reveal to the family after they return from the feast?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)