|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people at the feast eat so little food?
(a) Their bellies are shrunken from starvation.
(b) Hardly anyone shows up.
(c) They don't like the food selections.
(d) They would rather drink.
2. What has the family eliminated from its meals lately?
3. What is held on the last day of the wheat harvest?
(a) A church service.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A dance.
(d) A feast.
4. What does John remind Beatrice is coming?
(b) Better days.
5. Where had John gone to visit his father?
6. Why does John say Beatrice will soon lose Wideacre?
(a) She will have to sell it to pay creditors.
(b) It is getting too big to maintain.
(c) He is going to take it over.
(d) The Culler will burn it down.
7. What is thrown at the carriage taking Beatrice, Harry, John and Celia home from the feast?
(c) Rotten eggs.
(d) Pitch forks.
8. Beatrice wants the best for Wideacre but is ultimately destroying it in her zeal. What is this literary technique called?
9. Who does Celia think is Julia's father?
(a) The Culler.
10. In what city does Beatrice intend to sell Wideacre's wheat crop?
11. Who does Beatrice tell John is the father of the child?
(d) The smuggler.
12. What/who does Beatrice see at the window when lightning lights up the sky?
(b) Two dogs.
(d) A ghost.
13. What makes it easy for Beatrice and Harry to continue their midnight trysts?
(a) They are both divorced now.
(b) John has moved back to town.
(c) Celia has moved out.
(d) John gets drunk at night.
14. What does John tell Beatrice when he returns home?
(a) He knows the children are a result of incest.
(b) He wants a divorce.
(c) He wants to renew his wedding vows.
(d) He wants to return to his medical practice.
15. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT think after she is left alone in the house?
(a) There is nothing more for her to do.
(b) She'll be OK if she makes it to morning.
(c) The future is in Ralph's hands.
(d) She can finally rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Celia refuse to take Beatrice's next child as her own?
2. What happens at the moment that Beatrice is killed?
3. What job does Beatrice offer the town's workers who refuse to do it?
4. Which of the following activities do the people of Wideacre NOT use the common grounds?
5. How much medicine does Beatrice tell Celia to give Mama at a certain time?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)