|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do John and Beatrice live after their wedding?
(a) In a country cottage.
(b) In Dublin.
(c) At John's home.
(d) At Wideacre.
2. What is Mama's condition?
(c) Low blood pressure.
(d) Heart failure.
3. What is the only thing that will rouse Beatrice from her bed during her depression?
(a) A fire in the stables.
(b) Inspecting the wheat harvest.
(c) Learning that Richard is sick.
(d) Christmas dinner.
4. Why does Beatrice tell Harry he will never be without her?
(a) They share the same business ambitions.
(b) They are so much alike.
(c) She makes him laugh.
(d) He would die without her giving him pleasure.
5. How does Beatrice pay for the entail?
(a) Land sale.
(b) Antiques sale.
(d) John's inheritance.
6. Why do the people at the feast eat so little food?
(a) They don't like the food selections.
(b) They would rather drink.
(c) Hardly anyone shows up.
(d) Their bellies are shrunken from starvation.
7. Where had John gone to visit his father?
8. Why did Giles kill himself?
(a) He was guilty about killing a man.
(b) He could not support himself through the winter.
(c) He found out that he had cancer.
(d) His wife died and he was depressed.
9. What is Beatrice's new baby named?
10. What causes Mama to pass out in the library?
(a) Seeing Beatrice and Harry making love.
(b) She gets up from her chair too quickly.
(c) Paint fumes overwhelm her.
(d) A statue falls on her head.
11. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT think after she is left alone in the house?
(a) She'll be OK if she makes it to morning.
(b) There is nothing more for her to do.
(c) She can finally rest.
(d) The future is in Ralph's hands.
12. Who tells Beatrice that Mama has died?
13. What does John determine upon inspecting the baby?
(a) The baby cannot be his child.
(b) He looks just like Beatrice.
(c) He looks just like his father.
(d) The name Richard suits him well.
14. Who does John accuse of betraying him as he is taken away?
15. What does John remind Beatrice is coming?
(a) Better days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is thrown at the carriage taking Beatrice, Harry, John and Celia home from the feast?
2. Why does John say Beatrice will soon lose Wideacre?
3. What do the pirates want with Beatrice?
4. Who do John and Beatrice encounter while at the shore?
5. What does Celia say about the house at Wideacre?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)