|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much medicine does Beatrice tell Celia to give Mama at a certain time?
(a) One drop before bedtime.
(b) Two capsules at bedtime.
(c) Two teaspoons before dinner.
(d) The whole bottle.
2. Where do John and Beatrice live after their wedding?
(a) In Dublin.
(b) At John's home.
(c) In a country cottage.
(d) At Wideacre.
3. How does Beatrice pay for the entail?
(a) John's inheritance.
(b) Antiques sale.
(d) Land sale.
4. To what does John admit he was nearly addicted?
5. What job does Beatrice offer the town's workers who refuse to do it?
(a) Fencing in the Common.
(b) Shoeing horses.
(c) Planting wheat.
(d) Making wine.
6. What happens at the moment that Beatrice is killed?
(a) The dogs howl.
(b) A hawk flies overhead.
(c) A bell chimes.
(d) Lightning strikes.
7. Who is the midwife who keeps Beatrice's secret about the baby?
(a) Ms. Mayfield.
(b) Ms. McCallister.
(c) Ms. Merry.
(d) Ms. Merrywether.
8. What does John remind Beatrice is coming?
(c) Better days.
9. What/who does Beatrice see at the window when lightning lights up the sky?
(a) Two dogs.
(b) A ghost.
10. Why does John take a trip before the baby is born?
(a) To buy medical supplies.
(b) To buy horses.
(c) To visit his father.
(d) To check on patients.
11. Where does John drive Beatrice one day?
(a) To town.
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To the sea.
(d) To church.
12. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT think after she is left alone in the house?
(a) She'll be OK if she makes it to morning.
(b) The future is in Ralph's hands.
(c) There is nothing more for her to do.
(d) She can finally rest.
13. How much laudanum did John tell Beatrice to give Mama?
(a) One drop every hour.
(b) Two drops every two hours.
(c) One drop every four hours.
(d) Four drops every four hours.
14. What is Mama's condition?
(a) Low blood pressure.
(c) Heart failure.
15. John tells Beatrice that __________ is coming.
(c) Good fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beatrice tell Harry he will never be without her?
2. In what city does Beatrice intend to sell Wideacre's wheat crop?
3. Why do the people at the feast eat so little food?
4. What is thrown at the carriage taking Beatrice, Harry, John and Celia home from the feast?
5. What is Ralph doing when Beatrice walks out of the house?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)