|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there no major Christmas party at the hall at Wideacre this year?
(a) The weather is too bad.
(b) The family is still in mourning.
(c) No one wants to organize it.
(d) There is no budget for it.
2. What does Celia ultimately want for Julia?
(a) To go to school and not return.
(b) To have a home of her own one day.
(c) To become mistress of Wideacre.
(d) To share Wideacre with Richard.
3. What is Beatrice's second attempt to abort the child?
(a) Intentional falls.
(b) Poisonous herbs.
(c) Primitive surgery.
(d) Beating her abdomen.
4. Who does Celia think is Julia's father?
(b) The Culler.
5. What is the name of the man for whom the pirate works?
6. Who is the London wheat buyer who buys Wideacre's wheat harvest?
(a) Mr. Gulliver.
(b) Mr. Gilbertson.
(c) Mr. Gilbey.
(d) Mr. Gilbert.
7. Why is Beatrice so conflicted about the changes that must occur at Wideacre?
(a) She thinks about killing Harry.
(b) She is not sure she wants to give Wideacre to her children.
(c) She hopes that Harry will change his will.
(d) The income is vital but she doesn't like the changes to her home.
8. Beatrice knows that the Culler is really ______________.
9. What had been a tradition for generations regarding the wheat harvest which Beatrice no longer honors?
(a) A harvest ball is held on the last night of the reaping.
(b) The reapers may take what is left over from the harvest.
(c) The young children earn prizes during harvest games.
(d) The oldest boys may drive the horses.
10. Who is blamed for Mama's death?
(b) Ms. Merry.
11. What does John prescribe for Mama's condition?
12. What makes it easy for Beatrice and Harry to continue their midnight trysts?
(a) They are both divorced now.
(b) John has moved back to town.
(c) John gets drunk at night.
(d) Celia has moved out.
13. What does Beatrice think needs to happen so that things can return to normal at Wideacre?
(a) Julia must be acknowledged as Harry's child.
(b) Celia must have a child.
(c) John must go away.
(d) Harry must sign Wideacre over to Beatrice.
14. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She wants a divorce.
(c) She is barren.
(d) She is having an affair.
15. Which of the following does John NOT do when he returns home?
(a) Unwrap the baby.
(b) Declare the baby was not born early as claimed.
(c) Inspect the baby.
(d) Hand out cigars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true regarding the men tearing down the fencing?
2. Which of the following items is NOT found in the special room Beatrice creates for her sexual encounters with Harry?
3. Who does John accuse of betraying him as he is taken away?
4. In what town does Beatrice find workers to build the fencing?
5. What causes Mama to pass out in the library?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)