|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the doctor who helps people recover from alcohol addiction?
(a) Dr. Rosen.
(b) Dr. Rose.
(c) Dr. Whittaker.
(d) Dr. Groves.
2. What do the pirates want with Beatrice?
(c) Hide goods on Wideacre land.
3. What sign do the villagers make in Beatrice's presence?
(a) A bow or curtsy.
(b) The peace sign.
(c) A sign to ward off witches.
(d) The victory sign.
4. Which of the family members earns love and respect from kindnesses shown to the starving people?
5. Beatrice wants the best for Wideacre but is ultimately destroying it in her zeal. What is this literary technique called?
6. What is Beatrice's second attempt to abort the child?
(a) Poisonous herbs.
(b) Beating her abdomen.
(c) Primitive surgery.
(d) Intentional falls.
7. In what town does Beatrice find workers to build the fencing?
8. How does Beatrice pay for the entail?
(a) Land sale.
(b) Antiques sale.
(d) John's inheritance.
9. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
(a) She is barren.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She wants a divorce.
(d) She is having an affair.
10. What is Ralph doing when Beatrice walks out of the house?
(a) Sitting on the ground.
(b) Sitting on a horse.
(c) Sitting in a carriage.
(d) Sitting in a wagon.
11. Who will inherit Wideacre unless Harry produces a male heir?
(d) A distant cousin.
12. Where is Beatrice when the mob approaches the house?
(a) In London.
(b) In the stables.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the house.
13. What happens at the moment that Beatrice is killed?
(a) The dogs howl.
(b) A hawk flies overhead.
(c) Lightning strikes.
(d) A bell chimes.
14. What does Beatrice think needs to happen so that things can return to normal at Wideacre?
(a) Julia must be acknowledged as Harry's child.
(b) Harry must sign Wideacre over to Beatrice.
(c) Celia must have a child.
(d) John must go away.
15. Who is the London wheat buyer who buys Wideacre's wheat harvest?
(a) Mr. Gilbert.
(b) Mr. Gulliver.
(c) Mr. Gilbey.
(d) Mr. Gilbertson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia ultimately want for Julia?
2. Who is blamed for Mama's death?
3. Why do the people at the feast eat so little food?
4. How did Giles kill himself?
5. How much medicine does Beatrice tell Celia to give Mama at a certain time?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)