Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Celia think is Julia's father?
(c) The Culler.
2. Who does Beatrice tell John is the father of the child?
(d) The smuggler.
3. What does Celia say about the house at Wideacre?
(a) It is in dire need of repairs.
(b) It is the grandest home in the country.
(c) It is too dark and damp to be comfortable.
(d) There seems to be something poisoning it.
4. Who does the wheat doll resemble this year?
(a) Julia and Richard.
(c) Beatrice and Harry.
5. Who does John accuse of betraying him as he is taken away?
6. Which of the following does NOT happen after Beatrice tells John her distress at being merely a visitor at Wideacre?
(a) He proposes to her.
(b) He comforts her.
(c) They make love.
(d) He tells her to get her own place.
7. What/who does Beatrice see at the window when lightning lights up the sky?
(a) Two dogs.
(b) A ghost.
8. Who tells Beatrice that Mama has died?
9. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
(a) She is having an affair.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is barren.
(d) She wants a divorce.
10. What have the people of Wideacre called upon Beatrice to do again?
(a) Lower their rents.
(b) Attend their harvest party.
(c) Walk among the crops to ensure good yields.
(d) Be godmother to the new babies.
11. Why does Beatrice tell Dr. Rose to keep John a little bit longer even though he is well enough to come home?
(a) There is influenza at home.
(b) Celia is ill.
(c) She is planning a surprise party for him.
(d) She is renovating his room.
12. Who will inherit Wideacre unless Harry produces a male heir?
(d) A distant cousin.
13. What causes Mama to pass out in the library?
(a) Paint fumes overwhelm her.
(b) A statue falls on her head.
(c) She gets up from her chair too quickly.
(d) Seeing Beatrice and Harry making love.
14. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT receive on her birthday?
15. What is thrown at the carriage taking Beatrice, Harry, John and Celia home from the feast?
(a) Pitch forks.
(d) Rotten eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Beatrice offer the town's workers who refuse to do it?
2. What does John prescribe for Mama's condition?
3. What do the people call the area of the cemetery where suicides are buried?
4. What tragedy does Beatrice have to face at home?
5. Who do John and Beatrice encounter while at the shore?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)