|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beatrice tell John is the father of the child?
(a) The smuggler.
2. What does John prescribe for Mama's condition?
3. Who does the wheat doll resemble this year?
(b) Julia and Richard.
(c) Beatrice and Harry.
4. How does Richard almost die when out with Beatrice one day?
(a) His carriage is struck by lightning.
(b) He swallows a bell from his rattle.
(c) He falls from his horse.
(d) He is stung by wasps.
5. What is Beatrice's second attempt to abort the child?
(a) Beating her abdomen.
(b) Primitive surgery.
(c) Poisonous herbs.
(d) Intentional falls.
6. Who is the banker advising Beatrice and Harry in the matters of Wideacre?
(a) Mr. Lewiston.
(b) Mr. Llewellyn.
(c) Mr. Levinson.
(d) Mr. Legrand.
7. John tells Beatrice that __________ is coming.
(b) Good fortune.
8. Who indicates interest in buying Wideacre?
(a) Mr. Gilby.
(b) Mr. Llewlyn.
(c) Dr. Rose.
9. In what town does Beatrice find workers to build the fencing?
10. Who tells Beatrice that Mama has died?
11. Which of the following items is NOT found in the special room Beatrice creates for her sexual encounters with Harry?
(a) Wall pegs.
(b) Saddle horses.
(d) Baby bed.
12. Who does Celia think is Julia's father?
(c) The Culler.
13. What job does Beatrice offer the town's workers who refuse to do it?
(a) Shoeing horses.
(b) Fencing in the Common.
(c) Planting wheat.
(d) Making wine.
14. How much laudanum did John tell Beatrice to give Mama?
(a) One drop every hour.
(b) Two drops every two hours.
(c) One drop every four hours.
(d) Four drops every four hours.
15. Why does Beatrice tell Dr. Rose to keep John a little bit longer even though he is well enough to come home?
(a) Celia is ill.
(b) She is planning a surprise party for him.
(c) There is influenza at home.
(d) She is renovating his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people at the feast eat so little food?
2. What have the people of Wideacre called upon Beatrice to do again?
3. How does Celia infuriate Beatrice before storming out of the house?
4. Who is able to inherit Wideacre now that the entail is complete?
5. Why does Beatrice ride her horse recklessly during hunting season?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)