|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's only purpose in life now?
(a) To save Celia and the children.
(b) To have Beatrice prosecuted for murder.
(c) To make Beatrice love him again.
(d) To return to his medical practice.
2. What is thrown at the carriage taking Beatrice, Harry, John and Celia home from the feast?
(a) Rotten eggs.
(c) Pitch forks.
3. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT receive on her birthday?
4. What do the people call the area of the cemetery where suicides are buried?
(a) Miss Beatrice's plots.
(b) Potter's Field.
(c) Poor Souls corner.
(d) Miss Beatrice's corner.
5. Who is blamed for Mama's death?
(b) Ms. Merry.
6. Which of the following activities do the people of Wideacre NOT use the common grounds?
(a) Grazing horses.
(c) Gathering firewood.
7. What does Celia ultimately want for Julia?
(a) To share Wideacre with Richard.
(b) To go to school and not return.
(c) To become mistress of Wideacre.
(d) To have a home of her own one day.
8. What does John determine upon inspecting the baby?
(a) The baby cannot be his child.
(b) The name Richard suits him well.
(c) He looks just like Beatrice.
(d) He looks just like his father.
9. Why does Beatrice tell Dr. Rose to keep John a little bit longer even though he is well enough to come home?
(a) She is planning a surprise party for him.
(b) There is influenza at home.
(c) She is renovating his room.
(d) Celia is ill.
10. Who is the London wheat buyer who buys Wideacre's wheat harvest?
(a) Mr. Gilbey.
(b) Mr. Gilbertson.
(c) Mr. Gulliver.
(d) Mr. Gilbert.
11. How much laudanum did John tell Beatrice to give Mama?
(a) Two drops every two hours.
(b) One drop every four hours.
(c) Four drops every four hours.
(d) One drop every hour.
12. What causes Mama to pass out in the library?
(a) She gets up from her chair too quickly.
(b) A statue falls on her head.
(c) Seeing Beatrice and Harry making love.
(d) Paint fumes overwhelm her.
13. Why does John take a trip before the baby is born?
(a) To check on patients.
(b) To buy horses.
(c) To buy medical supplies.
(d) To visit his father.
14. What does Beatrice finally reveal to the family after they return from the feast?
(a) The family is now debt free.
(b) She and John are divorcing.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Wideacre is on the verge of ruin.
15. Beatrice knows that the Culler is really ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the moment that Beatrice is killed?
2. In what town does Beatrice find workers to build the fencing?
3. Why does Beatrice ride her horse recklessly during hunting season?
4. What is Mama's condition?
5. Which of the following does John NOT do when he returns home?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)