|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people call the area of the cemetery where suicides are buried?
(a) Miss Beatrice's plots.
(b) Poor Souls corner.
(c) Miss Beatrice's corner.
(d) Potter's Field.
2. Why do the people at the feast eat so little food?
(a) Hardly anyone shows up.
(b) They don't like the food selections.
(c) They would rather drink.
(d) Their bellies are shrunken from starvation.
3. What has the family eliminated from its meals lately?
4. What does Beatrice think needs to happen so that things can return to normal at Wideacre?
(a) Celia must have a child.
(b) Harry must sign Wideacre over to Beatrice.
(c) John must go away.
(d) Julia must be acknowledged as Harry's child.
5. What is the only thing that will rouse Beatrice from her bed during her depression?
(a) Inspecting the wheat harvest.
(b) Christmas dinner.
(c) A fire in the stables.
(d) Learning that Richard is sick.
6. What does John tell Beatrice when he returns home?
(a) He wants to return to his medical practice.
(b) He wants to renew his wedding vows.
(c) He wants a divorce.
(d) He knows the children are a result of incest.
7. What do the pirates want with Beatrice?
(a) Hide goods on Wideacre land.
8. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT receive on her birthday?
9. How does Beatrice pay for the entail?
(a) John's inheritance.
(b) Antiques sale.
(d) Land sale.
10. Which of the following activities do the people of Wideacre NOT use the common grounds?
(a) Gathering firewood.
(b) Grazing horses.
11. Why is there no major Christmas party at the hall at Wideacre this year?
(a) The family is still in mourning.
(b) The weather is too bad.
(c) No one wants to organize it.
(d) There is no budget for it.
12. What does John prescribe for Mama's condition?
13. Which of the following is NOT a tool Harry and Beatrice use to come up with the money to buy out the entail?
(a) They borrow it from the bank.
(b) They eliminate wages.
(c) They plant additional fields of wheat.
(d) They use John's inheritance.
14. Beatrice wants the best for Wideacre but is ultimately destroying it in her zeal. What is this literary technique called?
15. How did Giles kill himself?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) He hanged himself.
(c) He took an overdose of laudanum.
(d) He drank rat poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice finally reveal to the family after they return from the feast?
2. What have the people of Wideacre called upon Beatrice to do again?
3. Who tells Beatrice that Mama has died?
4. What eventually kills Mama?
5. Who is blamed for Mama's death?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)