|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is blamed for Mama's death?
(b) Ms. Merry.
2. Who tells Beatrice that Mama has died?
3. What is thrown at the carriage taking Beatrice, Harry, John and Celia home from the feast?
(b) Rotten eggs.
(d) Pitch forks.
4. John tells Beatrice that __________ is coming.
(a) Good fortune.
5. Why does John say Beatrice will soon lose Wideacre?
(a) He is going to take it over.
(b) She will have to sell it to pay creditors.
(c) The Culler will burn it down.
(d) It is getting too big to maintain.
6. What is the only thing that will rouse Beatrice from her bed during her depression?
(a) Inspecting the wheat harvest.
(b) Learning that Richard is sick.
(c) A fire in the stables.
(d) Christmas dinner.
7. How does Beatrice stage a premature birth?
(a) Collapsing in the garden.
(b) Falling down stairs.
(c) A riding accident.
(d) An accident in the library.
8. What does John determine upon inspecting the baby?
(a) He looks just like Beatrice.
(b) The baby cannot be his child.
(c) The name Richard suits him well.
(d) He looks just like his father.
9. What had been a tradition for generations regarding the wheat harvest which Beatrice no longer honors?
(a) A harvest ball is held on the last night of the reaping.
(b) The young children earn prizes during harvest games.
(c) The oldest boys may drive the horses.
(d) The reapers may take what is left over from the harvest.
10. To what does John admit he was nearly addicted?
11. What is Ralph doing when Beatrice walks out of the house?
(a) Sitting on a horse.
(b) Sitting in a carriage.
(c) Sitting on the ground.
(d) Sitting in a wagon.
12. How did Giles kill himself?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) He took an overdose of laudanum.
(c) He hanged himself.
(d) He drank rat poison.
13. What is Beatrice's new baby named?
14. What is John's only purpose in life now?
(a) To have Beatrice prosecuted for murder.
(b) To return to his medical practice.
(c) To make Beatrice love him again.
(d) To save Celia and the children.
15. Which of the following does NOT happen after Beatrice tells John her distress at being merely a visitor at Wideacre?
(a) He comforts her.
(b) They make love.
(c) He tells her to get her own place.
(d) He proposes to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the pirates want with Beatrice?
2. What does Ralph send Beatrice for her birthday?
3. What tragedy does Beatrice have to face at home?
4. What does Beatrice think needs to happen so that things can return to normal at Wideacre?
5. How does Celia infuriate Beatrice before storming out of the house?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)