|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part does Beatrice think she has been destined to play all her life?
(a) An angel.
(b) A guide.
(c) A teacher.
2. What does Beatrice plan to use in order to get land for herself?
(a) Her wits.
(b) Her inheritance.
(c) Her guile.
(d) Her body.
3. How does Beatrice think Ralph has met his death?
(a) Mauled by a pack of wolves.
(b) In his own man trap.
(c) Shot in a hunting accident.
(d) Hanging himself from a tree.
4. What frightens Beatrice about Harry when he returns home?
(a) His physical strength.
(b) His learning.
(c) His anger.
(d) His attitude.
5. Who walks in on Beatrice and Ralph as they make love in the abandoned mill?
(b) Mrs. Lacy.
(d) Squire Lacy.
6. What causes Beatrice to faint while trying on her bridesmaid dress?
(a) The seamstress cuts herself.
(b) The dress is too tight.
(c) The room is very stuffy.
(d) Talk about Ralph.
7. Who promises to go along on Celia and Harry's wedding trip?
(b) Mrs. Lacy.
(c) Mrs. Havering.
8. How did Meg transport Ralph's body in order to get medical attention?
(a) In a handcart.
(b) On a sled.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) On horseback.
9. What land does Beatrice covet?
10. Why does Beatrice want Harry to go forward with his marriage to Celia?
(a) To get her dowry.
(b) To produce an heir.
(c) To extend the family.
(d) To have a young woman at the house for company.
11. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT consider to be a threat to her security?
(a) Celia producing a male heir.
(b) Her mother sending her away to be married.
(c) Harry falling in love with Celia.
(d) Ralph exacting revenge on her.
12. Which of the following does NOT characterize Celia?
13. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
(a) She is cunning.
(b) She is stupid.
(c) She is funny.
(d) She is cold.
14. Who will be raising Beatrice's child?
(a) Mrs. Lacy.
15. Celia encourages feelings of love in men while Beatrice provokes feelings of _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice do when Harry is sent away to school?
2. What does Beatrice do when she learns her child is a girl?
3. What does Beatrice know about Celia and Harry's relationship?
4. Why do Harry and Beatrice plan to renovate a suite on the west wing of the mansion?
5. Which of the following does Harry NOT encourage his father to give to Ralph?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)