|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which men does Beatrice hate?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The ones which make it impossible for women to own land.
(c) All of them.
(d) The farmers who work on Wideacre.
2. How does Beatrice plan to retain a hold over Harry?
(a) By acting as confidante.
(b) By threatening to tell secrets about him.
(c) By providing physical pleasure.
(d) By being his business manager.
3. What causes Mrs. Lacy to fall ill and stay in her room for a few days?
(b) A cat allergy.
(c) A migraine.
(d) A cold.
4. Who is the main character in WIDEACRE?
(a) Beatrice Lacy.
(b) Beatrice Lacey.
(c) Beatrix Lacy.
(d) Belinda Lacy.
5. Which of the following does NOT characterize Celia?
6. Who becomes enamored with Beatrice at Harry and Celia's wedding?
(a) Rev. Stone.
(b) Squire Deeds.
(d) Dr. McAndrew.
7. What does Harry think about his intimate encounters with Beatrice?
(a) They are sinful.
(b) They are legal.
(c) They are harmless.
(d) They are his destiny.
8. What does Beatrice know that Ralph really wants?
(c) Mrs. Lacy.
9. How old was Beatrice when her father took her on her first ride on his big horse?
10. What does Beatrice vow after her father's death?
(a) To get even with Ralph.
(b) To murder Harry.
(c) To murder her mother.
(d) To implicate Harry in the murder.
11. Which of the following terms does Beatrice NOT use to describe Celia?
12. What words does Dr. McAndrew mouth to Beatrice as she leaves with Celia and Harry?
(a) Don't forget to write.
(b) Bon voyage.
(c) Come back soon.
(d) I love you.
13. What medicine is prescribed for Beatrice so that she can sleep at night?
14. Beatrice hears about ______________ leading bread riots.
(a) A one-legged man.
(b) A union representative.
(c) A missionary.
(d) A politician.
15. Who does Beatrice spend time with when Henry is sick?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird had Ralph once given Beatrice?
2. Who promises to go along on Celia and Harry's wedding trip?
3. What causes Beatrice to faint while trying on her bridesmaid dress?
4. Which of the following does Harry NOT encourage his father to give to Ralph?
5. Why is the return voyage more enjoyable for Beatrice?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)