|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry think about his intimate encounters with Beatrice?
(a) They are his destiny.
(b) They are legal.
(c) They are harmless.
(d) They are sinful.
2. Why does Beatrice want Harry to go forward with his marriage to Celia?
(a) To get her dowry.
(b) To produce an heir.
(c) To extend the family.
(d) To have a young woman at the house for company.
3. What words does Dr. McAndrew mouth to Beatrice as she leaves with Celia and Harry?
(a) Bon voyage.
(b) Don't forget to write.
(c) Come back soon.
(d) I love you.
4. How does Beatrice try to abort her baby?
(a) Throwing herself down stairs.
(b) Getting thrown from a horse.
(c) Hitting herself in the abdomen.
(d) Drinking an herbal potion.
5. Who does Mrs. Lacy want Harry to marry?
(a) Cheryl Higgins.
(b) Celia Haverman.
(c) Celeste Habersham.
(d) Celia Havering.
6. What does Beatrice call it when Harry interacts with the people of Wideacre?
(a) Mixing it up with the peons.
(b) Drudging it.
(c) Playing peasant.
(d) Slumming it.
7. What surprises Mrs. Lacy about the estate of Wideacre?
(a) It is getting rundown.
(b) It requires lots of attention.
(c) It is the largest estate in the country.
(d) It is no longer profitable.
8. What does Beatrice do when she learns her child is a girl?
(a) Buys a French layette.
(b) Names her Beatrice.
(c) Names her after her mother.
(d) Refuses to acknowledge the baby.
9. What does Beatrice know that Ralph really wants?
(b) Mrs. Lacy.
10. What does Celia now regret agreeing to regarding Harry?
(a) Getting married on Christmas.
(b) Marrying Harry.
(c) Going on a wedding trip.
(d) Having a baby right away.
11. How does Beatrice think Ralph has met his death?
(a) Mauled by a pack of wolves.
(b) Hanging himself from a tree.
(c) Shot in a hunting accident.
(d) In his own man trap.
12. Who do the people of Wideacre look to for leadership?
(b) Mrs. Lacy.
13. What is a focal piece of furniture in the room Beatrice designs for herself?
(a) A wing chair.
(b) Her father's rent table.
(c) An oak buffet.
(d) A damask settee.
14. Whose infatuation with Harry angers Beatrice?
(b) Mrs. Lacy's.
15. How can Celia's skin tone be described?
(c) Milky white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lacy order from the apothecary for Beatrice?
2. What does Beatrice think is the real reason her mother wants Harry to come home from school?
3. What does Beatrice vow after her father's death?
4. Beatrice hears about ______________ leading bread riots.
5. Who will be raising Beatrice's child?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)