|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Harry learned from a problem boy at school?
(a) Sexually deviant behavior.
(b) How to cheat on tests.
(c) How to cut class.
2. What does Celia now regret agreeing to regarding Harry?
(a) Marrying Harry.
(b) Having a baby right away.
(c) Going on a wedding trip.
(d) Getting married on Christmas.
3. Which of the following does Ralph NOT envision for his future at Wideacre?
(a) Harry will become his partner.
(b) He will marry Beatrice.
(c) Beatrice will bring him coffee every morning.
(d) He will sleep on linen sheets.
4. How does Beatrice plan to retain a hold over Harry?
(a) By acting as confidante.
(b) By threatening to tell secrets about him.
(c) By being his business manager.
(d) By providing physical pleasure.
5. Why is the return voyage more enjoyable for Beatrice?
(a) She spends more time with Harry.
(b) She has a suitor on board.
(c) There are more opportunities to be in the open air.
(d) The weather is better suited for sailing.
6. Why do Harry and Beatrice plan to renovate a suite on the west wing of the mansion?
(a) To build a nursery.
(b) To hold lavish parties.
(c) To create an office.
(d) To have love trysts.
7. What type of bird had Ralph once given Beatrice?
8. What animals does Beatrice help the workers dig out of snow drifts?
9. What perversion of Harry's does Beatrice plan to exploit?
(a) His need for public nudity.
(b) His need to cry.
(c) His need to feel superior.
(d) His need for pain.
10. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT do after giving birth?
(a) Orders that the "brat" be taken away.
(b) Pushes the child to Celia.
(c) Refuses to have anything to do with the child.
(d) Holds the baby all night long.
11. Whose death does Ralph plan?
(a) Squire Lacy's.
12. What land does Beatrice covet?
13. What happens to Beatrice and Harry on the voyage?
(a) Their stateroom is robbed.
(b) They get seasick.
(c) They lose their luggage.
(d) Their passports are stolen.
14. What type of man was Ralph's father?
(a) A landed gentry.
(b) A politician.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A butcher.
15. What is the name of Beatrice's doctor?
(a) Dr. Hall.
(b) Dr. Erskine.
(c) Dr. MacDougall.
(d) Dr. McAndrews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What or who is at the center of Beatrice's universe?
2. Who is Ralph's mother?
3. Celia encourages feelings of love in men while Beatrice provokes feelings of _____________.
4. Who is the main character in WIDEACRE?
5. What would be included as part of Celia's dowry?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)