|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird had Ralph once given Beatrice?
2. What happens to the girls in society families like Beatrice's?
(a) They are married off.
(b) They never get their inheritances.
(c) They are sent away to school.
(d) They are shut away in the house.
3. Beatrice hears about ______________ leading bread riots.
(a) A missionary.
(b) A one-legged man.
(c) A politician.
(d) A union representative.
4. What does Beatrice agree to do until other arrangements can be made?
(a) Breastfeed the baby.
(b) Sew baby clothes.
(c) Cook all the meals.
(d) Care for the child at night.
5. Which of the following does Harry NOT encourage his father to give to Ralph?
(a) The gamekeeper position.
(b) The Tyack cottage.
(c) More money.
(d) Acreage at Wideacre.
6. How old was Beatrice when her father took her on her first ride on his big horse?
7. Who do the people of Wideacre look to for leadership?
(a) Mrs. Lacy.
8. What is the name of Beatrice's doctor?
(a) Dr. McAndrews.
(b) Dr. MacDougall.
(c) Dr. Hall.
(d) Dr. Erskine.
9. How does Beatrice plan to retain a hold over Harry?
(a) By threatening to tell secrets about him.
(b) By providing physical pleasure.
(c) By being his business manager.
(d) By acting as confidante.
10. Whose death does Ralph plan?
(c) Squire Lacy's.
11. Which men does Beatrice hate?
(a) The farmers who work on Wideacre.
(b) The ones which make it impossible for women to own land.
(c) The politicians.
(d) All of them.
12. Whose infatuation with Harry angers Beatrice?
(a) Mrs. Lacy's.
13. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
(a) She is stupid.
(b) She is cunning.
(c) She is funny.
(d) She is cold.
14. Which of the following does Mrs. Lacy NOT do regarding her thoughts about Beatrice being Julia's mother?
(a) She will confront Beatrice at the first opportunity.
(b) She does not want to confront Beatrice.
(c) She does not want to know the truth.
(d) She does not want to talk about it.
15. Who walks in on Beatrice and Ralph as they make love in the abandoned mill?
(b) Mrs. Lacy.
(c) Squire Lacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice realize once they land in Cherbourg?
2. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT place above her father?
3. Celia encourages feelings of love in men while Beatrice provokes feelings of _____________.
4. What does Harry think about his intimate encounters with Beatrice?
5. What promise does Beatrice elicit from Celia?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)