|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice do when Harry is sent away to school?
(a) Studies French.
(b) Learns gourmet cooking.
(c) Takes nurses training.
(d) Learns everything about Wideacre.
2. What idea of Mrs. Lacy's does Beatrice try to deflect?
(a) That Beatrice should go to college.
(b) That Mrs. Lacy should remarry.
(c) That Beatrice should marry soon.
(d) That they should try to find Ralph.
3. Which of the following does Mrs. Lacy NOT do regarding her thoughts about Beatrice being Julia's mother?
(a) She does not want to confront Beatrice.
(b) She does not want to talk about it.
(c) She will confront Beatrice at the first opportunity.
(d) She does not want to know the truth.
4. What reason does Beatrice give her mother for their not returning home as expected?
(a) Celia's poor health.
(b) Too much fun.
(c) Bad weather conditions.
(d) Going house hunting.
5. In what matter does Mrs. Lacy need Dr. Yately's help?
(a) Starting a scholarship fund.
(b) Getting a building named after the Lacy family.
(c) Letting Harry continue his studies at home.
(d) Keeping Harry from being expelled.
6. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT consider to be a threat to her security?
(a) Harry falling in love with Celia.
(b) Her mother sending her away to be married.
(c) Ralph exacting revenge on her.
(d) Celia producing a male heir.
7. What does Beatrice think is the real reason her mother wants Harry to come home from school?
(a) She does not want to be without his company.
(b) He is too young to be sent away.
(c) He is needed to work the farm.
(d) He is homesick.
8. Why does Celia chastise Beatrice regarding Julia?
(a) She is not to take Julia without permission.
(b) She must let her finish her naps.
(c) She cannot buy her any more toys.
(d) She cannot give her candy.
9. What kind of trap does Beatrice find Ralph making one day?
(a) A squirrel trap.
(b) A rabbit trap.
(c) A bear trap.
(d) A man trap.
10. What does Celia arrange shortly after Julia's birth?
(a) Return passage home.
(b) Julia's christening.
(c) Julia's layette.
(d) Plans for a nursery.
11. What part does Beatrice think she has been destined to play all her life?
(a) A guide.
(c) An angel.
(d) A teacher.
12. What does Beatrice call it when Harry interacts with the people of Wideacre?
(a) Playing peasant.
(b) Slumming it.
(c) Mixing it up with the peons.
(d) Drudging it.
13. Why do Harry and Beatrice plan to renovate a suite on the west wing of the mansion?
(a) To have love trysts.
(b) To build a nursery.
(c) To hold lavish parties.
(d) To create an office.
14. What land does Beatrice covet?
15. Who is the true heir of Wideacre?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Meg transport Ralph's body in order to get medical attention?
2. What does Mrs. Lacy know about Beatrice when she sees her at port?
3. Where is Beatrice surprised to see Ralph one day?
4. With whom does Beatrice have a romantic encounter?
5. Who becomes enamored with Beatrice at Harry and Celia's wedding?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)