|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beatrice think Ralph has met his death?
(a) In his own man trap.
(b) Shot in a hunting accident.
(c) Mauled by a pack of wolves.
(d) Hanging himself from a tree.
2. How old was Beatrice when her father took her on her first ride on his big horse?
3. In what matter does Mrs. Lacy need Dr. Yately's help?
(a) Getting a building named after the Lacy family.
(b) Starting a scholarship fund.
(c) Letting Harry continue his studies at home.
(d) Keeping Harry from being expelled.
4. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT consider to be a threat to her security?
(a) Her mother sending her away to be married.
(b) Harry falling in love with Celia.
(c) Celia producing a male heir.
(d) Ralph exacting revenge on her.
5. Who is Beatrice's brother?
6. What land does Beatrice covet?
7. Where is Beatrice surprised to see Ralph one day?
(a) At the abandoned mill.
(b) Riding to town.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In the looking glass in her mother's room.
8. Which of the following does Ralph NOT envision for his future at Wideacre?
(a) He will marry Beatrice.
(b) He will sleep on linen sheets.
(c) Beatrice will bring him coffee every morning.
(d) Harry will become his partner.
9. What item of Beatrice's does Dr. McAndrew ask for with the intention of proposing marriage to her later?
(a) Riding crop.
(b) Silk scarf.
10. What surprises Mrs. Lacy about the estate of Wideacre?
(a) It is the largest estate in the country.
(b) It is no longer profitable.
(c) It requires lots of attention.
(d) It is getting rundown.
11. What does Celia now regret agreeing to regarding Harry?
(a) Going on a wedding trip.
(b) Having a baby right away.
(c) Getting married on Christmas.
(d) Marrying Harry.
12. What does Beatrice plan to use in order to get land for herself?
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) Her wits.
(c) Her guile.
(d) Her body.
13. Who is the true heir of Wideacre?
14. What happens to the girls in society families like Beatrice's?
(a) They are sent away to school.
(b) They never get their inheritances.
(c) They are married off.
(d) They are shut away in the house.
15. What does Beatrice do when she learns her child is a girl?
(a) Names her after her mother.
(b) Names her Beatrice.
(c) Buys a French layette.
(d) Refuses to acknowledge the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia refuse to let Mrs. Lacy do to Julia?
2. Who does Beatrice spend time with when Henry is sick?
3. Whose infatuation with Harry angers Beatrice?
4. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT place above her father?
5. By what name is Beatrice referred to by most people?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)