|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What farm activity is Harry monitoring in Chapter 5?
2. What does Beatrice do when she learns her child is a girl?
(a) Names her Beatrice.
(b) Names her after her mother.
(c) Buys a French layette.
(d) Refuses to acknowledge the baby.
3. Which of the following terms does Beatrice NOT use to describe Celia?
4. How old was Beatrice when her father took her on her first ride on his big horse?
5. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
(a) She is cold.
(b) She is funny.
(c) She is stupid.
(d) She is cunning.
6. Who will be raising Beatrice's child?
(b) Mrs. Lacy.
7. What does Harry think about his intimate encounters with Beatrice?
(a) They are legal.
(b) They are his destiny.
(c) They are harmless.
(d) They are sinful.
8. Who is the true heir of Wideacre?
9. Who does Beatrice spend time with when Henry is sick?
10. What does Mrs. Lacy order from the apothecary for Beatrice?
(a) Herbs for nausea.
(b) Chamolile for tea.
(c) An emetic.
(d) Sleeping potions.
11. Which of the following was NOT mentioned in Squire Lacy's will?
(a) Mrs. Lacy would inherit a dowager house.
(b) Ralph would inherit 10 acres.
(c) Beatrice would inherit a dowry.
(d) Harry would inherit Wideacre.
12. Which of the following does Mrs. Lacy NOT do regarding her thoughts about Beatrice being Julia's mother?
(a) She does not want to talk about it.
(b) She does not want to confront Beatrice.
(c) She will confront Beatrice at the first opportunity.
(d) She does not want to know the truth.
13. How does Beatrice plan to retain a hold over Harry?
(a) By acting as confidante.
(b) By threatening to tell secrets about him.
(c) By providing physical pleasure.
(d) By being his business manager.
14. What kind of trap does Beatrice find Ralph making one day?
(a) A bear trap.
(b) A squirrel trap.
(c) A man trap.
(d) A rabbit trap.
15. What type of man was Ralph's father?
(a) A landed gentry.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A politician.
(d) A butcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words does Dr. McAndrew mouth to Beatrice as she leaves with Celia and Harry?
2. How does Beatrice think Ralph has met his death?
3. What does Celia refuse to let Mrs. Lacy do to Julia?
4. Celia encourages feelings of love in men while Beatrice provokes feelings of _____________.
5. Whose infatuation with Harry angers Beatrice?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)