|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Beatrice to faint while trying on her bridesmaid dress?
(a) Talk about Ralph.
(b) The dress is too tight.
(c) The room is very stuffy.
(d) The seamstress cuts herself.
2. What color are Beatrice's eyes?
3. Who is the main character in WIDEACRE?
(a) Belinda Lacy.
(b) Beatrix Lacy.
(c) Beatrice Lacy.
(d) Beatrice Lacey.
4. What does Beatrice do when she learns her child is a girl?
(a) Names her after her mother.
(b) Names her Beatrice.
(c) Buys a French layette.
(d) Refuses to acknowledge the baby.
5. What does Harry think about his intimate encounters with Beatrice?
(a) They are sinful.
(b) They are his destiny.
(c) They are harmless.
(d) They are legal.
6. What does Beatrice know about Celia and Harry's relationship?
(a) Harry is never going to marry her.
(b) Harry is gay.
(c) Celia teases Harry sexually.
(d) Celia is a lesbian.
7. What title does Beatrice's father bear?
8. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT do after giving birth?
(a) Pushes the child to Celia.
(b) Refuses to have anything to do with the child.
(c) Holds the baby all night long.
(d) Orders that the "brat" be taken away.
9. What does Celia arrange shortly after Julia's birth?
(a) Julia's christening.
(b) Plans for a nursery.
(c) Julia's layette.
(d) Return passage home.
10. What does Beatrice call it when Harry interacts with the people of Wideacre?
(a) Playing peasant.
(b) Slumming it.
(c) Mixing it up with the peons.
(d) Drudging it.
11. How can Celia's skin tone be described?
(c) Milky white.
12. With whom does Beatrice have a romantic encounter?
13. How did Meg transport Ralph's body in order to get medical attention?
(a) In a handcart.
(b) On a sled.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) On horseback.
14. What reason does Beatrice give her mother for their not returning home as expected?
(a) Too much fun.
(b) Going house hunting.
(c) Bad weather conditions.
(d) Celia's poor health.
15. What had Beatrice hoped would happen for her child?
(a) The child would look like Ralph.
(b) The child would be gifted.
(c) The child would inherit Wideacre.
(d) The child would look like her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia name the new baby?
2. What type of bird had Ralph once given Beatrice?
3. What does Mrs. Lacy order from the apothecary for Beatrice?
4. What does Harry do when Ralph beats him with a riding crop?
5. Which of the following was NOT mentioned in Squire Lacy's will?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)