|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Lacy want Harry to marry?
(a) Cheryl Higgins.
(b) Celeste Habersham.
(c) Celia Havering.
(d) Celia Haverman.
2. What does Beatrice call it when Harry interacts with the people of Wideacre?
(a) Playing peasant.
(b) Slumming it.
(c) Mixing it up with the peons.
(d) Drudging it.
3. Celia encourages feelings of love in men while Beatrice provokes feelings of _____________.
4. What would be included as part of Celia's dowry?
(c) Land adjacent to Wideacre.
5. What frightens Beatrice about Harry when he returns home?
(a) His anger.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His physical strength.
(d) His learning.
6. What is a focal piece of furniture in the room Beatrice designs for herself?
(a) A wing chair.
(b) An oak buffet.
(c) Her father's rent table.
(d) A damask settee.
7. What medicine is prescribed for Beatrice so that she can sleep at night?
8. What kind of trap does Beatrice find Ralph making one day?
(a) A squirrel trap.
(b) A rabbit trap.
(c) A bear trap.
(d) A man trap.
9. By what name is Beatrice referred to by most people?
(a) Miss B.
(c) Miss Behavin.
(d) Miss Beatrice.
10. What item of Beatrice's does Dr. McAndrew ask for with the intention of proposing marriage to her later?
(a) Riding crop.
(d) Silk scarf.
11. What does Harry do when Ralph beats him with a riding crop?
(a) Has him arrested.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Begs to be hit again.
12. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
(a) She is funny.
(b) She is stupid.
(c) She is cunning.
(d) She is cold.
13. What farm activity is Harry monitoring in Chapter 5?
14. Why do Harry and Beatrice plan to renovate a suite on the west wing of the mansion?
(a) To create an office.
(b) To hold lavish parties.
(c) To have love trysts.
(d) To build a nursery.
15. What animals does Beatrice help the workers dig out of snow drifts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the return voyage more enjoyable for Beatrice?
2. Who is the main character in WIDEACRE?
3. Which of the following does Harry NOT encourage his father to give to Ralph?
4. How did Meg transport Ralph's body in order to get medical attention?
5. What happens to the girls in society families like Beatrice's?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)