|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice do when she learns her child is a girl?
(a) Names her Beatrice.
(b) Refuses to acknowledge the baby.
(c) Names her after her mother.
(d) Buys a French layette.
2. What idea of Mrs. Lacy's does Beatrice try to deflect?
(a) That Beatrice should marry soon.
(b) That Mrs. Lacy should remarry.
(c) That Beatrice should go to college.
(d) That they should try to find Ralph.
3. Who is the headmaster at Harry's school?
(a) Dr. Yancey.
(b) Dr. Marley.
(c) Dr. Yarrow.
(d) Dr. Yately.
4. Why does Celia chastise Beatrice regarding Julia?
(a) She must let her finish her naps.
(b) She is not to take Julia without permission.
(c) She cannot buy her any more toys.
(d) She cannot give her candy.
5. How did Meg transport Ralph's body in order to get medical attention?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On a sled.
(c) In a handcart.
(d) In a wagon.
6. Who is Beatrice's brother?
7. Who is the main character in WIDEACRE?
(a) Beatrice Lacey.
(b) Beatrix Lacy.
(c) Beatrice Lacy.
(d) Belinda Lacy.
8. What animals does Beatrice help the workers dig out of snow drifts?
9. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT do after giving birth?
(a) Orders that the "brat" be taken away.
(b) Pushes the child to Celia.
(c) Holds the baby all night long.
(d) Refuses to have anything to do with the child.
10. What color are Beatrice's eyes?
11. Which of the following was NOT mentioned in Squire Lacy's will?
(a) Mrs. Lacy would inherit a dowager house.
(b) Harry would inherit Wideacre.
(c) Ralph would inherit 10 acres.
(d) Beatrice would inherit a dowry.
12. Who will be raising Beatrice's child?
(d) Mrs. Lacy.
13. What does Beatrice plan to use in order to get land for herself?
(a) Her wits.
(b) Her body.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) Her guile.
14. Which of the following terms does Beatrice NOT use to describe Celia?
15. How does Beatrice plan to retain a hold over Harry?
(a) By threatening to tell secrets about him.
(b) By being his business manager.
(c) By providing physical pleasure.
(d) By acting as confidante.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Beatrice hoped would happen for her child?
2. What has Harry learned from a problem boy at school?
3. What part does Beatrice think she has been destined to play all her life?
4. What does Beatrice do when Harry is sent away to school?
5. What medicine is prescribed for Beatrice so that she can sleep at night?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)