|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Beatrice when her father took her on her first ride on his big horse?
2. What perversion of Harry's does Beatrice plan to exploit?
(a) His need to cry.
(b) His need for pain.
(c) His need for public nudity.
(d) His need to feel superior.
3. Who do the people of Wideacre look to for leadership?
(c) Mrs. Lacy.
4. What does Beatrice know that Ralph really wants?
(b) Mrs. Lacy.
5. In what matter does Mrs. Lacy need Dr. Yately's help?
(a) Keeping Harry from being expelled.
(b) Starting a scholarship fund.
(c) Letting Harry continue his studies at home.
(d) Getting a building named after the Lacy family.
6. What does Harry do when Ralph beats him with a riding crop?
(a) Begs to be hit again.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Has him arrested.
7. What causes Mrs. Lacy to fall ill and stay in her room for a few days?
(a) A cold.
(b) A migraine.
(d) A cat allergy.
8. What happens to Beatrice and Harry on the voyage?
(a) Their passports are stolen.
(b) Their stateroom is robbed.
(c) They get seasick.
(d) They lose their luggage.
9. What happens to the girls in society families like Beatrice's?
(a) They are sent away to school.
(b) They never get their inheritances.
(c) They are married off.
(d) They are shut away in the house.
10. Who will be raising Beatrice's child?
(d) Mrs. Lacy.
11. Which men does Beatrice hate?
(a) All of them.
(b) The farmers who work on Wideacre.
(c) The politicians.
(d) The ones which make it impossible for women to own land.
12. What part does Beatrice think she has been destined to play all her life?
(a) A guide.
(c) An angel.
(d) A teacher.
13. Which of the following was NOT mentioned in Squire Lacy's will?
(a) Harry would inherit Wideacre.
(b) Beatrice would inherit a dowry.
(c) Mrs. Lacy would inherit a dowager house.
(d) Ralph would inherit 10 acres.
14. What does Beatrice agree to do until other arrangements can be made?
(a) Care for the child at night.
(b) Sew baby clothes.
(c) Cook all the meals.
(d) Breastfeed the baby.
15. Which of the following terms does Beatrice NOT use to describe Celia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia arrange shortly after Julia's birth?
2. Who is Ralph's mother?
3. Where is Beatrice surprised to see Ralph one day?
4. What does Beatrice wrap in special paper to keep?
5. What land does Beatrice covet?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)