|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia now regret agreeing to regarding Harry?
(a) Getting married on Christmas.
(b) Marrying Harry.
(c) Having a baby right away.
(d) Going on a wedding trip.
2. What animals does Beatrice help the workers dig out of snow drifts?
3. What does Beatrice do when she learns her child is a girl?
(a) Refuses to acknowledge the baby.
(b) Names her Beatrice.
(c) Names her after her mother.
(d) Buys a French layette.
4. How did Meg transport Ralph's body in order to get medical attention?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On a sled.
(c) In a handcart.
(d) In a wagon.
5. How does Beatrice plan to retain a hold over Harry?
(a) By being his business manager.
(b) By threatening to tell secrets about him.
(c) By acting as confidante.
(d) By providing physical pleasure.
6. Why do Harry and Beatrice plan to renovate a suite on the west wing of the mansion?
(a) To hold lavish parties.
(b) To have love trysts.
(c) To create an office.
(d) To build a nursery.
7. What is the name of Beatrice's doctor?
(a) Dr. MacDougall.
(b) Dr. Hall.
(c) Dr. Erskine.
(d) Dr. McAndrews.
8. What title does Beatrice's father bear?
9. What frightens Beatrice about Harry when he returns home?
(a) His physical strength.
(b) His learning.
(c) His anger.
(d) His attitude.
10. What does Mrs. Lacy order from the apothecary for Beatrice?
(a) Herbs for nausea.
(b) Sleeping potions.
(c) An emetic.
(d) Chamolile for tea.
11. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT place above her father?
(a) The pope.
(b) The angels.
(d) The sun.
12. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT consider to be a threat to her security?
(a) Celia producing a male heir.
(b) Ralph exacting revenge on her.
(c) Harry falling in love with Celia.
(d) Her mother sending her away to be married.
13. What had Beatrice hoped would happen for her child?
(a) The child would look like her father.
(b) The child would inherit Wideacre.
(c) The child would look like Ralph.
(d) The child would be gifted.
14. What happens to Beatrice and Harry on the voyage?
(a) Their passports are stolen.
(b) Their stateroom is robbed.
(c) They lose their luggage.
(d) They get seasick.
15. How does Beatrice try to abort her baby?
(a) Throwing herself down stairs.
(b) Drinking an herbal potion.
(c) Hitting herself in the abdomen.
(d) Getting thrown from a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What perversion of Harry's does Beatrice plan to exploit?
2. What item of Beatrice's does Dr. McAndrew ask for with the intention of proposing marriage to her later?
3. In what matter does Mrs. Lacy need Dr. Yately's help?
4. What does Harry do when Ralph beats him with a riding crop?
5. What part does Beatrice think she has been destined to play all her life?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)