|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which men does Beatrice hate?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The ones which make it impossible for women to own land.
(c) All of them.
(d) The farmers who work on Wideacre.
2. Why does Beatrice want Harry to go forward with his marriage to Celia?
(a) To extend the family.
(b) To produce an heir.
(c) To get her dowry.
(d) To have a young woman at the house for company.
3. What had Beatrice hoped would happen for her child?
(a) The child would be gifted.
(b) The child would inherit Wideacre.
(c) The child would look like Ralph.
(d) The child would look like her father.
4. What farm activity is Harry monitoring in Chapter 5?
5. What does Celia arrange shortly after Julia's birth?
(a) Julia's layette.
(b) Julia's christening.
(c) Return passage home.
(d) Plans for a nursery.
6. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT place above her father?
(a) The pope.
(b) The angels.
(d) The sun.
7. Who promises to go along on Celia and Harry's wedding trip?
(a) Mrs. Havering.
(c) Mrs. Lacy.
8. Who is Ralph's mother?
9. What does Beatrice know that Ralph really wants?
(d) Mrs. Lacy.
10. What medicine is prescribed for Beatrice so that she can sleep at night?
11. What item of Beatrice's does Dr. McAndrew ask for with the intention of proposing marriage to her later?
(c) Riding crop.
(d) Silk scarf.
12. What color are Beatrice's eyes?
13. What type of man was Ralph's father?
(a) A politician.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A landed gentry.
(d) A butcher.
14. What does Harry do when Ralph beats him with a riding crop?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Has him arrested.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Begs to be hit again.
15. In what matter does Mrs. Lacy need Dr. Yately's help?
(a) Keeping Harry from being expelled.
(b) Starting a scholarship fund.
(c) Letting Harry continue his studies at home.
(d) Getting a building named after the Lacy family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Ralph NOT envision for his future at Wideacre?
2. Why does Celia chastise Beatrice regarding Julia?
3. Which of the following does Mrs. Lacy NOT do regarding her thoughts about Beatrice being Julia's mother?
4. What do Beatrice and Dr. McAndrew do when he comes to visit one day?
5. Whose death does Ralph plan?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)