|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice wrap in special paper to keep?
(b) Love letters.
(d) Leaves and soil.
2. Who is Beatrice's brother?
3. How did Meg transport Ralph's body in order to get medical attention?
(a) In a handcart.
(b) On a sled.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) On horseback.
4. Which of the following does Ralph NOT envision for his future at Wideacre?
(a) Harry will become his partner.
(b) He will sleep on linen sheets.
(c) He will marry Beatrice.
(d) Beatrice will bring him coffee every morning.
5. What does Celia arrange shortly after Julia's birth?
(a) Julia's christening.
(b) Julia's layette.
(c) Return passage home.
(d) Plans for a nursery.
6. What type of bird had Ralph once given Beatrice?
7. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT consider to be a threat to her security?
(a) Her mother sending her away to be married.
(b) Celia producing a male heir.
(c) Ralph exacting revenge on her.
(d) Harry falling in love with Celia.
8. Who promises to go along on Celia and Harry's wedding trip?
(b) Mrs. Havering.
(d) Mrs. Lacy.
9. With whom does Beatrice have a romantic encounter?
10. What words does Dr. McAndrew mouth to Beatrice as she leaves with Celia and Harry?
(a) Come back soon.
(b) Bon voyage.
(c) Don't forget to write.
(d) I love you.
11. What had Beatrice hoped would happen for her child?
(a) The child would look like Ralph.
(b) The child would inherit Wideacre.
(c) The child would be gifted.
(d) The child would look like her father.
12. Which of the following terms does Beatrice NOT use to describe Celia?
13. What does Beatrice vow after her father's death?
(a) To get even with Ralph.
(b) To murder Harry.
(c) To murder her mother.
(d) To implicate Harry in the murder.
14. Why do Harry and Beatrice plan to renovate a suite on the west wing of the mansion?
(a) To build a nursery.
(b) To hold lavish parties.
(c) To create an office.
(d) To have love trysts.
15. What does Beatrice think is the real reason her mother wants Harry to come home from school?
(a) He is homesick.
(b) He is needed to work the farm.
(c) He is too young to be sent away.
(d) She does not want to be without his company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Beatrice to faint while trying on her bridesmaid dress?
2. Why does Beatrice want Harry to go forward with his marriage to Celia?
3. Where is Beatrice surprised to see Ralph one day?
4. Why is the return voyage more enjoyable for Beatrice?
5. What happens to Beatrice and Harry on the voyage?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)