|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Celia's skin tone be described?
(a) Milky white.
2. What causes Beatrice to faint while trying on her bridesmaid dress?
(a) The seamstress cuts herself.
(b) The room is very stuffy.
(c) The dress is too tight.
(d) Talk about Ralph.
3. By what name is Beatrice referred to by most people?
(a) Miss Behavin.
(c) Miss B.
(d) Miss Beatrice.
4. What farm activity is Harry monitoring in Chapter 5?
5. What does Beatrice agree to do until other arrangements can be made?
(a) Breastfeed the baby.
(b) Care for the child at night.
(c) Cook all the meals.
(d) Sew baby clothes.
6. What happens to the girls in society families like Beatrice's?
(a) They are shut away in the house.
(b) They are married off.
(c) They are sent away to school.
(d) They never get their inheritances.
7. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
(a) She is funny.
(b) She is cunning.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She is stupid.
8. What does Celia now regret agreeing to regarding Harry?
(a) Getting married on Christmas.
(b) Marrying Harry.
(c) Going on a wedding trip.
(d) Having a baby right away.
9. Why is the return voyage more enjoyable for Beatrice?
(a) She has a suitor on board.
(b) The weather is better suited for sailing.
(c) There are more opportunities to be in the open air.
(d) She spends more time with Harry.
10. What idea of Mrs. Lacy's does Beatrice try to deflect?
(a) That they should try to find Ralph.
(b) That Mrs. Lacy should remarry.
(c) That Beatrice should marry soon.
(d) That Beatrice should go to college.
11. What frightens Beatrice about Harry when he returns home?
(a) His anger.
(b) His learning.
(c) His physical strength.
(d) His attitude.
12. What does Beatrice know about Celia and Harry's relationship?
(a) Celia teases Harry sexually.
(b) Celia is a lesbian.
(c) Harry is gay.
(d) Harry is never going to marry her.
13. Who does Beatrice spend time with when Henry is sick?
14. Who is the true heir of Wideacre?
15. What does Mrs. Lacy order from the apothecary for Beatrice?
(a) Sleeping potions.
(b) An emetic.
(c) Herbs for nausea.
(d) Chamolile for tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Beatrice and Harry on the voyage?
2. What does Mrs. Lacy know about Beatrice when she sees her at port?
3. Why do Harry and Beatrice plan to renovate a suite on the west wing of the mansion?
4. What is the name of Beatrice's doctor?
5. Who is Beatrice's brother?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)