|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Beatrice's father bear?
2. How old was Beatrice when her father took her on her first ride on his big horse?
3. Who does Mrs. Lacy want Harry to marry?
(a) Celia Havering.
(b) Celia Haverman.
(c) Cheryl Higgins.
(d) Celeste Habersham.
4. What does Beatrice think is the real reason her mother wants Harry to come home from school?
(a) He is too young to be sent away.
(b) He is needed to work the farm.
(c) She does not want to be without his company.
(d) He is homesick.
5. What does Beatrice vow after her father's death?
(a) To murder Harry.
(b) To get even with Ralph.
(c) To murder her mother.
(d) To implicate Harry in the murder.
6. What or who is at the center of Beatrice's universe?
(a) The church.
(b) The Squire.
7. Celia encourages feelings of love in men while Beatrice provokes feelings of _____________.
8. What part does Beatrice think she has been destined to play all her life?
(b) A teacher.
(c) An angel.
(d) A guide.
9. What surprises Mrs. Lacy about the estate of Wideacre?
(a) It is no longer profitable.
(b) It is the largest estate in the country.
(c) It requires lots of attention.
(d) It is getting rundown.
10. Beatrice hears about ______________ leading bread riots.
(a) A politician.
(b) A missionary.
(c) A one-legged man.
(d) A union representative.
11. What has Harry learned from a problem boy at school?
(b) How to cut class.
(c) Sexually deviant behavior.
(d) How to cheat on tests.
12. What type of bird had Ralph once given Beatrice?
13. Why does Julia cry so much on the return voyage?
(a) She has colic.
(b) The motion of the boat frightens her.
(c) The wet nurse is ill and the child is not getting enough nourishment.
(d) She can sense the tension between Celia and Beatrice.
14. Whose infatuation with Harry angers Beatrice?
(c) Mrs. Lacy's.
15. What kind of trap does Beatrice find Ralph making one day?
(a) A rabbit trap.
(b) A man trap.
(c) A squirrel trap.
(d) A bear trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT characterize Celia?
2. What does Beatrice realize once they land in Cherbourg?
3. What does Harry do when Ralph beats him with a riding crop?
4. Whose death does Ralph plan?
5. Why does Beatrice want Harry to go forward with his marriage to Celia?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)