|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Beatrice give her mother for their not returning home as expected?
(a) Celia's poor health.
(b) Too much fun.
(c) Bad weather conditions.
(d) Going house hunting.
2. How did Meg transport Ralph's body in order to get medical attention?
(a) In a wagon.
(b) On a sled.
(c) On horseback.
(d) In a handcart.
3. Who will be raising Beatrice's child?
(c) Mrs. Lacy.
4. What farm activity is Harry monitoring in Chapter 5?
5. What does Beatrice know that Ralph really wants?
(a) Mrs. Lacy.
6. What frightens Beatrice about Harry when he returns home?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His learning.
(c) His anger.
(d) His physical strength.
7. What causes Beatrice to faint while trying on her bridesmaid dress?
(a) The room is very stuffy.
(b) The seamstress cuts herself.
(c) The dress is too tight.
(d) Talk about Ralph.
8. Who is the main character in WIDEACRE?
(a) Beatrice Lacey.
(b) Beatrice Lacy.
(c) Beatrix Lacy.
(d) Belinda Lacy.
9. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
(a) She is cold.
(b) She is stupid.
(c) She is funny.
(d) She is cunning.
10. What does Celia refuse to let Mrs. Lacy do to Julia?
(a) Paint her fingernails.
(b) Pierce her ears.
(c) Swaddle her.
(d) Curl her hair.
11. Which of the following does Harry NOT encourage his father to give to Ralph?
(a) The gamekeeper position.
(b) More money.
(c) Acreage at Wideacre.
(d) The Tyack cottage.
12. By what name is Beatrice referred to by most people?
(b) Miss Behavin.
(c) Miss B.
(d) Miss Beatrice.
13. What surprises Mrs. Lacy about the estate of Wideacre?
(a) It is getting rundown.
(b) It is no longer profitable.
(c) It is the largest estate in the country.
(d) It requires lots of attention.
14. What does Celia arrange shortly after Julia's birth?
(a) Return passage home.
(b) Plans for a nursery.
(c) Julia's layette.
(d) Julia's christening.
15. Who do the people of Wideacre look to for leadership?
(c) Mrs. Lacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of Beatrice's does Dr. McAndrew ask for with the intention of proposing marriage to her later?
2. What had Beatrice hoped would happen for her child?
3. What does Beatrice realize once they land in Cherbourg?
4. What is a focal piece of furniture in the room Beatrice designs for herself?
5. Whose infatuation with Harry angers Beatrice?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)