|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
(a) She is stupid.
(b) She is cold.
(c) She is cunning.
(d) She is funny.
2. Who becomes enamored with Beatrice at Harry and Celia's wedding?
(a) Squire Deeds.
(b) Rev. Stone.
(d) Dr. McAndrew.
3. What type of bird had Ralph once given Beatrice?
4. What medicine is prescribed for Beatrice so that she can sleep at night?
5. What title does Beatrice's father bear?
6. Which men does Beatrice hate?
(a) The politicians.
(b) All of them.
(c) The ones which make it impossible for women to own land.
(d) The farmers who work on Wideacre.
7. What does Mrs. Lacy know about Beatrice when she sees her at port?
(a) Celia and Beatrice have bonded.
(b) Beatrice is Julia's mother.
(c) Beatrice is Harry's lover.
(d) Beatrice has been cruel to Celia.
8. What perversion of Harry's does Beatrice plan to exploit?
(a) His need for pain.
(b) His need to cry.
(c) His need for public nudity.
(d) His need to feel superior.
9. What does Beatrice wrap in special paper to keep?
(a) Leaves and soil.
(d) Love letters.
10. What does Celia arrange shortly after Julia's birth?
(a) Plans for a nursery.
(b) Julia's layette.
(c) Julia's christening.
(d) Return passage home.
11. What or who is at the center of Beatrice's universe?
(b) The church.
(d) The Squire.
12. What does Beatrice know that Ralph really wants?
(c) Mrs. Lacy.
13. Who walks in on Beatrice and Ralph as they make love in the abandoned mill?
(b) Squire Lacy.
(c) Mrs. Lacy.
14. Whose infatuation with Harry angers Beatrice?
(d) Mrs. Lacy's.
15. What part does Beatrice think she has been destined to play all her life?
(a) A guide.
(b) An angel.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what matter does Mrs. Lacy need Dr. Yately's help?
2. What do Beatrice and Dr. McAndrew do when he comes to visit one day?
3. Why do Harry and Beatrice plan to renovate a suite on the west wing of the mansion?
4. What does Harry think about his intimate encounters with Beatrice?
5. Which of the following does Ralph NOT envision for his future at Wideacre?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)