|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Beatrice's brother?
2. How old was Beatrice when her father took her on her first ride on his big horse?
3. Which of the following does Ralph NOT envision for his future at Wideacre?
(a) He will sleep on linen sheets.
(b) He will marry Beatrice.
(c) Harry will become his partner.
(d) Beatrice will bring him coffee every morning.
4. Who becomes enamored with Beatrice at Harry and Celia's wedding?
(b) Rev. Stone.
(c) Dr. McAndrew.
(d) Squire Deeds.
5. What does Beatrice think is the real reason her mother wants Harry to come home from school?
(a) He is homesick.
(b) She does not want to be without his company.
(c) He is too young to be sent away.
(d) He is needed to work the farm.
6. What does Beatrice do when Harry is sent away to school?
(a) Studies French.
(b) Learns gourmet cooking.
(c) Learns everything about Wideacre.
(d) Takes nurses training.
7. What does Celia refuse to let Mrs. Lacy do to Julia?
(a) Pierce her ears.
(b) Curl her hair.
(c) Swaddle her.
(d) Paint her fingernails.
8. How does Beatrice try to abort her baby?
(a) Getting thrown from a horse.
(b) Hitting herself in the abdomen.
(c) Drinking an herbal potion.
(d) Throwing herself down stairs.
9. What or who is at the center of Beatrice's universe?
(b) The Squire.
(c) The church.
10. Who is the main character in WIDEACRE?
(a) Beatrice Lacy.
(b) Belinda Lacy.
(c) Beatrix Lacy.
(d) Beatrice Lacey.
11. Which of the following does Mrs. Lacy NOT do regarding her thoughts about Beatrice being Julia's mother?
(a) She does not want to know the truth.
(b) She will confront Beatrice at the first opportunity.
(c) She does not want to talk about it.
(d) She does not want to confront Beatrice.
12. What had Beatrice hoped would happen for her child?
(a) The child would look like Ralph.
(b) The child would be gifted.
(c) The child would inherit Wideacre.
(d) The child would look like her father.
13. Beatrice hears about ______________ leading bread riots.
(a) A one-legged man.
(b) A missionary.
(c) A politician.
(d) A union representative.
14. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT consider to be a threat to her security?
(a) Harry falling in love with Celia.
(b) Ralph exacting revenge on her.
(c) Her mother sending her away to be married.
(d) Celia producing a male heir.
15. Which of the following does Harry NOT encourage his father to give to Ralph?
(a) More money.
(b) Acreage at Wideacre.
(c) The gamekeeper position.
(d) The Tyack cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do when Ralph beats him with a riding crop?
2. Who will be raising Beatrice's child?
3. Why does Julia cry so much on the return voyage?
4. How did Meg transport Ralph's body in order to get medical attention?
5. What has Harry learned from a problem boy at school?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)