|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Beatrice when her father took her on her first ride on his big horse?
2. Who is Beatrice's brother?
3. How did Meg transport Ralph's body in order to get medical attention?
(a) On a sled.
(b) On horseback.
(c) In a handcart.
(d) In a wagon.
4. Whose infatuation with Harry angers Beatrice?
(a) Mrs. Lacy's.
5. Who will be raising Beatrice's child?
(d) Mrs. Lacy.
6. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
(a) She is funny.
(b) She is cunning.
(c) She is stupid.
(d) She is cold.
7. Who becomes enamored with Beatrice at Harry and Celia's wedding?
(a) Dr. McAndrew.
(b) Rev. Stone.
(d) Squire Deeds.
8. What does Beatrice vow after her father's death?
(a) To get even with Ralph.
(b) To implicate Harry in the murder.
(c) To murder Harry.
(d) To murder her mother.
9. What do Beatrice and Dr. McAndrew do when he comes to visit one day?
(a) Drink tea in the parlor.
(b) Stroll the grounds.
(c) Race horses.
(d) Play cards.
10. By what name is Beatrice referred to by most people?
(a) Miss B.
(b) Miss Beatrice.
(d) Miss Behavin.
11. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT place above her father?
(b) The sun.
(c) The angels.
(d) The pope.
12. What kind of trap does Beatrice find Ralph making one day?
(a) A squirrel trap.
(b) A rabbit trap.
(c) A man trap.
(d) A bear trap.
13. What surprises Mrs. Lacy about the estate of Wideacre?
(a) It is getting rundown.
(b) It requires lots of attention.
(c) It is the largest estate in the country.
(d) It is no longer profitable.
14. What causes Beatrice to faint while trying on her bridesmaid dress?
(a) The seamstress cuts herself.
(b) The dress is too tight.
(c) The room is very stuffy.
(d) Talk about Ralph.
15. What does Beatrice do when Harry is sent away to school?
(a) Studies French.
(b) Learns everything about Wideacre.
(c) Learns gourmet cooking.
(d) Takes nurses training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mrs. Lacy NOT do regarding her thoughts about Beatrice being Julia's mother?
2. Who promises to go along on Celia and Harry's wedding trip?
3. Whose death does Ralph plan?
4. What is a focal piece of furniture in the room Beatrice designs for herself?
5. What had Beatrice hoped would happen for her child?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)