|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens Beatrice about Harry when he returns home?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His learning.
(c) His physical strength.
(d) His anger.
2. What is the name of Beatrice's doctor?
(a) Dr. Erskine.
(b) Dr. Hall.
(c) Dr. McAndrews.
(d) Dr. MacDougall.
3. What does Celia refuse to let Mrs. Lacy do to Julia?
(a) Paint her fingernails.
(b) Pierce her ears.
(c) Curl her hair.
(d) Swaddle her.
4. What has Harry learned from a problem boy at school?
(a) How to cheat on tests.
(c) Sexually deviant behavior.
(d) How to cut class.
5. What does Beatrice know about Celia and Harry's relationship?
(a) Harry is never going to marry her.
(b) Celia teases Harry sexually.
(c) Harry is gay.
(d) Celia is a lesbian.
6. Which of the following does Harry NOT encourage his father to give to Ralph?
(a) The gamekeeper position.
(b) More money.
(c) Acreage at Wideacre.
(d) The Tyack cottage.
7. What does Beatrice agree to do until other arrangements can be made?
(a) Breastfeed the baby.
(b) Cook all the meals.
(c) Sew baby clothes.
(d) Care for the child at night.
8. What causes Mrs. Lacy to fall ill and stay in her room for a few days?
(a) A cold.
(c) A cat allergy.
(d) A migraine.
9. What does Mrs. Lacy order from the apothecary for Beatrice?
(a) An emetic.
(b) Chamolile for tea.
(c) Sleeping potions.
(d) Herbs for nausea.
10. Who walks in on Beatrice and Ralph as they make love in the abandoned mill?
(c) Squire Lacy.
(d) Mrs. Lacy.
11. Who does Beatrice spend time with when Henry is sick?
12. Who is the true heir of Wideacre?
13. Who is the headmaster at Harry's school?
(a) Dr. Yancey.
(b) Dr. Marley.
(c) Dr. Yarrow.
(d) Dr. Yately.
14. What does Harry think about his intimate encounters with Beatrice?
(a) They are harmless.
(b) They are sinful.
(c) They are legal.
(d) They are his destiny.
15. How can Celia's skin tone be described?
(d) Milky white.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character in WIDEACRE?
2. Why does Julia cry so much on the return voyage?
3. What land does Beatrice covet?
4. What or who is at the center of Beatrice's universe?
5. What does Beatrice call it when Harry interacts with the people of Wideacre?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)