|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes enamored with Beatrice at Harry and Celia's wedding?
(a) Rev. Stone.
(b) Dr. McAndrew.
(c) Squire Deeds.
2. What does Celia name the new baby?
3. Which men does Beatrice hate?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The farmers who work on Wideacre.
(c) All of them.
(d) The ones which make it impossible for women to own land.
4. How does Beatrice try to abort her baby?
(a) Drinking an herbal potion.
(b) Hitting herself in the abdomen.
(c) Getting thrown from a horse.
(d) Throwing herself down stairs.
5. What color are Beatrice's eyes?
6. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
(a) She is cold.
(b) She is stupid.
(c) She is cunning.
(d) She is funny.
7. Who is the main character in WIDEACRE?
(a) Beatrice Lacy.
(b) Beatrix Lacy.
(c) Beatrice Lacey.
(d) Belinda Lacy.
8. What has Harry learned from a problem boy at school?
(b) Sexually deviant behavior.
(c) How to cut class.
(d) How to cheat on tests.
9. How old was Beatrice when her father took her on her first ride on his big horse?
10. What item of Beatrice's does Dr. McAndrew ask for with the intention of proposing marriage to her later?
(c) Silk scarf.
(d) Riding crop.
11. What would be included as part of Celia's dowry?
(c) Land adjacent to Wideacre.
12. What or who is at the center of Beatrice's universe?
(a) The church.
(c) The Squire.
13. What type of bird had Ralph once given Beatrice?
14. Where is Beatrice surprised to see Ralph one day?
(a) In the looking glass in her mother's room.
(b) In the stables.
(c) At the abandoned mill.
(d) Riding to town.
15. How did Meg transport Ralph's body in order to get medical attention?
(a) In a handcart.
(b) On a sled.
(c) On horseback.
(d) In a wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Celia chastise Beatrice regarding Julia?
2. What perversion of Harry's does Beatrice plan to exploit?
3. What does Harry think about his intimate encounters with Beatrice?
4. Beatrice hears about ______________ leading bread riots.
5. Why do Harry and Beatrice plan to renovate a suite on the west wing of the mansion?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)