|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be included as part of Celia's dowry?
(c) Land adjacent to Wideacre.
2. How does Beatrice try to abort her baby?
(a) Getting thrown from a horse.
(b) Drinking an herbal potion.
(c) Throwing herself down stairs.
(d) Hitting herself in the abdomen.
3. Beatrice hears about ______________ leading bread riots.
(a) A politician.
(b) A union representative.
(c) A missionary.
(d) A one-legged man.
4. What land does Beatrice covet?
5. Who becomes enamored with Beatrice at Harry and Celia's wedding?
(a) Squire Deeds.
(b) Rev. Stone.
(c) Dr. McAndrew.
6. What does Beatrice know that Ralph really wants?
(a) Mrs. Lacy.
7. Where is Beatrice surprised to see Ralph one day?
(a) At the abandoned mill.
(b) Riding to town.
(c) In the stables.
(d) In the looking glass in her mother's room.
8. What animals does Beatrice help the workers dig out of snow drifts?
9. Which of the following was NOT mentioned in Squire Lacy's will?
(a) Beatrice would inherit a dowry.
(b) Ralph would inherit 10 acres.
(c) Mrs. Lacy would inherit a dowager house.
(d) Harry would inherit Wideacre.
10. What do Beatrice and Dr. McAndrew do when he comes to visit one day?
(a) Stroll the grounds.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Drink tea in the parlor.
(d) Race horses.
11. Who walks in on Beatrice and Ralph as they make love in the abandoned mill?
(b) Squire Lacy.
(c) Mrs. Lacy.
12. Who is Ralph's mother?
13. What perversion of Harry's does Beatrice plan to exploit?
(a) His need to cry.
(b) His need for public nudity.
(c) His need for pain.
(d) His need to feel superior.
14. What does Beatrice call it when Harry interacts with the people of Wideacre?
(a) Slumming it.
(b) Mixing it up with the peons.
(c) Playing peasant.
(d) Drudging it.
15. Which of the following does Harry NOT encourage his father to give to Ralph?
(a) More money.
(b) The Tyack cottage.
(c) Acreage at Wideacre.
(d) The gamekeeper position.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what matter does Mrs. Lacy need Dr. Yately's help?
2. Why does Julia cry so much on the return voyage?
3. What does Beatrice do when Harry is sent away to school?
4. What type of man was Ralph's father?
5. What frightens Beatrice about Harry when he returns home?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)