|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia now regret agreeing to regarding Harry?
(a) Marrying Harry.
(b) Going on a wedding trip.
(c) Having a baby right away.
(d) Getting married on Christmas.
2. What kind of trap does Beatrice find Ralph making one day?
(a) A rabbit trap.
(b) A bear trap.
(c) A man trap.
(d) A squirrel trap.
3. What color are Beatrice's eyes?
4. Who do the people of Wideacre look to for leadership?
(a) Mrs. Lacy.
5. With whom does Beatrice have a romantic encounter?
6. In what matter does Mrs. Lacy need Dr. Yately's help?
(a) Starting a scholarship fund.
(b) Letting Harry continue his studies at home.
(c) Getting a building named after the Lacy family.
(d) Keeping Harry from being expelled.
7. What does Beatrice agree to do until other arrangements can be made?
(a) Care for the child at night.
(b) Sew baby clothes.
(c) Cook all the meals.
(d) Breastfeed the baby.
8. What does Celia name the new baby?
9. Which of the following does Ralph NOT envision for his future at Wideacre?
(a) Harry will become his partner.
(b) He will marry Beatrice.
(c) Beatrice will bring him coffee every morning.
(d) He will sleep on linen sheets.
10. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT do after giving birth?
(a) Refuses to have anything to do with the child.
(b) Holds the baby all night long.
(c) Orders that the "brat" be taken away.
(d) Pushes the child to Celia.
11. What medicine is prescribed for Beatrice so that she can sleep at night?
12. Who will be raising Beatrice's child?
(d) Mrs. Lacy.
13. Which of the following was NOT mentioned in Squire Lacy's will?
(a) Ralph would inherit 10 acres.
(b) Harry would inherit Wideacre.
(c) Beatrice would inherit a dowry.
(d) Mrs. Lacy would inherit a dowager house.
14. What does Beatrice realize once they land in Cherbourg?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is homesick.
(c) She loves to travel.
(d) She hates to travel.
15. What causes Mrs. Lacy to fall ill and stay in her room for a few days?
(a) A cold.
(b) A migraine.
(d) A cat allergy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What or who is at the center of Beatrice's universe?
2. Who is the headmaster at Harry's school?
3. Which of the following does Harry NOT encourage his father to give to Ralph?
4. What is a focal piece of furniture in the room Beatrice designs for herself?
5. What promise does Beatrice elicit from Celia?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)