|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the people of Wideacre called upon Beatrice to do again?
(a) Walk among the crops to ensure good yields.
(b) Attend their harvest party.
(c) Lower their rents.
(d) Be godmother to the new babies.
2. What does Beatrice vow after her father's death?
(a) To implicate Harry in the murder.
(b) To get even with Ralph.
(c) To murder her mother.
(d) To murder Harry.
3. How can Celia's skin tone be described?
(a) Milky white.
4. Why does Beatrice want Harry to go forward with his marriage to Celia?
(a) To have a young woman at the house for company.
(b) To produce an heir.
(c) To get her dowry.
(d) To extend the family.
5. What does Beatrice think needs to happen so that things can return to normal at Wideacre?
(a) Julia must be acknowledged as Harry's child.
(b) John must go away.
(c) Celia must have a child.
(d) Harry must sign Wideacre over to Beatrice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What eventually kills Mama?
2. What medicine is prescribed for Beatrice so that she can sleep at night?
3. How did Giles kill himself?
4. In what town does Beatrice find workers to build the fencing?
5. How much medicine does Beatrice tell Celia to give Mama at a certain time?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)