|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice do when she learns her child is a girl?
(a) Names her after her mother.
(b) Buys a French layette.
(c) Names her Beatrice.
(d) Refuses to acknowledge the baby.
2. Who is the banker advising Beatrice and Harry in the matters of Wideacre?
(a) Mr. Llewellyn.
(b) Mr. Levinson.
(c) Mr. Legrand.
(d) Mr. Lewiston.
3. Which of the family members earns love and respect from kindnesses shown to the starving people?
4. Who does John accuse of betraying him as he is taken away?
5. Whose infatuation with Harry angers Beatrice?
(d) Mrs. Lacy's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Beatrice help the workers dig out of snow drifts?
2. Why does Julia cry so much on the return voyage?
3. Why did Giles kill himself?
4. What does Beatrice know about Celia and Harry's relationship?
5. What does Harry think about his intimate encounters with Beatrice?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)