|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice do when she learns her child is a girl?
(a) Names her Beatrice.
(b) Names her after her mother.
(c) Buys a French layette.
(d) Refuses to acknowledge the baby.
2. Which of the following does NOT happen when the physicians come to take John away for treatment?
(a) He is put into a straight jacket.
(b) He is given a dose of laudanum.
(c) He tries to run away.
(d) He gets into the carriage willingly.
3. What item of Beatrice's does Dr. McAndrew ask for with the intention of proposing marriage to her later?
(a) Riding crop.
(d) Silk scarf.
4. What surprises Mrs. Lacy about the estate of Wideacre?
(a) It is the largest estate in the country.
(b) It is no longer profitable.
(c) It is getting rundown.
(d) It requires lots of attention.
5. What does Celia refuse to let Mrs. Lacy do to Julia?
(a) Curl her hair.
(b) Swaddle her.
(c) Pierce her ears.
(d) Paint her fingernails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What farm activity is Harry monitoring in Chapter 5?
2. What does Beatrice know about Celia and Harry's relationship?
3. Who will be raising Beatrice's child?
4. What does Beatrice agree to do until other arrangements can be made?
5. What is a focal piece of furniture in the room Beatrice designs for herself?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)