|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice do when she learns her child is a girl?
(a) Names her Beatrice.
(b) Names her after her mother.
(c) Refuses to acknowledge the baby.
(d) Buys a French layette.
2. How does Beatrice plan to retain a hold over Harry?
(a) By acting as confidante.
(b) By being his business manager.
(c) By threatening to tell secrets about him.
(d) By providing physical pleasure.
3. What do Beatrice and Dr. McAndrew do when he comes to visit one day?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Drink tea in the parlor.
(c) Race horses.
(d) Stroll the grounds.
4. What does Celia refuse to let Mrs. Lacy do to Julia?
(a) Pierce her ears.
(b) Paint her fingernails.
(c) Swaddle her.
(d) Curl her hair.
5. What does Mrs. Lacy know about Beatrice when she sees her at port?
(a) Celia and Beatrice have bonded.
(b) Beatrice has been cruel to Celia.
(c) Beatrice is Harry's lover.
(d) Beatrice is Julia's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town does Beatrice find workers to build the fencing?
2. Who do the people of Wideacre look to for leadership?
3. What does Beatrice tell Harry about Celia?
4. Why does Julia cry so much on the return voyage?
5. What does Celia name the new baby?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)