|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Harry and Beatrice plan to renovate a suite on the west wing of the mansion?
(a) To create an office.
(b) To hold lavish parties.
(c) To build a nursery.
(d) To have love trysts.
2. Which of the following does Mrs. Lacy NOT do regarding her thoughts about Beatrice being Julia's mother?
(a) She does not want to talk about it.
(b) She does not want to confront Beatrice.
(c) She will confront Beatrice at the first opportunity.
(d) She does not want to know the truth.
3. Why is Beatrice so conflicted about the changes that must occur at Wideacre?
(a) She hopes that Harry will change his will.
(b) She is not sure she wants to give Wideacre to her children.
(c) She thinks about killing Harry.
(d) The income is vital but she doesn't like the changes to her home.
4. Whose infatuation with Harry angers Beatrice?
(c) Mrs. Lacy's.
5. Which men does Beatrice hate?
(a) The ones which make it impossible for women to own land.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The farmers who work on Wideacre.
(d) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia refuse to let Mrs. Lacy do to Julia?
2. What does Beatrice think needs to happen so that things can return to normal at Wideacre?
3. Who does Mrs. Lacy want Harry to marry?
4. What does Mrs. Lacy know about Beatrice when she sees her at port?
5. What is a focal piece of furniture in the room Beatrice designs for herself?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)