Chapters 1 and 2
1. Who is the main character in WIDEACRE?
(a) Beatrice Lacey.
(b) Belinda Lacy.
(c) Beatrice Lacy.
(d) Beatrix Lacy.
2. By what name is Beatrice referred to by most people?
(b) Miss Behavin.
(c) Miss B.
(d) Miss Beatrice.
3. What or who is at the center of Beatrice's universe?
(c) The Squire.
(d) The church.
4. Which of the following does Beatrice NOT place above her father?
(b) The sun.
(c) The pope.
(d) The angels.
5. What title does Beatrice's father bear?
6. How old was Beatrice when her father took her on her first ride on his big horse?
7. Who is Beatrice's brother?
8. Who does Beatrice spend time with when Henry is sick?
9. What does Beatrice do when Harry is sent away to school?
(a) Learns everything about Wideacre.
(b) Takes nurses training.
(c) Learns gourmet cooking.
(d) Studies French.
10. What happens to the girls in society families like Beatrice's?
(a) They are shut away in the house.
(b) They are sent away to school.
(c) They never get their inheritances.
(d) They are married off.
This section contains 4,266 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)