Chapters 1 and 2
• Beatrice, called Miss Beatrice by almost everyone because of her position in the family, believes Wideacre to be at the center of the universe.
• Beatrice is only four years old when her father, the Squire, takes her for a ride on his big horse for the first time and she loves it.
• Beatrice spends much of her time exploring Wideacre and learning about how the estate runs.
• Beatrice's brother, Harry, is prone to illness so Beatrice explores alone and one day meets a boy named Ralph and they become friends.
• Eventually Harry is sent away to school and Beatrice remains at Wideacre, becoming familiar with the estate and all the people who live and work on it.
• Beatrice understands that girls cannot inherit and are sent away to be married but she never believes this will happen to her because she loves the land so much...
This section contains 2,348 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)