|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fiyero drop a contribution in the poor box of the unionist chapel in St. Glinda's Square?
2. What was the room originally where Elphaba was living when Fiyero followed her?
3. How far across the city did Fiyero follow Elphaba after she left the unionist chapel?
4. Where does Sarima allow Elphaba and Liir to stay during the winter?
5. How many years after graduating from Shiz University, does FIyero stop at a unionist chapel in St. Glinda's Square?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elphaba see when she approaches Colwen Grounds?
2. Who is Elphaba supposed to kill and why doesn't she kill the target?
3. What presents does Fiyero send to his wife and children and how does he send them?
4. What is the Cow's life like who is given to Nessarose as payment for putting a spell on an axe?
5. What is a Grimmerie?
6. Who gave Elphaba her broom and why?
7. What does Liir say that a fish told him when he was in the fish well?
8. Why is Fiyero in the Emerald City when he meets Elphaba?
9. In midsummer in 'In the Vinkus', what news is learned of Nessarose?
10. Why does Fiyero bring decorations for Elphaba?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Gale Force are soldiers free reign by the Wizard. How do the Gale Forcers help the Wizard rule Oz, and what tactics do they use to help the Wizard maintain power?
Essay Topic 2
Elphaba had to be a part of her father's efforts to convert the Quadling people. How did being a part of her father's missionary efforts affect Elphaba throughout her life?
Essay Topic 3
Elphaba and her birth are unusual. Explain what is unusual about her birth and what is different about Elphaba herself.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)