|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III, how long has it been since Elphaba said goodbye to Glinda?
2. What city did Elphaba live in when she was ten?
3. Who does Fiyero tell Elphaba that he thinks Glinda has married?
4. What does Sarima serve Elphaba for dinner the first time they meet?
5. What is the name of Elphaba's cat?
Short Essay Questions
1. In midsummer in 'In the Vinkus', what news is learned of Nessarose?
2. Why did Frex ask Elphaba to come to Colwen Grounds?
3. Who is Elphaba supposed to kill and why doesn't she kill the target?
4. What does Frex say about Nessarose's shoes?
5. Who brought the Grimmerie to Kiamo Ko?
6. What is the Cow's life like who is given to Nessarose as payment for putting a spell on an axe?
7. Why does an old woman want Nessarose do something about a woodcutter?
8. What does Liir say that a fish told him when he was in the fish well?
9. What is the room like where Elphaba lives in City of the Emeralds?
10. What does the Gale Forcer look like who kills a Bear cub?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 2
Elphaba has a private audience with Princess Nastoya. Why did Elphaba speak to the princess alone, and why did that conversation lead to Elphaba's request to return to the princess?
Essay Topic 3
Liir learns the name of his father. Who is Liir's father and why didn't he know his father or mother's names?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)