|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Sarima's children when Elphaba arrives in "The Jasper Gates of Kaimo Ko"?
2. Where was Fiyero headed before he saw Elphaba in the unionist chapel?
3. Where had Fiyero had experience stalking animals?
4. What are the name of the monastic women who live in the chapel in St. Glinda's Square?
5. In Part III, how old is Elphaba's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fiyero see from the window of a cafe?
2. What is a Grimmerie?
3. Who is Elphaba supposed to kill and why doesn't she kill the target?
4. What does the Gale Forcer look like who kills a Bear cub?
5. Why is Fiyero in the Emerald City when he meets Elphaba?
6. Why does Fiyero bring decorations for Elphaba?
7. Who brought the Grimmerie to Kiamo Ko?
8. What is the room like where Elphaba lives in City of the Emeralds?
9. What does Fiyero tell Elphaba about his life?
10. How did Nanny find Elphaba in 'In the Vinkus'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nessarose dies when a tornado drops a house upon her head. How does Nessarose's death affect her subjects? Does it seem that her death will improve or worsen the political climate in Munchkinland?
Essay Topic 2
Elphaba and her birth are unusual. Explain what is unusual about her birth and what is different about Elphaba herself.
Essay Topic 3
Malena and Frex are married, but spend little time together. Why does the couple spend so much time apart, and how does it affect their marriage?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)