|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part IV, Chapter 3, what time does the caravan pull up to the edge of the Scrow Camp?
2. Who is responsible for the death of the cook?
3. How many members of the Grasstrail Train were ordered to go by camel to the Scrow shrine?
4. What is the name of Elphaba's cat?
5. How many years did Elphaba spend on the ward of the incurables?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who brought the Grimmerie to Kiamo Ko?
2. Why did Frex ask Elphaba to come to Colwen Grounds?
3. Why does Fiyero bring decorations for Elphaba?
4. What is the Cow's life like who is given to Nessarose as payment for putting a spell on an axe?
5. Why is Fiyero in the Emerald City when he meets Elphaba?
6. Who gave Elphaba her broom and why?
7. What does Elphaba say about the Gale Force?
8. What does Liir say that a fish told him when he was in the fish well?
9. Who is Elphaba supposed to kill and why doesn't she kill the target?
10. What was the town of Qhoyre like when Elphaba lived there when she was ten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The journey into the Vinkus is dangerous. What were dangers on a journey into that region, and how did Elphaba and her companions avoid the dangers?
Essay Topic 2
Nessarose dies when a tornado drops a house upon her head. How does Nessarose's death affect her subjects? Does it seem that her death will improve or worsen the political climate in Munchkinland?
Essay Topic 3
Elphaba leaves the maunery. Why does she leave after seven years there?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)