|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Fiyero had experience stalking animals?
2. What type of flowers were in the cranium of an elephant in Elphaba's room where she was living?
3. Near what was the place where Elphaba stopped and got out her key when Fiyero was following her?
4. How far across the city did Fiyero follow Elphaba after she left the unionist chapel?
5. How long was Elphaba in a deathly sleep when she first went to the mauntery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nanny find Elphaba in 'In the Vinkus'?
2. Why did Frex ask Elphaba to come to Colwen Grounds?
3. Why does an old woman want Nessarose do something about a woodcutter?
4. What does Liir say that a fish told him when he was in the fish well?
5. What is the room like where Elphaba lives in City of the Emeralds?
6. Who is Elphaba supposed to kill and why doesn't she kill the target?
7. What does Fiyero see from the window of a cafe?
8. What does Fiyero know about Boq when he meets Elphaba?
9. Why is Fiyero in the Emerald City when he meets Elphaba?
10. What is a Grimmerie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elphaba had to be a part of her father's efforts to convert the Quadling people. How did being a part of her father's missionary efforts affect Elphaba throughout her life?
Essay Topic 2
The Gale Force are soldiers free reign by the Wizard. How do the Gale Forcers help the Wizard rule Oz, and what tactics do they use to help the Wizard maintain power?
Essay Topic 3
Nanny was Malena's nurse when Malena was a child. Why is Nanny called out of retirement, and what role does she play in the lives of Malena's children?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)