|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elphaba's code name in Part III?
2. How old is Elphaba in Part III?
3. Who is responsible for the death of the cook?
4. Where was Fiyero headed before he saw Elphaba in the unionist chapel?
5. How old is Nanny when she comes to Kiamo Ko?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elphaba say about the Gale Force?
2. What is the Cow's life like who is given to Nessarose as payment for putting a spell on an axe?
3. What does Elphaba see when she approaches Colwen Grounds?
4. What is a Grimmerie?
5. In midsummer in 'In the Vinkus', what news is learned of Nessarose?
6. What does Liir say that a fish told him when he was in the fish well?
7. What does Fiyero tell Elphaba about his life?
8. Who gave Elphaba her broom and why?
9. What does Fiyero see from the window of a cafe?
10. What happened that caused Nessarose to secede from Oz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Gale Force are soldiers free reign by the Wizard. How do the Gale Forcers help the Wizard rule Oz, and what tactics do they use to help the Wizard maintain power?
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 3
Elphaba and Fiyero become lovers. Why do they become lovers and how does their relationship end?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)