|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Raraynee's widower husband-to-be have?
2. Why does Fiyero drop a contribution in the poor box of the unionist chapel in St. Glinda's Square?
3. In Part IV, Chapter 3, what time does the caravan pull up to the edge of the Scrow Camp?
4. How long does Fiyero wait before he sees Elphaba leaving the unionist chapel?
5. What does Sarima serve Elphaba for dinner the first time they meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fiyero know about Boq when he meets Elphaba?
2. What is the Cow's life like who is given to Nessarose as payment for putting a spell on an axe?
3. What presents does Fiyero send to his wife and children and how does he send them?
4. Why does Fiyero bring decorations for Elphaba?
5. Why does an old woman want Nessarose do something about a woodcutter?
6. What was the town of Qhoyre like when Elphaba lived there when she was ten?
7. Why did Frex ask Elphaba to come to Colwen Grounds?
8. Who gave Elphaba her broom and why?
9. What does Elphaba see when she approaches Colwen Grounds?
10. What is a Grimmerie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Malena and Frex are married, but spend little time together. Why does the couple spend so much time apart, and how does it affect their marriage?
Essay Topic 2
The Wizard is changing the rights of Animals. What rights have Animals had and how is the Wizard changing those rights?
Essay Topic 3
Elphaba and her birth are unusual. Explain what is unusual about her birth and what is different about Elphaba herself.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)