|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fiyero arrange to meet Elphaba after she is done praying in a chapel in St. Glinda's Square?
2. What is served for dinner when Nanny arrives?
3. How many years did Elphaba spend on the ward of the incurables?
4. How old is Elphaba in Part III?
5. After leaving the unionist chapel, in front of what building did Elphaba get out her key to open a door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fiyero tell Elphaba about his life?
2. What does Frex say about Nessarose's shoes?
3. Why did Frex ask Elphaba to come to Colwen Grounds?
4. What does Elphaba say about the Gale Force?
5. What was the town of Qhoyre like when Elphaba lived there when she was ten?
6. Who brought the Grimmerie to Kiamo Ko?
7. What is a Grimmerie?
8. In midsummer in 'In the Vinkus', what news is learned of Nessarose?
9. Why doesn't FIyero mind eating pork?
10. What happened that caused Nessarose to secede from Oz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 2
The Wizard is changing the rights of Animals. What rights have Animals had and how is the Wizard changing those rights?
Essay Topic 3
Elphaba leaves the maunery. Why does she leave after seven years there?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)