|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarima serve Elphaba for dinner the first time they meet?
2. What does Elphaba rescue from Killajoy?
3. In Part IV, Chapter 2, what do the Yunamata bring?
4. How many pots of black ink does Sister Bursar give Elphaba for her journey?
5. How many nights does it take before Elphaba gets her broom to hover six feet off the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fiyero bring decorations for Elphaba?
2. What is the Cow's life like who is given to Nessarose as payment for putting a spell on an axe?
3. What presents does Fiyero send to his wife and children and how does he send them?
4. What is the room like where Elphaba lives in City of the Emeralds?
5. In midsummer in 'In the Vinkus', what news is learned of Nessarose?
6. Why doesn't FIyero mind eating pork?
7. What does Fiyero see from the window of a cafe?
8. What was the town of Qhoyre like when Elphaba lived there when she was ten?
9. What is a Grimmerie?
10. What does Fiyero know about Boq when he meets Elphaba?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elphaba and Liir are given quarters at Kiamo Ko. How do Elphaba and Liir feel about staying at the castle, and how do the inhabitants feel about having them there?
Essay Topic 2
Elphaba becomes known as the Wicked Witch of the West. What did Elphaba do to give her that reputation. Was she really a witch?
Essay Topic 3
The Gale Force are soldiers free reign by the Wizard. How do the Gale Forcers help the Wizard rule Oz, and what tactics do they use to help the Wizard maintain power?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)