|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 3, what do the Amas do while their girls attend a poetry soiree?
2. What ailment does Gawnette have?
3. What is Dorothy wearing in the Prologue?
4. In Part II, how long has it been since the Wizard wrested power from the Ozma Regent?
5. How old is Elphaba when Nanny sees her for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Melena taken away from her home in the middle of childbirth?
2. What does Crage Hall look like?
3. Why have workers from the Emerald City gone to Quadling Country?
4. What is Boq's summer job?
5. What does the man look like who comes to Malena's gate in "The Quadling Glassblower"?
6. What does Nessarose look like?
7. What news of Munchkinland does Boq read in a broadsheet published out of the Emerald City?
8. What does Nanny take from Melena's when she leaves in "Maladies and Remedies"?
9. Why does a woman in a widow's shawl lead Frex away from the Time Dragon?
10. What does Frex say when Nanny asks him if anyone in his lineage has had green skin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elphaba and Liir are given quarters at Kiamo Ko. How do Elphaba and Liir feel about staying at the castle, and how do the inhabitants feel about having them there?
Essay Topic 2
Malena and Frex are married, but spend little time together. Why does the couple spend so much time apart, and how does it affect their marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Glinda and Elphaba quarrel and never see one another again. Why do the two women quarrel? Why does Elphaba think that Glinda exerted authority where Glinda had no authority?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)