|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melena serve Frexspar for breakfast at the beginning of Part I?
2. How old was Melena when she met Ozma the Bilious?
3. What can Boq smell when he meets Galinda in the garden for the first time?
4. How many hours a day does Galinda spend curling her hair?
5. Where will Boq work during the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Melena's child look like when she is born?
2. What does Nanny decide that Elphaba needs in "Child's Play" and how does she help the girl get what she needs?
3. What does Nanny take from Melena's when she leaves in "Maladies and Remedies"?
4. How did Doctor Dillamond get the opportunity to go to college and become a professor?
5. What happens if Elphaba isn't tied down as a baby?
6. What does the man look like who comes to Malena's gate in "The Quadling Glassblower"?
7. What news of Munchkinland does Boq read in a broadsheet published out of the Emerald City?
8. What is the Clock of the Time Dragon?
9. What does Crage Hall look like?
10. Why does a woman in a widow's shawl lead Frex away from the Time Dragon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elphaba has a private audience with Princess Nastoya. Why did Elphaba speak to the princess alone, and why did that conversation lead to Elphaba's request to return to the princess?
Essay Topic 2
Nessarose dies when a tornado drops a house upon her head. How does Nessarose's death affect her subjects? Does it seem that her death will improve or worsen the political climate in Munchkinland?
Essay Topic 3
The Wizard is changing the rights of Animals. What rights have Animals had and how is the Wizard changing those rights?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)