|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elphaba when Nanny sees her for the first time?
2. What color gown does Madame Morrible wear to the poetry soiree in Part II, Chapter 3?
3. In a manuscript Boq borrows from the library, what color shoes is the witch wearing?
4. Who or what does Elphaba see in Part II Chapter 4, that makes her stop talking and pull her cloak over her head?
5. What does Turtle Heart fix for supper after a fire is built in the yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Galinda have a chaperone when she arrives in Shiz?
2. How did Doctor Dillamond get the opportunity to go to college and become a professor?
3. What does Frex do that shows he is more concerned for Melena than she knows?
4. What does Crage Hall look like?
5. Why is Melena taken away from her home in the middle of childbirth?
6. What image on a 400 to 500-year-old codex catches Boq's attention?
7. What does the man look like who comes to Malena's gate in "The Quadling Glassblower"?
8. What does Frex say when Nanny asks him if anyone in his lineage has had green skin?
9. What does Madame Morrible suggest that Galinda study and what does she say might happen if Galinda pursues that course of study?
10. What are Galinda's choices for housing because her Ama isn't there to help her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Liir learns the name of his father. Who is Liir's father and why didn't he know his father or mother's names?
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 3
The Wizard is changing the rights of Animals. What rights have Animals had and how is the Wizard changing those rights?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)