|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, where is everyone except Boq going for the evening?
2. How many children does Gawnette have?
3. In Part II during the summer, where is Elphaba working?
4. How much younger is Nessarose than Elphaba?
5. What color traveling gown is Galinda wearing on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens if Elphaba isn't tied down as a baby?
2. Why doesn't Galinda have a chaperone when she arrives in Shiz?
3. What is Boq's summer job?
4. What does Nanny take from Melena's when she leaves in "Maladies and Remedies"?
5. What image on a 400 to 500-year-old codex catches Boq's attention?
6. What does Melena's child look like when she is born?
7. What does the man look like who comes to Malena's gate in "The Quadling Glassblower"?
8. What does Frex do that shows he is more concerned for Melena than she knows?
9. What is a Quell?
10. How did Doctor Dillamond get the opportunity to go to college and become a professor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Dwarf of the Clock of the Time Dragon appears in the novel several times. What are some times when he appears in the novel? What appears to be his role? What is his role?
Essay Topic 2
Elphaba and her birth are unusual. Explain what is unusual about her birth and what is different about Elphaba herself.
Essay Topic 3
Elphaba goes to see her father and sister. Why doesn't Elphaba stay in Munchkinland with her family?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)