|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what descent is the Ozma line?
2. What is Boq studying so hard that he doesn't want to go to the pub with the other boys?
3. In Part II during the summer, where is Elphaba working?
4. Where are Crope and Tibbett from?
5. Where will Boq work during the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boq know Elphaba?
2. Why doesn't Galinda have a chaperone when she arrives in Shiz?
3. What does Nanny decide that Elphaba needs in "Child's Play" and how does she help the girl get what she needs?
4. What is the Clock of the Time Dragon?
5. What does Crage Hall look like?
6. What does Nanny take from Melena's when she leaves in "Maladies and Remedies"?
7. What does Melena's child look like when she is born?
8. What are Galinda's choices for housing because her Ama isn't there to help her?
9. According to Nanny, how long do women go on having babies?
10. Why have workers from the Emerald City gone to Quadling Country?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 2
Nessarose dies when a tornado drops a house upon her head. How does Nessarose's death affect her subjects? Does it seem that her death will improve or worsen the political climate in Munchkinland?
Essay Topic 3
Elphaba and Fiyero become lovers. Why do they become lovers and how does their relationship end?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)