|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, how old is Elphaba's brother?
2. What gems lie in the ground in Quadling Country?
3. Second semester, where does Madame Morrible offer to put Galinda if she wishes to not be Elphaba's roommate?
4. How did Elphaba's mother die?
5. After Turtle Heart arrives, how long is Frex often gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Clock of the Time Dragon?
2. Why have workers from the Emerald City gone to Quadling Country?
3. What does Nanny take from Melena's when she leaves in "Maladies and Remedies"?
4. What does Frex say when Nanny asks him if anyone in his lineage has had green skin?
5. According to Nanny, how long do women go on having babies?
6. What news of Munchkinland does Boq read in a broadsheet published out of the Emerald City?
7. What are Galinda's choices for housing because her Ama isn't there to help her?
8. What does Nessarose look like?
9. What does Melena's child look like when she is born?
10. What does the man look like who comes to Malena's gate in "The Quadling Glassblower"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Wizard is behind a lot of the troubles and evil in Oz. How does the Wizard contribute to the problems various parts of Oz are facing?
Essay Topic 2
Elphaba and Fiyero become lovers. Why do they become lovers and how does their relationship end?
Essay Topic 3
The Dwarf of the Clock of the Time Dragon appears in the novel several times. What are some times when he appears in the novel? What appears to be his role? What is his role?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)