|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Galinda spend the summer in Part II "Boq"?
2. How many hours a day does Galinda spend curling her hair?
3. What did Nanny steal years ago from Her Ladyship's boudoir?
4. How much younger is Nessarose than Elphaba?
5. Where will Boq work during the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Melena's child look like when she is born?
2. What is the Clock of the Time Dragon?
3. What does Madame Morrible suggest that Galinda study and what does she say might happen if Galinda pursues that course of study?
4. What does Crage Hall look like?
5. What does Frex do that shows he is more concerned for Melena than she knows?
6. How did Doctor Dillamond get the opportunity to go to college and become a professor?
7. Why does a woman in a widow's shawl lead Frex away from the Time Dragon?
8. How does Boq know Elphaba?
9. What happens if Elphaba isn't tied down as a baby?
10. What is Boq's summer job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Wizard is changing the rights of Animals. What rights have Animals had and how is the Wizard changing those rights?
Essay Topic 2
Malena and Frex are married, but spend little time together. Why does the couple spend so much time apart, and how does it affect their marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Glinda and Elphaba quarrel and never see one another again. Why do the two women quarrel? Why does Elphaba think that Glinda exerted authority where Glinda had no authority?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)