|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elphaba tell Boq that she has bought for her sister in Part II?
2. What is Frexspar's occupation?
3. In Part II, what does Boq eat after he spends his summer mornings working?
4. In Part II, how old is Elphaba's brother?
5. How much younger is Nessarose than Elphaba?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nanny decide that Elphaba needs in "Child's Play" and how does she help the girl get what she needs?
2. What does Frex say when Nanny asks him if anyone in his lineage has had green skin?
3. What news of Munchkinland does Boq read in a broadsheet published out of the Emerald City?
4. What does Frex do that shows he is more concerned for Melena than she knows?
5. Why have workers from the Emerald City gone to Quadling Country?
6. What does Elphaba's hair look like?
7. What is a Quell?
8. According to Nanny, how long do women go on having babies?
9. What happens if Elphaba isn't tied down as a baby?
10. What does Crage Hall look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elphaba and her birth are unusual. Explain what is unusual about her birth and what is different about Elphaba herself.
Essay Topic 2
The journey into the Vinkus is dangerous. What were dangers on a journey into that region, and how did Elphaba and her companions avoid the dangers?
Essay Topic 3
Nanny was Malena's nurse when Malena was a child. Why is Nanny called out of retirement, and what role does she play in the lives of Malena's children?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)