|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 3, what do the Amas do while their girls attend a poetry soiree?
2. What surround the Witch as she balances on the wind in the Prologue?
3. Where does a goodwife hide Frexspar during the performance of the Time Dragon?
4. What is Elphaba eating for breakfast when Turtle Heart appears?
5. After Turtle Heart arrives, how long is Frex often gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a woman in a widow's shawl lead Frex away from the Time Dragon?
2. Why have workers from the Emerald City gone to Quadling Country?
3. What does Frex do that shows he is more concerned for Melena than she knows?
4. According to Nanny, how long do women go on having babies?
5. What does Nanny decide that Elphaba needs in "Child's Play" and how does she help the girl get what she needs?
6. What does Nanny take from Melena's when she leaves in "Maladies and Remedies"?
7. What does Frex say when Nanny asks him if anyone in his lineage has had green skin?
8. What does Nessarose look like?
9. How does Boq know Elphaba?
10. What does Crage Hall look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Glinda and Elphaba quarrel and never see one another again. Why do the two women quarrel? Why does Elphaba think that Glinda exerted authority where Glinda had no authority?
Essay Topic 2
Elphaba and her birth are unusual. Explain what is unusual about her birth and what is different about Elphaba herself.
Essay Topic 3
During her time in college, Galinda grows and matures. What events cause Galinda to mature and grow up, and what is a symbol of that change?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)