|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours a day does Galinda spend curling her hair?
2. In Part II, Chapter 2, what does Elphaba try on at Galinda's urging?
3. What does Elphaba tell Boq that she has bought for her sister in Part II?
4. Of what descent is the Ozma line?
5. What is Elphaba's first word?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Boq's summer job?
2. What does Nanny take from Melena's when she leaves in "Maladies and Remedies"?
3. What does Elphaba's hair look like?
4. What news of Munchkinland does Boq read in a broadsheet published out of the Emerald City?
5. Why have workers from the Emerald City gone to Quadling Country?
6. What does Frex do that shows he is more concerned for Melena than she knows?
7. What does Nessarose look like?
8. What does the man look like who comes to Malena's gate in "The Quadling Glassblower"?
9. What happens if Elphaba isn't tied down as a baby?
10. What does Frex say when Nanny asks him if anyone in his lineage has had green skin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 2
Elphaba becomes known as the Wicked Witch of the West. What did Elphaba do to give her that reputation. Was she really a witch?
Essay Topic 3
The Gale Force are soldiers free reign by the Wizard. How do the Gale Forcers help the Wizard rule Oz, and what tactics do they use to help the Wizard maintain power?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)