|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many horses draw the Time Dragon?
2. In Oz, where are the Sandstone deserts?
3. Before Elphaba is taken to Gawnette's, what is she stripping?
4. In Part II, Chapter 3, what do the Amas do while their girls attend a poetry soiree?
5. In Part II, Chapter 2, who entertained Ama Clutch and the other Amas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Galinda have a chaperone when she arrives in Shiz?
2. According to Nanny, how long do women go on having babies?
3. Why have workers from the Emerald City gone to Quadling Country?
4. What does Madame Morrible suggest that Galinda study and what does she say might happen if Galinda pursues that course of study?
5. What image on a 400 to 500-year-old codex catches Boq's attention?
6. What is Boq's summer job?
7. What is a Quell?
8. What happens if Elphaba isn't tied down as a baby?
9. What does Crage Hall look like?
10. What news of Munchkinland does Boq read in a broadsheet published out of the Emerald City?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 2
Glinda and Elphaba quarrel and never see one another again. Why do the two women quarrel? Why does Elphaba think that Glinda exerted authority where Glinda had no authority?
Essay Topic 3
Elphaba and Liir are given quarters at Kiamo Ko. How do Elphaba and Liir feel about staying at the castle, and how do the inhabitants feel about having them there?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)