|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Boq work during the summer?
2. What does Elphaba try to put upon her wingless bird?
3. At the beginning of Part II, where is Galinda traveling?
4. What color is Elphaba wearing when she is assigned to be Galinda's roommate?
5. What game do Gawnette's children try to play with Elphaba at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news of Munchkinland does Boq read in a broadsheet published out of the Emerald City?
2. What are Galinda's choices for housing because her Ama isn't there to help her?
3. What does Crage Hall look like?
4. How did Doctor Dillamond get the opportunity to go to college and become a professor?
5. What does Nanny decide that Elphaba needs in "Child's Play" and how does she help the girl get what she needs?
6. What image on a 400 to 500-year-old codex catches Boq's attention?
7. Why is Melena taken away from her home in the middle of childbirth?
8. What does the man look like who comes to Malena's gate in "The Quadling Glassblower"?
9. What is Boq's summer job?
10. According to Nanny, how long do women go on having babies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nessarose dies when a tornado drops a house upon her head. How does Nessarose's death affect her subjects? Does it seem that her death will improve or worsen the political climate in Munchkinland?
Essay Topic 2
Elphaba and Fiyero become lovers. Why do they become lovers and how does their relationship end?
Essay Topic 3
Elphaba and her birth are unusual. Explain what is unusual about her birth and what is different about Elphaba herself.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)