|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Ozma's hair?
2. In Part II, how old is Elphaba's brother?
3. How much younger is Nessarose than Elphaba?
4. How long after Boq meets Galinda in the vegetable garden is there an earthquake?
5. In "The Clock of the Time Dragon," where does Frexspar stop to ask if a woman can come to stay with Melena?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news of Munchkinland does Boq read in a broadsheet published out of the Emerald City?
2. How does Boq know Elphaba?
3. Why does a woman in a widow's shawl lead Frex away from the Time Dragon?
4. What happens if Elphaba isn't tied down as a baby?
5. What does Madame Morrible suggest that Galinda study and what does she say might happen if Galinda pursues that course of study?
6. What are Galinda's choices for housing because her Ama isn't there to help her?
7. Why doesn't Galinda have a chaperone when she arrives in Shiz?
8. What does the man look like who comes to Malena's gate in "The Quadling Glassblower"?
9. What does Nanny take from Melena's when she leaves in "Maladies and Remedies"?
10. What does Nanny decide that Elphaba needs in "Child's Play" and how does she help the girl get what she needs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The journey into the Vinkus is dangerous. What were dangers on a journey into that region, and how did Elphaba and her companions avoid the dangers?
Essay Topic 2
Elphaba and her birth are unusual. Explain what is unusual about her birth and what is different about Elphaba herself.
Essay Topic 3
Elphaba and Liir are given quarters at Kiamo Ko. How do Elphaba and Liir feel about staying at the castle, and how do the inhabitants feel about having them there?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)