|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Nanny when she comes to help Melena again?
2. What does Boq wear on his head when he meets Galinda for the first time?
3. In Part II, what does Boq eat after he spends his summer mornings working?
4. At what time is the clock of the Time Dragon stuck?
5. What can Boq smell when he meets Galinda in the garden for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Galinda's choices for housing because her Ama isn't there to help her?
2. What does Frex say when Nanny asks him if anyone in his lineage has had green skin?
3. How did Doctor Dillamond get the opportunity to go to college and become a professor?
4. Why does a woman in a widow's shawl lead Frex away from the Time Dragon?
5. What does the man look like who comes to Malena's gate in "The Quadling Glassblower"?
6. What is the Clock of the Time Dragon?
7. What image on a 400 to 500-year-old codex catches Boq's attention?
8. What news of Munchkinland does Boq read in a broadsheet published out of the Emerald City?
9. What does Crage Hall look like?
10. Why is Melena taken away from her home in the middle of childbirth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Glinda and Elphaba quarrel and never see one another again. Why do the two women quarrel? Why does Elphaba think that Glinda exerted authority where Glinda had no authority?
Essay Topic 2
Nanny was Malena's nurse when Malena was a child. Why is Nanny called out of retirement, and what role does she play in the lives of Malena's children?
Essay Topic 3
Malena and Frex are married, but spend little time together. Why does the couple spend so much time apart, and how does it affect their marriage?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)