|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melena serve Frexspar for breakfast at the beginning of Part I?
2. How old was Melena when she met Ozma the Bilious?
3. How old is Elphaba when Turtle Heart appears?
4. At the beginning of Part II, where is Galinda traveling?
5. Toward the end of Part I, how long has Melena known she is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Doctor Dillamond get the opportunity to go to college and become a professor?
2. What does Nessarose look like?
3. How does Boq know Elphaba?
4. What does Nanny take from Melena's when she leaves in "Maladies and Remedies"?
5. What does Elphaba's hair look like?
6. What image on a 400 to 500-year-old codex catches Boq's attention?
7. What does Frex do that shows he is more concerned for Melena than she knows?
8. What is the Clock of the Time Dragon?
9. What does Crage Hall look like?
10. Why is Melena taken away from her home in the middle of childbirth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elphaba and Fiyero become lovers. Why do they become lovers and how does their relationship end?
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 3
Elphaba has a private audience with Princess Nastoya. Why did Elphaba speak to the princess alone, and why did that conversation lead to Elphaba's request to return to the princess?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)