|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Oz, where are the Sandstone deserts?
2. Where does a goodwife hide Frexspar during the performance of the Time Dragon?
3. What is Elphaba's first word?
4. How did Elphaba's mother die?
5. When Boq is helping with Doctor Dillamond's research, how often do he and Elphaba meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Galinda's choices for housing because her Ama isn't there to help her?
2. How did Doctor Dillamond get the opportunity to go to college and become a professor?
3. What is the Clock of the Time Dragon?
4. What happens if Elphaba isn't tied down as a baby?
5. Why have workers from the Emerald City gone to Quadling Country?
6. What does Nanny take from Melena's when she leaves in "Maladies and Remedies"?
7. What does Melena's child look like when she is born?
8. Why is Melena taken away from her home in the middle of childbirth?
9. How does Boq know Elphaba?
10. What does Madame Morrible suggest that Galinda study and what does she say might happen if Galinda pursues that course of study?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nanny was Malena's nurse when Malena was a child. Why is Nanny called out of retirement, and what role does she play in the lives of Malena's children?
Essay Topic 2
The journey into the Vinkus is dangerous. What were dangers on a journey into that region, and how did Elphaba and her companions avoid the dangers?
Essay Topic 3
Elphaba becomes known as the Wicked Witch of the West. What did Elphaba do to give her that reputation. Was she really a witch?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)