|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gems lie in the ground in Quadling Country?
2. How many years have various Ozmas ruled Oz?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 75 years.
3. What game do Gawnette's children try to play with Elphaba at first?
(a) Relay game.
4. Second semester, where does Madame Morrible offer to put Galinda if she wishes to not be Elphaba's roommate?
(a) Blue dormitory.
(b) White dormitory.
(c) Yellow dormitory.
(d) Pink dormitory.
5. In Oz, where are the Sandstone deserts?
(a) North and west.
(b) East and south.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what descent is the Ozma line?
2. In Part II, how long does it take to get from where Galinda spends the summer to Shiz?
3. Toward the end of Part I, how long has Melena known she is pregnant?
4. What does Boq wear on his head when he meets Galinda for the first time?
5. What does Melena serve Frexspar for breakfast at the beginning of Part I?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Galinda have a chaperone when she arrives in Shiz?
2. What does Elphaba's hair look like?
3. What does Nanny decide that Elphaba needs in "Child's Play" and how does she help the girl get what she needs?
4. Why does a woman in a widow's shawl lead Frex away from the Time Dragon?
5. What image on a 400 to 500-year-old codex catches Boq's attention?
6. Why have workers from the Emerald City gone to Quadling Country?
7. What does Madame Morrible suggest that Galinda study and what does she say might happen if Galinda pursues that course of study?
8. How does Boq know Elphaba?
9. What are Galinda's choices for housing because her Ama isn't there to help her?
10. What news of Munchkinland does Boq read in a broadsheet published out of the Emerald City?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)