|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours a day does Galinda spend curling her hair?
(a) 1 1/2.
2. How old is Elphaba when Turtle Heart appears?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 11 months.
(d) 1 1/2 years old.
3. What surround the Witch as she balances on the wind in the Prologue?
(b) Black and white thunderheads.
(c) White and purple summer thunderheads.
4. What does Madame Morrible suggest that Galinda study during the second semester of Galinda's first year in college?
5. What can Boq smell when he meets Galinda in the garden for the first time?
(a) Rose water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nanny steal years ago from Her Ladyship's boudoir?
2. In Part II, how long does it take to get from where Galinda spends the summer to Shiz?
3. How old is Galinda when she is traveling on the train in Part II?
4. What color gown does Madame Morrible wear to the poetry soiree in Part II, Chapter 3?
5. What does Frex whittle for Elphaba?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man look like who comes to Malena's gate in "The Quadling Glassblower"?
2. How does Boq know Elphaba?
3. Why doesn't Galinda have a chaperone when she arrives in Shiz?
4. How did Doctor Dillamond get the opportunity to go to college and become a professor?
5. What does Melena's child look like when she is born?
6. What does Nanny decide that Elphaba needs in "Child's Play" and how does she help the girl get what she needs?
7. Why is Melena taken away from her home in the middle of childbirth?
8. What does Nanny take from Melena's when she leaves in "Maladies and Remedies"?
9. What image on a 400 to 500-year-old codex catches Boq's attention?
10. What is Boq's summer job?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)