|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Oz, where are the Sandstone deserts?
(a) North and west.
(b) East and south.
2. Who does Melena call for after the birth of her daughter?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her old Nanny.
3. What does Elphaba try to put upon her wingless bird?
(b) Fish eyes.
(d) Fish scales.
4. In Part II, Chapter 2, what does Elphaba try on at Galinda's urging?
5. Who or what does Elphaba see in Part II Chapter 4, that makes her stop talking and pull her cloak over her head?
(a) Madame Morrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Witch perch as she watches the Lion, Tin Woodman, Scarecrow, and girl on the Yellow Brick Road?
2. When Boq is helping with Doctor Dillamond's research, how often do he and Elphaba meet?
3. Of what descent is the Ozma line?
4. At the beginning of Part II, where is Galinda traveling?
5. Where does a goodwife hide Frexspar during the performance of the Time Dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Galinda have a chaperone when she arrives in Shiz?
2. What does Nanny take from Melena's when she leaves in "Maladies and Remedies"?
3. What does Madame Morrible suggest that Galinda study and what does she say might happen if Galinda pursues that course of study?
4. What are Galinda's choices for housing because her Ama isn't there to help her?
5. What is Boq's summer job?
6. What happens if Elphaba isn't tied down as a baby?
7. What does Crage Hall look like?
8. Why does a woman in a widow's shawl lead Frex away from the Time Dragon?
9. According to Nanny, how long do women go on having babies?
10. What image on a 400 to 500-year-old codex catches Boq's attention?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)