Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya feel about being pregnant?
2. Why do Momma and Maya go away before Bailey?
3. Where does Maya's father work?
4. What book does Maya read that exposes her to lesbianism?
5. Why is Maya uncomfortable about her new school in San Francisco?
Essay Topic 1
There were many reasons Maya did not fit into school or home. What do you think she could have done to fit in better at her white school? What could the other children have done to help?
Essay Topic 2
Religion is central in Momma's life. The church is the center of the black community and holds the people together. Explain why you think the church would be important in black people's lives at the time in which Maya was a young girl. Use examples from the book to illustrate your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Maya was quite old before she made a friend. How do you think not having friends in childhood might affect a person as an adult?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)