|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya feel about being pregnant?
2. Where does Maya's father work?
3. To what does Maya compare her grandmother's ability to calm Maya?
4. Where does Maya's father take her after her fight with Dolores?
5. Why does Maya's mother wake her and Bailey at night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many reasons Maya did not fit into school or home. What do you think she could have done to fit in better at her white school? What could the other children have done to help?
Essay Topic 2
Maya learned the power of words from Mrs. Flowers. How do you think your life is affected by words?
Essay Topic 3
Maya learned young to fear death. How do you think life would be different if humans had a 500-year lifespan?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)