|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya feel about being pregnant?
2. Why do Momma and Maya go away before Bailey?
3. Where does Maya's father work?
4. What book does Maya read that exposes her to lesbianism?
5. Why is Maya uncomfortable about her new school in San Francisco?
Essay Topic 1
Maya learned young to fear death. How do you think life would be different if humans had a 500-year lifespan?
Essay Topic 2
Maya was quite old before she made a friend. How do you think not having friends in childhood might affect a person as an adult?
Essay Topic 3
Maya learns hope and faith through her religious community but also learns fear and hate from living in a segregated and oppressive environment. How do you think the positive values of hope and faith can balance the fear and hate in Maya's life? Use examples from the book to illustrate your answer.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)