|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya feel about being pregnant?
2. Why do Momma and Maya go away before Bailey?
3. Where does Maya's father work?
4. What book does Maya read that exposes her to lesbianism?
5. Why is Maya uncomfortable about her new school in San Francisco?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think children have a better childhood if they are raised in a traditional mother/father home? Why or why not? Include a short opinion on how you think Maya's family life affected her as a person.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Maya had to grow up too fast? Why? Use examples from the book to illustrate your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Maya learns hope and faith through her religious community but also learns fear and hate from living in a segregated and oppressive environment. How do you think the positive values of hope and faith can balance the fear and hate in Maya's life? Use examples from the book to illustrate your answer.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)