|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vivian marry after Maya has gone to live with her?
2. What does Willie tell Bailey is the reason white people hate blacks so much?
3. What does Dolores tell Maya's father about marriage?
4. What is Maya's rank in her graduating class?
5. How far is Maya moved up when she starts school in San Francisco?
Essay Topic 1
One of the first things white people did after they taught slaves English, was teach them about Christianity. How do you think the church was used to oppress slaves?
Essay Topic 2
Maya was quite old before she made a friend. How do you think not having friends in childhood might affect a person as an adult?
Essay Topic 3
Maya gradually learned to become an activist for black civil rights. Is there any area in your life where you are working for a cause? Explain what you do and if not, write about a cause you believe is good.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)