|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya react to her fight with Dolores?
2. After Bailey gets to St. Louis how long do they stay waiting for their mother?
3. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
4. Maya think lesbians are the same as _________.
5. What does Maya's mother tell her when she is worried about raising a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Maya's trip to Mexico with her father.
2. What happens when Maya decides she wants to work on the street car?
3. What does Mr. Clidell teach Maya?
4. How has Bailey changed in Maya's absence and what is Vivian's reaction to him?
5. What happens when Momma and Maya arrive in St. Louis?
6. What happens to Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco during the war?
7. Why does Maya think she might be a lesbian and what does she think a lesbian is?
8. What does Maya's father do for a living and how does he obtain what is necessary for the job?
9. What happens between Dolores and Maya when Maya's father leaves her with Dolores?
10. What does Momma do when Maya has cavities that need the attention of a dentist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think racism still exits in America? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Maya's grandmother told Willie about her trip to the white dentist they both felt she had won the encounter. What do you think and why?
Essay Topic 3
Maya was quite old before she made a friend. How do you think not having friends in childhood might affect a person as an adult?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)