|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the black people who move into Maya's neighborhood during the war go to work?
2. What does Momma make the white dentist do?
3. Maya think lesbians are the same as _________.
4. What does Dolores complain about when Maya and her father come in from the trip?
5. How does Maya's mother's home seem to her after returning from her father's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maya feel about school when she returns and what does she do about it?
2. How does Maya feel about her pregnancy and what does she do?
3. Describe the reason for George Taylor's visit and the visit itself.
4. What happens when Momma and Maya arrive in St. Louis?
5. Where does Maya stay after leaving her father's friend's?
6. Describe Maya's perceptions and experience in her first year at George Washington High School.
7. What does Mr. Clidell teach Maya?
8. What happens with Dolores when Maya and her father return from Mexico?
9. Why does Maya think she might be a lesbian and what does she think a lesbian is?
10. What happens to Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco during the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maya learned the power of words from Mrs. Flowers. How do you think your life is affected by words?
Essay Topic 2
Years after Maya's rape she still suffered from fear and guilt. Why do you think these feelings continued in her?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think racism still exits in America? Why or why not?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)