|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Freedman order Maya to do?
2. What does Maya find interesting about poor people's attitude towards God?
3. What day of the week is exciting and different to Maya?
4. What does the young Maya think about white people?
5. What does Maya find out about her parents when she receives Christmas presents from them?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a child, how does Maya view herself physically?
2. Describe Maya's reaction to her first Valentine.
3. Describe what happens after Maya's mother finds her panties.
4. Who is Joyce and what happens to her?
5. Why do people stay at Momma's after the fight?
6. How does Maya interact with Mrs. Flowers?
7. What are the only two rules Momma has about children?
8. Describe Maya's grandparents who live in the West.
9. Why is Bailey late coming home in Chapter 17?
10. Describe Maya's thoughts as she watches the cotton pickers.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maya was smart and usually worked hard in school. How do you think being intelligent helped her deal with all the problems in her life?
Essay Topic 2
When Maya's grandmother told Willie about her trip to the white dentist they both felt she had won the encounter. What do you think and why?
Essay Topic 3
If Maya Angelou were your grandmother what would you say to other students who asked you about her?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)