Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
2. What does Maya admire about Momma?
3. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
4. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
5. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maya think she might be a lesbian and what does she think a lesbian is?
2. What does Maya say about childhood questions?
3. What happens between Dolores and Maya when Maya's father leaves her with Dolores?
4. What does Maya do when she leaves her father's friend's house?
5. Describe Maya's perceptions and experience in her first year at George Washington High School.
6. What does Maya say she learns from her mother's family?
7. What happens to Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco during the war?
8. How does Maya feel about San Francisco as a community?
9. Describe Maya's reaction to her first Valentine.
10. What does Momma do when Maya has cavities that need the attention of a dentist?
Do you think racism still exits in America? Why or why not?
Maya learned the power of words from Mrs. Flowers. How do you think your life is affected by words?
There were many reasons Maya did not fit into school or home. What do you think she could have done to fit in better at her white school? What could the other children have done to help?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)