|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Cullinan call Maya?
2. How many times has Momma been married?
3. What do the black men do for the big summer gathering?
4. What does Maya find interesting about poor people's attitude towards God?
5. Why do Maya and her brother go to live with their grandmother in Stamps?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people stay at Momma's after the fight?
2. How does Momma believe black people should live in order to be safe?
3. What does Maya say about childhood questions?
4. How do blacks in Stamps view white people and money?
5. What does Mr. Freedman do to Maya?
6. What are black girls supposed to learn in Stamps and how do they learn it?
7. Describe how Uncle Willie feels about his handicap?
8. What does the children's father do when he takes them from Stamps?
9. What does Maya say about Reverend Howard Thomas?
10. What are the only two rules Momma has about children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maya learned the power of words from Mrs. Flowers. How do you think your life is affected by words?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Maya had to grow up too fast? Why? Use examples from the book to illustrate your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think racism still exits in America? Why or why not?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)