Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bailey build a hideaway?
2. What does Maya admire about Momma?
3. What does Maya think of Mrs. Flowers?
4. What is the biggest gathering of the year in Stamps for black people?
5. What does Maya decide to do after Mr. Freedman is stopped?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maya think she might be a lesbian and what does she think a lesbian is?
2. What does Maya say about childhood questions?
3. What happens between Dolores and Maya when Maya's father leaves her with Dolores?
4. What does Maya do when she leaves her father's friend's house?
5. Describe Maya's perceptions and experience in her first year at George Washington High School.
6. What does Maya say she learns from her mother's family?
7. What happens to Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco during the war?
8. How does Maya feel about San Francisco as a community?
9. Describe Maya's reaction to her first Valentine.
10. What does Momma do when Maya has cavities that need the attention of a dentist?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think children have a better childhood if they are raised in a traditional mother/father home? Why or why not? Include a short opinion on how you think Maya's family life affected her as a person.
Essay Topic 2
Maya learns hope and faith through her religious community but also learns fear and hate from living in a segregated and oppressive environment. How do you think the positive values of hope and faith can balance the fear and hate in Maya's life? Use examples from the book to illustrate your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Maya learned young to fear death. How do you think life would be different if humans had a 500-year lifespan?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)