|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Maya's Japanese neighbors during the war?
(b) they are robbed
(c) they join the army
(d) they disappear
2. Where does Maya's father take her after her fight with Dolores?
(a) to a friend's house
(b) to the bus station
(c) to church
(d) to the hospital
3. What book does Maya read that exposes her to lesbianism?
(a) The Well of Loneliness
(b) Dykes on Bikes
(c) Six of One
(d) The Children's Hour
4. Why are the black people left alone in Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco?
(a) The whites have the Japanese to harrass.
(b) There are too many blacks for the whites to control.
(c) They are not a threat.
(d) They are doing all the dirty work.
5. An adult Maya suggests that black people survive ___________________.
(a) by arming themselves
(b) by education
(c) in relationship to their dedicated poets
(d) by taking over the government
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maya transfer to school?
2. After Bailey gets to St. Louis how long do they stay waiting for their mother?
3. What does her mother tell Maya about cutting school?
4. How does Dolores feel about Maya?
5. How does Maya feel about the threat of bombings during the war?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)