|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Maya the rules of the junkyard?
(a) a boy named Bootsie
(b) no one, she's not at a junkyard
(c) a girl named Sabina
(d) a boy named James
2. How does Vivian teach the children about other cultures?
(a) introducing them to people from other countries
(b) giving them books to read
(c) taking them to different parts of the city
(d) through food
3. How does Maya feel about being pregnant?
(c) like the world is ending
(d) she loves it
4. How far is Maya moved up when she starts school in San Francisco?
(a) two years
(b) one semester
(c) two semesters
(d) she is not moved up
5. What do Bailey and Maya have in common since her return from her father's?
(a) street slang
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya see as possible proof she is becoming a lesbian?
2. Where does Maya's father work?
3. Where does Maya's father take her on a trip?
4. What does Mr. Taylor say about his dead wife and children?
5. Where does Maya's father take her after her fight with Dolores?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how blacks avoid lying, according to Maya.
2. What happens when Momma and Maya arrive in St. Louis?
3. What happened that upset Bailey so much before he goes to California?
4. What happens between Dolores and Maya when Maya's father leaves her with Dolores?
5. Why does Maya think she might be a lesbian and what does she think a lesbian is?
6. Describe the Lafayette Training School and its students.
7. Describe Maya's perceptions and experience in her first year at George Washington High School.
8. How does Maya decide to see if she is a lesbian and what happens?
9. How has Bailey changed in Maya's absence and what is Vivian's reaction to him?
10. How does Maya imagine her grandmother will handle the dentist?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)