|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bailey gets to St. Louis how long do they stay waiting for their mother?
(a) four days
(b) two weeks
(c) six months
(d) a year
2. How does Maya get to her new school in San Francisco?
(a) street car
3. Why does Maya start cutting school?
(a) She does not have much in common with the girls at school.
(b) She does not like the principal.
(c) She thinks she has enough education.
(d) She hates reading.
4. Where does Maya's father work?
(a) at the library
(b) he's a soldier
(c) at a naval hospital
(d) at a school
5. Where does Maya spend summer vacation?
(a) she doesn't go anywhere
(b) in England on scholarship
(c) in Stamps
(d) with her father and his girlfriend
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maya sleep when she is on her own?
2. Who, according to blacks, is successful in spite of the oppression of white people?
3. How does Maya's mother's home seem to her after returning from her father's?
4. When does Maya's mother make Maya take the baby?
5. What does Dolores complain about when Maya and her father come in from the trip?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)