|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie tell Bailey is the reason white people hate blacks so much?
(a) Whites are afraid of blacks.
(b) White people feel inferior to blacks.
(c) White people made black people slaves.
(d) Whites have no souls.
2. How does Maya see the city of San Francisco?
(a) stuck up
(b) friendly, but cool
3. Where does Maya's father take her on a trip?
(b) Las Vegas
4. What does Dolores call Vivian?
(a) a two timer
(b) a whore
(c) a creep
(d) a smart woman
5. Why does Maya's mother wake her and Bailey at night?
(a) to move them out of her room
(b) because she's drunk
(c) to drill them about their school work
(d) for biscuits and chocolate milk
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Momma tell the white dentist when he refuses to see Maya?
2. What is the "tripartite crossfire" that assaults young black girls?
3. What does Maya take from Mrs. Flowers when she leaves?
4. What does Maya think about her supervisors on the job?
5. With whom does Maya have adult conversations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maya think she might be a lesbian and what does she think a lesbian is?
2. Describe Maya's reaction to Edward Donleavy's speech about blacks.
3. Describe Maya's trip to Mexico with her father.
4. How has Bailey changed in Maya's absence and what is Vivian's reaction to him?
5. Describe the reason for George Taylor's visit and the visit itself.
6. What happens when Maya decides she wants to work on the street car?
7. What happens to Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco during the war?
8. What happens with Dolores when Maya and her father return from Mexico?
9. How does Maya feel about San Francisco as a community?
10. Describe the Lafayette Training School and its students.
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)