|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya see the city of San Francisco?
(a) stuck up
(d) friendly, but cool
2. Maya think lesbians are the same as _________.
(b) tough girls
(c) single older women
3. Where does Maya's father work?
(a) at a naval hospital
(b) he's a soldier
(c) at a school
(d) at the library
4. How does Maya feel about the threat of bombings during the war?
(b) at home
5. What do Bailey and Maya have in common since her return from her father's?
(a) street slang
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya tell her father about Dolores?
2. What book does Maya read that exposes her to lesbianism?
3. What does Maya's mother think of Maya's fear of becoming a lesbian?
4. What do the people at graduation sing after the valedictorian's speech?
5. Why does Maya have trouble concentrating at the first school she attends in San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maya do when she leaves her father's friend's house?
2. What does Momma do when Maya has cavities that need the attention of a dentist?
3. Explain how blacks avoid lying, according to Maya.
4. Why does Maya think she might be a lesbian and what does she think a lesbian is?
5. What does Mr. Clidell teach Maya?
6. What happens with Dolores when Maya and her father return from Mexico?
7. Where does Maya stay after leaving her father's friend's?
8. What do the children do when they move to San Francisco?
9. Describe the reason for George Taylor's visit and the visit itself.
10. How does Maya imagine her grandmother will handle the dentist?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)