|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bailey do in response to his mother's dislike of his lifestyle?
(a) goes back to school
(b) quits hanging with his friends
(c) slaps her
(d) moves out
2. How does Maya see the city of San Francisco?
(a) stuck up
(d) friendly, but cool
3. What does her stepfather teach her about con men?
(a) how to join them
(b) how to con them
(c) to stay away from them
(d) how to spot them
4. What does Dolores call Vivian?
(a) a smart woman
(b) a two timer
(c) a creep
(d) a whore
5. Why can Maya not become a lesbian, according to her mother?
(a) It is against the church.
(b) It does not run in the family.
(c) She has seen Maya watching boys.
(d) Her mother has one son and one daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Momma tell the white dentist when he refuses to see Maya?
2. How does Maya feel about communication with the dead?
3. How does Maya's mother's home seem to her after returning from her father's?
4. How does Maya get to her new school in San Francisco?
5. How does Bailey feel about Maya's return?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maya decide to see if she is a lesbian and what happens?
2. How does her mother's house feel to Maya when she returns and does she think she is better off having gone to her father's?
3. How has Bailey changed in Maya's absence and what is Vivian's reaction to him?
4. Describe Maya's reaction to Edward Donleavy's speech about blacks.
5. What happens with Dolores when Maya and her father return from Mexico?
6. What happens to Maya when she starts school in San Francisco?
7. What do the children do when they move to San Francisco?
8. Describe Mrs. Taylor's funeral and Maya's reaction.
9. How does Maya feel about school when she returns and what does she do about it?
10. How does Maya feel about San Francisco as a community?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)