|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pregnancy prove to Maya, in her mind?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She is not a lesbian.
(c) She likes boys.
(d) She can have children.
2. Where does Maya's father take her after her fight with Dolores?
(a) to church
(b) to the bus station
(c) to the hospital
(d) to a friend's house
3. Where does Vivian go when she leaves Maya and Momma in St. Louis?
(a) San Francisco
(d) New York
4. What does Momma give Maya for graduation?
(a) a business suit
(b) a new dress
(c) a used car
(d) a Mickey Mouse watch
5. Why does Maya drive the car back to Calexico?
(a) Her father takes off for South America.
(b) she does not drive the car because she is too young.
(c) Her father is sick.
(d) Her father is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya take from Mrs. Flowers when she leaves?
2. How long does it take Maya to get a job with the street car company?
3. Why does Maya have trouble concentrating at the first school she attends in San Francisco?
4. How does Maya feel about communication with the dead?
5. How does Maya get to her new school in San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the children do when they move to San Francisco?
2. How does Maya decide to see if she is a lesbian and what happens?
3. How does her mother's house feel to Maya when she returns and does she think she is better off having gone to her father's?
4. Where does Maya stay after leaving her father's friend's?
5. How does Maya feel about San Francisco as a community?
6. Describe the reason for George Taylor's visit and the visit itself.
7. Describe the living arrangements for Maya and her family after her mother marries Mr. Clidell .
8. Explain how blacks avoid lying, according to Maya.
9. How does Maya feel about her pregnancy and what does she do?
10. What does Maya do when she leaves her father's friend's house?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)