|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the baby is born?
(a) She gets pregnant again.
(b) She wants another baby.
(c) She goes to Stamps.
(d) Maya is afraid to touch him.
2. Where does Momma take Maya when she needs a dentist?
(a) no where
(b) Dr. Sarvey
(c) to California
(d) Dr. Lincoln
3. What does Mr. Taylor say about his dead wife and children?
(a) They should have adopted children.
(b) They did not need children.
(c) She talked to him last night.
(d) They were not able to have children.
4. Who teaches Maya the rules of the junkyard?
(a) no one, she's not at a junkyard
(b) a girl named Sabina
(c) a boy named Bootsie
(d) a boy named James
5. How does Miss Kerwin treat her black and white students?
(b) she favors the whites
(c) she favors the blacks
(d) she favors the Chinese
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the black community treat the graduates of Lafayette Training School?
2. How is Bailey changing in San Francisco?
3. Where does Maya transfer to school?
4. How far is Maya moved up when she starts school in San Francisco?
5. Why can Maya not become a lesbian, according to her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does her mother say and do about Maya's pregnancy?
2. What happens with Dolores when Maya and her father return from Mexico?
3. Describe Maya's trip to Mexico with her father.
4. Why does Maya think she might be a lesbian and what does she think a lesbian is?
5. What does Maya's father do for a living and how does he obtain what is necessary for the job?
6. Where does Maya stay after leaving her father's friend's?
7. How does Maya feel about school when she returns and what does she do about it?
8. Describe Maya's reaction to Edward Donleavy's speech about blacks.
9. What happens when Momma and Maya arrive in St. Louis?
10. How does Maya feel about her pregnancy and what does she do?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)