|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maya's father take her after her fight with Dolores?
(a) to the bus station
(b) to a friend's house
(c) to the hospital
(d) to church
2. Why does Maya drive the car back to Calexico?
(a) Her father takes off for South America.
(b) Her father is sick.
(c) Her father is drunk.
(d) she does not drive the car because she is too young.
3. How does Maya feel about communication with the dead?
4. How does Maya see the city of San Francisco?
(b) stuck up
(d) friendly, but cool
5. What does Maya's new stepfather do for work?
(a) owns apartment buildings and pool halls
(c) basketball player
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dolores feel about Maya?
2. Why can Maya not become a lesbian, according to her mother?
3. What does the author say determines the ethics of the people?
4. Why are the black people left alone in Maya's neighborhood in San Francisco?
5. What does her mother say about Maya's pregnancy?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)